Consumer Reviews of Viessmann boilers

Read more about Viessmann boilers

Date created: 2012-10-08 Name: Angeliki V.
Location: London, Greenwich

"F4 and F5 for viessmann"
Aparrently these are meant to be the best boilers in the market, for us in 6 months time it broke 4 times, we rent and apparrenlt the house is 4 years old so the boiler can;t be elder than that... we had 3 times an f5 and now, today an f4, the guys that is fitting it keeps saying that these are the best boilers in the market, but this is cr*p, seriously, don't buy it; I bet a cheapest solution will be more reliable by this P.O.s

Date created: 2011-05-20 Name: Philip marry

"Viessman boilers blow the rest out of the market wake up if you think different"
I ve fitted viessman 100w for the last 7 years only time i ve got and f4 is when system had a leak boiler gos to f4 for saftey resons you wouldent run your kettle without water looking at the complents you can tell there system and installer problems because I can tell you Ive fitted loads of them never replaced a part then you hear problems like replacing expansion vessel then the installer should have fitted an other one all system boilers only come with 8/10 litre vessel with will only do 6 rad systems every complent in these reviews can be explained and there far from boiler problems thats why complants are from home owers and not heating contractors.Also every boiler training day ive being on the only boiler still working is the viessman the rest you cant even change gas rates because off the poor quailty of parts the rest of the boilers do be falling apart no messing build quailty is 100% also when you commission them there always bang on no hours messing with them to get them right what else can I say dont lising to householders how went for the cheapist job and are now paying the price are moto is do it right the first time and you wont look back.

Date created: 2011-05-20 Name: Philip Marry
Location: Dublin

"Viessman are the best boilers on the market"
Viessman are by far the best boiler on the market. Every part them is top quality from pump to gas valves. You won't do better -- don't listen to any of the crap. I can tell from the comments that there are installer faults such as water pressure caused by leaks or bad pipe work. 1/2inch gas lines -- all condensing boilers need 3/4 gas lines to work right.

Date created: 2011-05-12 Location: Houston, TX

"Viessmann Vitodens 200- W awesome performance Low energy usage"
The Viessmann Vitodens 200- W is an awesome boiler, I bought it recently about 1 month ago or so. So far it has given me very good results. It is very efficient therefore wastes less fuel. I have a small property and works very well. It claims to provide ¨operational efficiency of up to 98%¨ that´s why I got that model while doing online research and after using it for about 20 days I see that that claim may be true. It heats up water instantly to whatever temperature you set it up. It is not loud and the sound is not anoying unlike many bigger boilers. It is easy to clean and has not rusted anywhere so far. It has low emissions therefore it´s a green alternative. The Viessmann Vitodens 200- W was very easy to install. It has a 3 year warranty, it´s small and easy to install and so far has not given me any problems. the only thing I don´t really like about it is that it is not available in black since it would match my laundry room better. I really trust this brand so far and hope not having to buy another boiler again and trust this one will last quite a while

Date created: 2011-02-19 Name: Louie
Location: Guelph, ON

"Break down after 4 years"
After 4 years, had to replace the boiler shell as it was leaking ($3,000 repair!). Veissmann rejected the warranty claim (sounds familiar?)...saying that it was caused by a leaking hydronic system (in floor radiant heating system). The hydronic system does not have a leak. I'm going to challenge this. Does anyone else have any experience fighting warranty claims?

Date created: 2010-12-11 Name: marc
Location: new hampshire

"Amazing simply amazing"
Buy one and you will see. they are superior. there's no words to describe how i feel about this boiler. hardly ever runs and the house is a comfy 75 degrees. when it runs on for very short time. oil consumption is little. i could not be happier. my god. simply wonderful.

Date created: 2010-12-10 Name: J. Porter
Location: Michigan

"Viesman Boiler Buyer Beware"
In 2001 I installed an infloor radiant heat system with a Viessman 4 way mixing valve controller, veissman Vitogas 50 boiler, and domestic hot water heat exchanger package. the system was completly controled by the mixing valve control computer I took a lighting surge whitch took out the outdoor temp sensor, floor supply water temp sensor, and the mother board of the control module. 9 yaers old, no replacement parts availible for this "old techonolgy" control unit. I would never buy Viesman products again. Buyer Beware!! Their suggestion, install a complete new system including the boiler! I don't think so! I'd switch to wood first!

Date created: 2010-12-02 Name: Mark
Location: Boston, MA

"VIESSMANN BOILER MAKES ME BOILING MAD"
Already having parts failing after just 4 years Being told no warrentee coverage.

Date created: 2010-11-26 Name: Leonard
Location: RMH Alberta

"Only way to go"
I have been installing these boilers for about 2001 when they were first introduced to me I have fantastic service from them to date I have never had 1 service call I have only installed the wall hung vitodens 100 series for the past 4 years no problems with boilers at all I also install The IBC boilers for any thing larger than 100MBH loads. My wholesaler has 3 designers on staff that I use on evry install for proper sizing of pumps piping and elecrical they suplly me with elec diagrams and piping diagrams for every install We are afraid to try any other Brand.

Date created: 2010-06-03 Name: K. MacKay

"Vitodens 200"
I installed this unit in 2004 replacing a 50 yr old American Standard cast iron oil fired boiler (which was still working when I removed it). So far the Viessmann has operated quietly without a flaw and saves me quiet a bit on my fuel costs. My hope is that this one lasts as long as the original...so far so good!!