Consumer Reviews of Utica boilers

• MGB (10 reviews)

Date created: 2010-11-29 Name: Stefania Susi
Location: Massachusetts

"Worst customer service"
This boiler leaks!!! My Utica boiler is only 6 years old and it is a piece of crap. The whole inside is rusted and has golf ball size holes. The Company will not honor the warranty because I was not the original purchaser. What a load of crap. DO NOT PURCHASE THIS BOILER!!!

Date created: 2010-10-22 Name: dennis exter
Location: penna

"Hvac ins,tech,owner"
A leaker then the thing wont run ,now iy stops again this year

Date created: 2010-10-21 Name: Jeff Camiscioli
Location: NJ

"Stay far away from utica boilers"
Their products leak, and there warranty is weak When the cold is at your door, Utica will will sell you out like a whore When Utica's product lets you down, their customer service will be nowhere to be found. This boiler was the worst mistake, And Utica's Bossman laughes all the way to the bank. Buyer Beware. Stay away.

Date created: 2010-10-15 Name: j byers
Location: dorcester ma

"One of the best"
Since my boiler was installed it have never failed me as yet . if i install another boiler at my home it got to be a untica boiler

Date created: 2010-10-15 Name: K Camiscioli
Location: New Jersey

"Don't buy a Utica anything"
I had installed a Utica boiler that was very expensive to install. In the third year I had the boiler it wouldn't start. I called a plumber he siad the boiler leaked. The leaf caused extensive rust damage to the inside of the unit. I called Utica's customer service or lack there of and they told me it was my fault for not seeing the leak!!!!!! The leak which was never visible from the outside of the boiler. their customer service told me there was nothing they could do. The bottom line don't buy a Utica if you want anything close to customer service.

Date created: 2010-07-18 Name: Debra Dellagiacoma

"Never again"
My house had an original Utica Boiler that last 40+ years so when we added to out house we decided to buy another one. huge mistake. a little more than two years ago it was installed, Thursday it broke, water all over my basement!!! I had to go buy a hot water heater just so we can get water. I have two kids and not a large budget. Was told it was not covered so I have to eat the purchase and buy a new one. Hey Utica, great customer service.

Date created: 2010-05-11 Name: Mikecroky

"Steam boiler rusting out"
When my old boiler, which had worked many years without problem, needed to be replaced my oil man suaggested a Utica boiler. I have oil fired, steam heat. After less than 3 years the boiler rusted out from the inside. My oil man told me it was because I had an automatic water feed. Utica gave me a new boiler but I was on the hook for $1500 in labor. Got that reduced to a 3 way split between me, oil company and Utica. 3 years later and my Utica boiler has rusted from the inside out again. Never buy a Utica again. My old boiler had automatic water feed and never rusted.

Date created: 2010-04-07 Name: B. Welker

"Utica Boiler"
I installed my Utica Starfire Boiler over 20 years ago and it still runs great. I service it myself and it has only needed the basic tune-up parts, nozzels, electrodes, filters,etc. I would buy another one today if I needed a new boiler.

Date created: 2010-01-25 Name: Jb

"Home owner"
My Utica boiler was installed back in May 09. The boiler makes a lot of noise. It seems sometimes like it wants to blow up possibly due to gas buildup. Not sure why it's making this sickening boom sound when it fires, but if I knew this, I would have left my old boiler in.

Date created: 2009-11-02 Name: J. Massachusetts

"August 1983"
I bought a house that had one of these in it from august of 1983. Lasted until 2009. It's older than my wife. We're having another Utica installed hoping to have another 26 years of heat.