Consumer Reviews of Utica boilers

• MGB (8 reviews)

Date created: 2011-01-29 Name: H. PHILLIP
Location: South Orange, NJ

"MAINTAIN PROPERLY"
NOT ALL GOOD THINGS CAN BE CONSIDERED BAD. I BOUGHT A UTICA GAS STEAM BOILER 14 WINTERS AGO, REPLACING ANOTHER BRAND. THIS BOILER HAS WORKED CONSISTENTLY WITHOUT TROUBLE UNTIL THIS WINTER WHEN IT SPRUNG A LEAK. THATS A PRETTY LONG RUN. BY ALL MEANS IT COULD HAVE GONE LONGER. BUT CAN WE CONTINUOUSLY DRAG DOWN EVERY MANUFACTURING ENTITY WE HAVE IN THIS COUNTRY BECAUSE WE HAVE THE POWER TO WRITE FREELY. THINK OF WHAT MAY HAVE GONE WRONG BEFORE PASSING BLAME.

Date created: 2011-01-04 Name: Tom Murphy
Location: Binghamton, NY

"No Parts on hand"
I have a Utica Boiler and it has run very well for 15 years but the Direct Vent Blower Motor went bad and destroyed the fan as well. The problem is I can't get replacement parts from any of Utica's dealers (no parts in stock). I called Utica directly and they told me this blower is a "Utica Exclusive Blower", manfactured by FASCO for Utica. Utica didn't have the part in stock but they would call Fasco and could have the part sent to my local distributor in 3 to 7 days. I find this unacceptable as it is winter and my house is stone cold and I'm borrowing space heaters from neighbors to keep the pipes from freezing. Thank You Utica.

Date created: 2011-01-02 Name: Bette Berga
Location: Wakefield, MI

"UB90-100LP"
I had to replace my oil furnace and made the switch to propane. My furnace installer sells Utica. I checked this site and was surprised to find such negative reviews. I told him about it. He said he hadn't had any issues and he promptly told his distributor who told the company. When they collectively researched the reviews, most of the units were not the one I was looking at, but aside from that,it was found on all but a couple that either installation was incorrect or there was too much antifreeze added, which caused leaking. How many people have bothered to write a positive review? We are always fast to complain, but slow to praise. These are how many negative reviews out of how many units sold? 100? 1000? 10,000? I trust my furnace installer and know he would not handle a product on which he has to deal with complaints. I am thrilled with my boiler and would buy another.

Date created: 2010-12-11 Name: Mitchell Gregory
Location: Frankfort NY

"I got two pieces of junk"
Two years ago purchased two Utica Boilers for my 3 story apartment building. One for the 1st floor and one for the 2nd and third. Total cost $13000.00. $3000.00 in repairs over the last three years. Both heat exchangers leaked and had to be replaced this year. Ignitors gone bad twice. Both pumps gone bad. In process of sueing Utica Boilers and the contractor who installed them. Whats worst of all, I live 7 miles from Utica NY where they are made and spoke to people who work for the company and they all say the boilers are junk.

Date created: 2010-12-07 Name: Jim Glenn
Location: Manchester NH

"Utica SFH4150 st boiler"
Boiler was 5 years old when we bought the home 10 years ago. 2 years ago noticed the plumes of white smoke out the chimmny, and luke warm water(this unit has on demand hot water). Being mechanicly inclined I pulled the stack off and found a golf ball sized hole in the rear heat exchanger. Had to install an electric h2o heater to have reliable hot water. Got no help from customer service because I was not the origional owner. Would not buy a Utica product.

Date created: 2010-12-06 Name: Joe Smith

"Utica Garbage"
My home is 3 years old and I am on the 3rd Utica Boiler (gas fired). The first two cracked in the aluminum cast and leaked badly. They also had to have the igniter replaced three times in two years. Just last night the newest "most efficient" upgraded model ran an error and I woke up to a freezing house. These things are junk. I gave them several chances and have had a minimum of three issues during the cold Winter with all of them.

Date created: 2010-11-29 Name: Stefania Susi
Location: Massachusetts

"Worst customer service"
This boiler leaks!!! My Utica boiler is only 6 years old and it is a piece of crap. The whole inside is rusted and has golf ball size holes. The Company will not honor the warranty because I was not the original purchaser. What a load of crap. DO NOT PURCHASE THIS BOILER!!!

Date created: 2010-10-22 Name: dennis exter
Location: penna

"Hvac ins,tech,owner"
A leaker then the thing wont run ,now iy stops again this year

Date created: 2010-10-21 Name: Jeff Camiscioli
Location: NJ

"Stay far away from utica boilers"
Their products leak, and there warranty is weak When the cold is at your door, Utica will will sell you out like a whore When Utica's product lets you down, their customer service will be nowhere to be found. This boiler was the worst mistake, And Utica's Bossman laughes all the way to the bank. Buyer Beware. Stay away.

Date created: 2010-10-15 Name: j byers
Location: dorcester ma

"One of the best"
Since my boiler was installed it have never failed me as yet . if i install another boiler at my home it got to be a untica boiler