Consumer Reviews of WEIL-MCLAIN boilers

Read more about WEIL-MCLAIN boilers

Date created: 2017-08-25 Name: L. Mcguire
Location: Eden, NC

"Reason this company Boilers are so terrible??"
I had unfortunate opportunity working for Weil McClain short period. Located at Eden, NC site.Due to some of the people work there, total see why all these bad reviews! Screws not screwed in correct, to having wrong parts on units. All they care about is pushing boilers off line! Don't train new employees properly unless they like them. Very hard to work and learn from angry overworked older employees. Image that outcome product is disaster waiting to happen.

Date created: 2017-04-02 Name: Christopher Lavalley
Location: Cumberland, RI

"DO NOT BUY"
I'm a plumbing contractor that has used wm boilers for the last 20 years. In Jan. 2017 I had a wm eg-55 start to leak after only 11 months. After getting the run around for 5 hours on a 20 degree day, I was told that someone would get back to me that day. When no one got back to me I purchased a new block assembly and started the replacement at 2 o'clock in the afternoon finishing the install at 10 pm. Four days later( and only after I made wm aware that the rep. They had assigned to my claim had pasted away months ago) they asked me to return the defective block to the wholesaler to be tested at the factory. After testing they determined that a cast iron section had a "sand hole" and would be credited for block and no other costs associated with install. I'm now out several thousands of dollars and still waiting for a credit on the block now over 90 days. Lesson learned, I will never purchase another Weil Mclain product and I'm trying to get the word out that Weil Mclain does not stand by their shoddy products.

Date created: 2017-03-22 Name: Deb seese
Location: Stroudsburg, PA

"Close call"
Unit was cleaned and yet kept having to reset. Service tech came out again and replaced main control board in the morning and after work came home to a garage filled with steam, garage door opener and eaves along with everything stored in my garage covered in condensation. Canned goods across two car garage were hot to the touch. House could have burned down!! Tech said it was a failed aquastat that failed so upper heat limit shutoff failed. Water poured out all over the garage. No heat or water until unit replaced for a 'deal' at $3500 But I got credit for the $100 main controller installed in the morning. Big break there 😡

Date created: 2017-02-04 Name: L Holland
Location: Newton, MA

"Horrible product"
Wish I had seen the dissatisfaction before we got this furnace. We have had 3-6 service calls every winter. Tonight it is 22 degrees out and dropping. Servicemen got it running today after it stopped last night. Not working again. Getting rid of it. Weil McLain no help. Do not buy their product.

Date created: 2017-02-03 Name: dave jividen
Location: Wheeling, WV

"Worst boiler ever"
It has been several years since I paid 14,000 for the above boiler. It is on a regular service plan but still has had numerous breakdowns. Valve broke completely in 4 years McClain couldn't provide a replacement. McClain would not provide list of distributors to call to see if I could find the part. My furnace has not worked properly for more that it has functioned as expected we have had at least 30 service calls for defective issues most without the problem being fixed. This is a terrible product and should not be on the market.

Date created: 2017-02-01 Name: john king
Location: Cascade, WI

"Won't stand behind warranty"
Beware - boiler block (main part) 20 year warranty no worth the paper it is written on. Block cracked after 5 years and they won't cover it do to mineral deposits. What water does not have minerals in it.

Date created: 2016-12-12 Name: Rodger Scheetz
Location: Kintnersville, PA

"Don't waste your money"
My Ultra Series 2 boiler has not worked properly for one complete heating season since installation 7 years ago. Initially, my unit was not installed properly which was the installers fault, not factory however Weil-McClain offered no help. The unit has shut down anywhere from 3 to 12 times a year due to overheating. We are afraid to travel during the winter for fear of our house freezing up.

Date created: 2016-12-12 Name: k Kleinik
Location: Nokomis, IL

"Unpleasant experience"
This is the biggest piece of junk I have ever purchased. Three blowers, three circuit boards, one tank that leaked and now another circuit board.

Date created: 2016-12-05 Name: Joseph
Location: Central Massachusetts

"Great Product, poor quality control and customer support"
I bought an Ultra CT wall hung boiler. It had been excellent. However, a few weekends ago a small tube in the unit sprung a leak on a Saturday morning. Luckily the unit is not in my cellar but the floor utility/laundry wooden floor was covered with water. I called my plumber around the corner who came within the hour but it was Saturday. He didn't know what to do. He said: "Joe, you will just need to empty water out of the pans." So be it. A small black tube the size of a spaghetti that goes to a readout dial on the top of the unit (shows temp.) had melted and was 1/2 cut and was leaking constantly. During the manufacturing, the black tube had been left resting on the fire box which gets very hot. I would have had to empty a 3 pans every 15 minutes if I hadn't rigged up a funnel system that drained into a hole in the floor and down into my 1791 farmhouse's dirt cellar. This Niagara Falls went on for a week until my plumber installed a new tube. So problem #1 is poor quality control. This would not happen in Germany! I called Weil Mclain. My bill was only $254 and that included labor. They would not talk with me. I had videos and photos of the problem. I had my paid bill and cancelled checks for $12,000 US dollars. Yet they required my plumber to call them for the price of the part. No reimbursement for labor on any of their products. I had a choice to install a Biderus or Veissmann. I figured that I would buy American. I have a Veissmann in another house (perfect) and also had a commercial condensing Buderus boiler the size of a VW. Superb! The problem here is quality control and customer support. When this boiler bites the dust, you know what I will choose.

Date created: 2016-11-28 Name: Paul Goodhue
Location: Shrewsbury NJ

"Piece of shit in my basement"
$1000 for repairman to replace every part and all I have is a boiler that does not work. Never will I buy Weil McLain again