Consumer Reviews of Viessmann boilers

Read more about Viessmann boilers

Date created: 2010-06-03 Name: K. MacKay

"Vitodens 200"
I installed this unit in 2004 replacing a 50 yr old American Standard cast iron oil fired boiler (which was still working when I removed it). So far the Viessmann has operated quietly without a flaw and saves me quiet a bit on my fuel costs. My hope is that this one lasts as long as the original...so far so good!!

Date created: 2010-02-05 Name: Karl Winter

"My dissatisfaction with my Weissmann boiler"
I have carefully monitored the fuel consumption of this boiler and compared it with my previous boiler. It is model Vitorond 100 and heating a single story house of about 2200 sq. ft. Fuel(furnace oil) consumption during the first full season of use was only 20% less that with my previous furnace. I had been assured by the supplier/installer that I should experience a savings of possibly in the upper 30% range. Your comments would be appreciated. Thank you.

Date created: 2010-01-31 Name: Linn E, Auman

"COLD DAYS LET DOWN!"
I can't manually control the inside temperature of the house. Unit shuts down when it's cold outside. The boiler temp is at 165 degrees but the circulator won't run. The inside temp gets down to 60-62 then the circulator turns on.(sporadic, not constantly) Did it once last winter, but now it's done it twice in two days.