Consumer Reviews of Utica boilers

• MGB (10 reviews)

Date created: 2012-02-19 Name: Lewis Corno
Location: Westfield ,N.J.

"Steam Boiler"
This is the 2nd Utica boiler I had to replace in 20 years. It is leaking into the firebox where the burners are. This is the exact same problem as the 1st one I replaced. Needless to say I will not be replacing with another Utica boiler. I have tried to contact Utica with a E-mail and also faxed them a copy of the e-mail but have never received a reply. Very disappointed!

Date created: 2012-02-14 Name: Ron Dorfberger
Location: hampton bays

"Bad boilers"
Need new boiler after 7 years. Awful customer service -- my neighbor's lasted 2 years. Garbage. Junk.

Date created: 2012-01-03 Name: S Daley
Location: Chelmsford ma

"Bad company"
This is the third boiler in 8 years each one has failed within 2 years. It was under warranty but the labor has been $1000.00 each time it has been replaced. Now we have another lemon and Utica does not want to stand by it. Do not by a utica boiler. They are junk. Stay away from anything by Utica.

Date created: 2011-11-16 Name: d papa
Location: new york

"Bad Boiler"
Had this unit less than 2 years and the cast iron unit cracked. Like everyone else we had to pay all labor costs. Luckily didn't lose our heat. If this country wants everyone to buy in the USA they need to make better products!! Wish we had gone with the German made boiler.

Date created: 2011-09-12 Name: R. Craig
Location: Danvers, MA

"Problems with Aluminum Boiler Blocks"
The system is very efficient, however, after 3 years the block began to leak. Utica provided a new block, but would not pay any &#9824;labor costs. After 2 years the second block began to leak, same scenario. Our plumber heard rumors that Utica had a problems with the aluminum blocks on this particular model, and reading other reviews it appears to be the case. The third block has totally different markings indicating a different manufacturer-we shall see. The original distributor no longer handles Utica boilers, but went to bat for our plumber, but commented how bad their customer service is. I will never purchase another Utica product or recommend them to anyone.

Date created: 2011-08-10 Name: John Anderson
Location: Flinton, Pa

"Be careful of hard water"
Bought a house five years ago with a now 12 year old Utica boiler. Have had many problems, but found that some of them were made worse by the extremely hard water in our area. Added a new Culligan water softener and it helped somewhat. Utica seems to be of poorer quality and I am replacing.

Date created: 2011-03-29 Name: J Perez
Location: Springfield, NJ

"Yet to go a season without a problem"
In less than 4 years, I had to replace the ignitor (twice), the circuit board, the pressure switch and now (hot off the presses) the burner...This unit is terrible - If I hadn't (over)paid so much for it, I'd take a sledge-hammer to it and replace it with a real brand.

Date created: 2011-03-10 Name: r. travis
Location: BROADALBIN, NY

"BUY ANOTHER BRAND"
MODEL#UB90-175LP Five years with a new house, five years with a new furnace that is JUNK. The concept of a multiple firing furnace is great but the product and the company are not sufficient for the concept to be implemented. Over 5 years we have had a technician here no less than 20 times, no heat, no hot water, concern when on vacation that it won't come on leaving frozen pipes. A company that does not service the product. Spend the extra money and buy a Buderus or specificy it when you buy your house.

Date created: 2011-01-29 Name: H. PHILLIP
Location: South Orange, NJ

"MAINTAIN PROPERLY"
NOT ALL GOOD THINGS CAN BE CONSIDERED BAD. I BOUGHT A UTICA GAS STEAM BOILER 14 WINTERS AGO, REPLACING ANOTHER BRAND. THIS BOILER HAS WORKED CONSISTENTLY WITHOUT TROUBLE UNTIL THIS WINTER WHEN IT SPRUNG A LEAK. THATS A PRETTY LONG RUN. BY ALL MEANS IT COULD HAVE GONE LONGER. BUT CAN WE CONTINUOUSLY DRAG DOWN EVERY MANUFACTURING ENTITY WE HAVE IN THIS COUNTRY BECAUSE WE HAVE THE POWER TO WRITE FREELY. THINK OF WHAT MAY HAVE GONE WRONG BEFORE PASSING BLAME.

Date created: 2011-01-04 Name: Tom Murphy
Location: Binghamton, NY

"No Parts on hand"
I have a Utica Boiler and it has run very well for 15 years but the Direct Vent Blower Motor went bad and destroyed the fan as well. The problem is I can't get replacement parts from any of Utica's dealers (no parts in stock). I called Utica directly and they told me this blower is a "Utica Exclusive Blower", manfactured by FASCO for Utica. Utica didn't have the part in stock but they would call Fasco and could have the part sent to my local distributor in 3 to 7 days. I find this unacceptable as it is winter and my house is stone cold and I'm borrowing space heaters from neighbors to keep the pipes from freezing. Thank You Utica.