Consumer Reviews of Utica boilers

Read more about Utica boilers

• MGB (9 reviews)

Date created: 2010-10-15 Name: K Camiscioli
Location: New Jersey

"Don't buy a Utica anything"
I had installed a Utica boiler that was very expensive to install. In the third year I had the boiler it wouldn't start. I called a plumber he siad the boiler leaked. The leaf caused extensive rust damage to the inside of the unit. I called Utica's customer service or lack there of and they told me it was my fault for not seeing the leak!!!!!! The leak which was never visible from the outside of the boiler. their customer service told me there was nothing they could do. The bottom line don't buy a Utica if you want anything close to customer service.

Date created: 2010-07-18 Name: Debra Dellagiacoma

"Never again"
My house had an original Utica Boiler that last 40+ years so when we added to out house we decided to buy another one. huge mistake. a little more than two years ago it was installed, Thursday it broke, water all over my basement!!! I had to go buy a hot water heater just so we can get water. I have two kids and not a large budget. Was told it was not covered so I have to eat the purchase and buy a new one. Hey Utica, great customer service.

Date created: 2010-05-11 Name: Mikecroky

"Steam boiler rusting out"
When my old boiler, which had worked many years without problem, needed to be replaced my oil man suaggested a Utica boiler. I have oil fired, steam heat. After less than 3 years the boiler rusted out from the inside. My oil man told me it was because I had an automatic water feed. Utica gave me a new boiler but I was on the hook for $1500 in labor. Got that reduced to a 3 way split between me, oil company and Utica. 3 years later and my Utica boiler has rusted from the inside out again. Never buy a Utica again. My old boiler had automatic water feed and never rusted.

Date created: 2010-04-07 Name: B. Welker

"Utica Boiler"
I installed my Utica Starfire Boiler over 20 years ago and it still runs great. I service it myself and it has only needed the basic tune-up parts, nozzels, electrodes, filters,etc. I would buy another one today if I needed a new boiler.

Date created: 2010-01-25 Name: Jb

"Home owner"
My Utica boiler was installed back in May 09. The boiler makes a lot of noise. It seems sometimes like it wants to blow up possibly due to gas buildup. Not sure why it's making this sickening boom sound when it fires, but if I knew this, I would have left my old boiler in.

Date created: 2009-11-02 Name: J. Massachusetts

"August 1983"
I bought a house that had one of these in it from august of 1983. Lasted until 2009. It's older than my wife. We're having another Utica installed hoping to have another 26 years of heat.

Date created: 2009-10-26 Name: Bryant Farrell

"Had a Utica Installed Today"
I just had a Utica installed today. The sfh 3100. If I had used my head and read these reviews before it was installed, I wouldn't have went with it. The majority says it's junk!! I hope not!! Pray for me!!

Date created: 2009-07-16 Name: George White

"3 Utica Steam Boilers Within 7 Years"
This is our experience with the Utica Starfire iii Oil-Fired Steam Boiler. The original installation was in October, 2002. The system worked well until November 2005, when it developed a serious leak and had to be replaced under the warranty. This replacement block again worked well until this past spring (2009)when it also developed a serious leak, and again has to be replaced under the warranty although its not too reassuring that the warranty has only 3 years remaining. Although the blocks have been provided under the warranty, the labor has been a major expense. The original cost in 2002 was $5,750.00. The next installation in 2005 was $1800.00, but a service contract with the oil company paid for half. The third installation cost $2,575.00.

Date created: 2009-07-01 Name: A. Iacobellis

"Owner"
I had just installed a new boiler, within minutes of operation a part burned and the boiler stopped operating. A replacement part was installed and the boiler functioned well. The next day when the gas company came to inspect the boiler, it failed to work once more. It seems that I purchased a lemon!! I have been waiting for over an hour to hear from the service company. I am very seriously considering changing this boiler and eat the cost for another new boiler. Weil-Mclain seems to be the choice, the replaced boiler worked well for 23 years.

Date created: 2009-05-30 Name: Matthew Mitchell

"UTICA BOILERS STINK"
I would never buy another Utica Boiler. They leak and in 5 years we have had 11 service calls. I would rate this a consumer worst buy.