Consumer Reviews of Utica boilers

Read more about Utica boilers

• MGB (10 reviews)

Date created: 2009-10-26 Name: Bryant Farrell

"Had a Utica Installed Today"
I just had a Utica installed today. The sfh 3100. If I had used my head and read these reviews before it was installed, I wouldn't have went with it. The majority says it's junk!! I hope not!! Pray for me!!

Date created: 2009-07-16 Name: George White

"3 Utica Steam Boilers Within 7 Years"
This is our experience with the Utica Starfire iii Oil-Fired Steam Boiler. The original installation was in October, 2002. The system worked well until November 2005, when it developed a serious leak and had to be replaced under the warranty. This replacement block again worked well until this past spring (2009)when it also developed a serious leak, and again has to be replaced under the warranty although its not too reassuring that the warranty has only 3 years remaining. Although the blocks have been provided under the warranty, the labor has been a major expense. The original cost in 2002 was $5,750.00. The next installation in 2005 was $1800.00, but a service contract with the oil company paid for half. The third installation cost $2,575.00.

Date created: 2009-07-01 Name: A. Iacobellis

"Owner"
I had just installed a new boiler, within minutes of operation a part burned and the boiler stopped operating. A replacement part was installed and the boiler functioned well. The next day when the gas company came to inspect the boiler, it failed to work once more. It seems that I purchased a lemon!! I have been waiting for over an hour to hear from the service company. I am very seriously considering changing this boiler and eat the cost for another new boiler. Weil-Mclain seems to be the choice, the replaced boiler worked well for 23 years.

Date created: 2009-05-30 Name: Matthew Mitchell

"UTICA BOILERS STINK"
I would never buy another Utica Boiler. They leak and in 5 years we have had 11 service calls. I would rate this a consumer worst buy.

Date created: 2009-04-06 Name: UTICA BOILERS

"DISSATISFIED UTICA BOILER OWNER"
Upon moving into my 1926 townhouse I installed a new utica boiler, hoping to avert any problems entailed with an old,inefficient system. I have lived in several other 1920's homes, all with older, even original boiler systems and this new utica does not compare with even the oldest, which never gave me a problem! In six years I have had to replace the heating unit three times when the boiler failed (usually on a weekend or at night in the dead of winter). Cost of the part was the least of the expenses, the highest cost being installation/service call cost. is there a "lemon law" regarding boilers? The company that installed the unit says that failure of this part is common, but that you cannot predict when it will happen, even if you are,as I am, concientious about having the unit maintained yearly. one should be able to invoke a "bad product"law to recover money wasted on service to keep the thing going! Thoroughly disgusted with this product. my old units from the 1920's were far more reliable.

Date created: 2009-03-20 Name: UTICA BOILERS

"ThermoTron"
I put this ThermoTron unit in to replace a relic. This unit ran perfect for 3 years with out any serice or ajustments. plenty of heat and hot water.

Date created: 2008-11-01 Name: PND
Location: Newton, MA

"Real Eatate Developer"
I'm a Real Estate Developer and have used Utica boilers for years on all my projects. I have never had a problem with them, they are reliable, efficient and cost effective.

Date created: 2008-02-09 Name: Bob Gagnon
Location: Lowell, MA

I am a plumbing and heating contractor and I have used Utica exclusivly for decades. I have had so few problems over the years that I now give a 5 year warranty on all boiler installs. I have had two boilers that needed replacement over that whole time because they were leaking, and they got me a new boiler that day! They still make boilers to last-old school quality. I WILL NOT INSTALL ANY BOILER EXCEPT UTICA. Every time I have had to call Utica over the years, I got through right away, and had my question answered or problem resolved immediatly. Many people choose the low bid, but piping a boiler wrong will cause banging pipes, high fuel bills and premature boiler failure, I see it all the time. I have serviced and installed other boilers but Utica stands head and shoulders above the rest. For more info go to my website at www.BobGagnon.com Thanks, Bob Gagnon

Date created: 2008-01-18 Name: Martin Hayden
Location: Fitchburg, Massachusettes

I am a contractor in Massachusettes, I had the missfortune of doing a warrenty replacement of a UTICA steam boiler this company is the worst company I have ever delt with, I have called their rep eight (8) times since November 12,2007 it is now Jan 18,2008 and I have still not received a response. I WILL NEVER RECOMMEND OR INSTALL A UTICA BOILER AGAIN

Date created: 2006-10-22 Name: Breton