Consumer Reviews of Utica boilers

Read more about Utica boilers

• MGB (10 reviews)

Date created: 2009-05-30 Name: Matthew Mitchell

"UTICA BOILERS STINK"
I would never buy another Utica Boiler. They leak and in 5 years we have had 11 service calls. I would rate this a consumer worst buy.

Date created: 2009-04-06 Name: UTICA BOILERS

"DISSATISFIED UTICA BOILER OWNER"
Upon moving into my 1926 townhouse I installed a new utica boiler, hoping to avert any problems entailed with an old,inefficient system. I have lived in several other 1920's homes, all with older, even original boiler systems and this new utica does not compare with even the oldest, which never gave me a problem! In six years I have had to replace the heating unit three times when the boiler failed (usually on a weekend or at night in the dead of winter). Cost of the part was the least of the expenses, the highest cost being installation/service call cost. is there a "lemon law" regarding boilers? The company that installed the unit says that failure of this part is common, but that you cannot predict when it will happen, even if you are,as I am, concientious about having the unit maintained yearly. one should be able to invoke a "bad product"law to recover money wasted on service to keep the thing going! Thoroughly disgusted with this product. my old units from the 1920's were far more reliable.

Date created: 2009-03-20 Name: UTICA BOILERS

"ThermoTron"
I put this ThermoTron unit in to replace a relic. This unit ran perfect for 3 years with out any serice or ajustments. plenty of heat and hot water.

Date created: 2008-11-01 Name: PND
Location: Newton, MA

"Real Eatate Developer"
I'm a Real Estate Developer and have used Utica boilers for years on all my projects. I have never had a problem with them, they are reliable, efficient and cost effective.

Date created: 2008-02-09 Name: Bob Gagnon
Location: Lowell, MA

I am a plumbing and heating contractor and I have used Utica exclusivly for decades. I have had so few problems over the years that I now give a 5 year warranty on all boiler installs. I have had two boilers that needed replacement over that whole time because they were leaking, and they got me a new boiler that day! They still make boilers to last-old school quality. I WILL NOT INSTALL ANY BOILER EXCEPT UTICA. Every time I have had to call Utica over the years, I got through right away, and had my question answered or problem resolved immediatly. Many people choose the low bid, but piping a boiler wrong will cause banging pipes, high fuel bills and premature boiler failure, I see it all the time. I have serviced and installed other boilers but Utica stands head and shoulders above the rest. For more info go to my website at www.BobGagnon.com Thanks, Bob Gagnon

Date created: 2008-01-18 Name: Martin Hayden
Location: Fitchburg, Massachusettes

I am a contractor in Massachusettes, I had the missfortune of doing a warrenty replacement of a UTICA steam boiler this company is the worst company I have ever delt with, I have called their rep eight (8) times since November 12,2007 it is now Jan 18,2008 and I have still not received a response. I WILL NEVER RECOMMEND OR INSTALL A UTICA BOILER AGAIN

Date created: 2006-10-22 Name: Breton
Location: NJ 08861

Very good Boiler

Date created: 2006-08-20 Years owned: 1

THIS BOILER WAS INSTALLED WRONG by a contractor and he never came back to clean or check is installation the efficiency of this boiler is very bad the way it is presently working I have contacted two other heating contractors one wan'ts 1,800.00 to change piping and will not gaurantte it would help. The other contractor said he does not want to get involved.