Consumer Reviews of Utica boilers

Read more about Utica boilers

• MGB (10 reviews)

Date created: 2011-01-02 Name: Bette Berga
Location: Wakefield, MI

"I am thrilled with my boiler and would buy another."
I had to replace my oil furnace and made the switch to propane. My furnace installer sells Utica. I checked this site and was surprised to find such negative reviews. I told him about it. He said he hadn't had any issues and he promptly told his distributor who told the company. When they collectively researched the reviews, most of the units were not the one I was looking at, but aside from that,it was found on all but a couple that either installation was incorrect or there was too much antifreeze added, which caused leaking. How many people have bothered to write a positive review? We are always fast to complain, but slow to praise. These are how many negative reviews out of how many units sold? 100? 1000? 10,000? I trust my furnace installer and know he would not handle a product on which he has to deal with complaints. I am thrilled with my boiler and would buy another.

Date created: 2010-12-11 Name: Mitchell Gregory
Location: Frankfort NY

"I got two pieces of junk"
Two years ago purchased two Utica Boilers for my 3 story apartment building. One for the 1st floor and one for the 2nd and third. Total cost $13000.00. $3000.00 in repairs over the last three years. Both heat exchangers leaked and had to be replaced this year. Ignitors gone bad twice. Both pumps gone bad. In process of sueing Utica Boilers and the contractor who installed them. Whats worst of all, I live 7 miles from Utica NY where they are made and spoke to people who work for the company and they all say the boilers are junk.

Date created: 2010-12-07 Name: Jim Glenn
Location: Manchester NH

"Utica SFH4150 st boiler"
Boiler was 5 years old when we bought the home 10 years ago. 2 years ago noticed the plumes of white smoke out the chimmny, and luke warm water(this unit has on demand hot water). Being mechanicly inclined I pulled the stack off and found a golf ball sized hole in the rear heat exchanger. Had to install an electric h2o heater to have reliable hot water. Got no help from customer service because I was not the origional owner. Would not buy a Utica product.

Date created: 2010-12-06 Name: Joe Smith

"Utica Garbage"
My home is 3 years old and I am on the 3rd Utica Boiler (gas fired). The first two cracked in the aluminum cast and leaked badly. They also had to have the igniter replaced three times in two years. Just last night the newest "most efficient" upgraded model ran an error and I woke up to a freezing house. These things are junk. I gave them several chances and have had a minimum of three issues during the cold Winter with all of them.

Date created: 2010-11-29 Name: Stefania Susi
Location: Massachusetts

"Worst customer service"
This boiler leaks!!! My Utica boiler is only 6 years old and it is a piece of crap. The whole inside is rusted and has golf ball size holes. The Company will not honor the warranty because I was not the original purchaser. What a load of crap. DO NOT PURCHASE THIS BOILER!!!

Date created: 2010-10-22 Name: dennis exter
Location: penna

"Hvac ins,tech,owner"
A leaker then the thing wont run ,now iy stops again this year

Date created: 2010-10-21 Name: Jeff Camiscioli
Location: NJ

"Stay far away from utica boilers"
Their products leak, and there warranty is weak When the cold is at your door, Utica will will sell you out like a whore When Utica's product lets you down, their customer service will be nowhere to be found. This boiler was the worst mistake, And Utica's Bossman laughes all the way to the bank. Buyer Beware. Stay away.

Date created: 2010-10-15 Name: j byers
Location: dorcester ma

"One of the best"
Since my boiler was installed it have never failed me as yet . if i install another boiler at my home it got to be a untica boiler

Date created: 2010-10-15 Name: K Camiscioli
Location: New Jersey

"Don't buy a Utica anything"
I had installed a Utica boiler that was very expensive to install. In the third year I had the boiler it wouldn't start. I called a plumber he siad the boiler leaked. The leaf caused extensive rust damage to the inside of the unit. I called Utica's customer service or lack there of and they told me it was my fault for not seeing the leak!!!!!! The leak which was never visible from the outside of the boiler. their customer service told me there was nothing they could do. The bottom line don't buy a Utica if you want anything close to customer service.

Date created: 2010-07-18 Name: Debra Dellagiacoma

"Never again"
My house had an original Utica Boiler that last 40+ years so when we added to out house we decided to buy another one. huge mistake. a little more than two years ago it was installed, Thursday it broke, water all over my basement!!! I had to go buy a hot water heater just so we can get water. I have two kids and not a large budget. Was told it was not covered so I have to eat the purchase and buy a new one. Hey Utica, great customer service.