Consumer Reviews of Utica boilers

Read more about Utica boilers

• MGB (10 reviews)

Date created: 2013-11-24 Name: D. Charpentier
Location: Meriden,Ct

"Dan C Meriden, Connecticut"
This was the best investment I have done to my home. I used to spend $5000-$7500 a year to heat my home and hot water. Last year, I spent only a little less than $1500 for the same amount of time. Another good thing is, it is so quiet you do not even know it is running. Anyone looking for a good unit go with this SSC model if you have room to hang it. I love it.

Date created: 2013-11-10 Name: T. Thomas
Location: Long Island, NY

"Boiler Leaks"
Bought a UTICA UB95M-200 in 2004. In 2006, first boiler was replaced, chamber leaked (bad casting). Utica shipped new boiler, labor we had to pay. In 2008, same problem again, basement flooded. Leaked in same location of boiler. Utica again shipped a new boiler after fighting for weeks. Now 2013, same leak again!! Took pictures, contacted Utica about boiler. Now, 5 years old and failed! Utica claims is the water condition, will not replace unit. Plumber used (boiler sealant) good for now. It's a small pinhole leak on right side of heat chamber - water sprays out. This boiler is garbage!!!

Date created: 2013-08-27 Name: scott stetser
Location: New Jersey

"Quality Contractors"
I am a contractor in New Jersey checking reviews of different product reviews. Utica boilers are well-built and if installed correctly, last for years. Most, if not all problems listed in these negative reviews of all the products on the net are because of improper installation, tech as of proper water flow, proper ph of water, and installation of safety devices. Low water cut off, so instead of blaming the product, hire a contractor who knows what he is doing. Check friends and neighbors for positive results, not fancy adds and fake you out rebate that end up costing money by having an untrained hot shot from the local big name. Stick it to you than blame the product because they cut corners. So before you down the product, read reviews and ignore the ones complaining about poor service from contractor.

Date created: 2013-05-09 Name: J. Buckley
Location: Manchester, CT

"Utica Boiler 41 Years Old"
This boiler was installed in 1972. Original boiler, I have owned it for ~38 years. No problem with the boiler itself. A few problems with gas valve, solenoid valves and a pump. No leaks. I'm in the process of getting quotes now to replace it. Still works fine, but I'm worried about it's age and I'd like better efficiency. But after reading some of these reviews, I'm wondering if I should!

Date created: 2013-03-31 Name: Rich
Location: Maplewood, NJ

"I'll Take Another 17.5 Years"
Our Utica boiler cracked after 17.5 years in service. Had it serviced every fall and it worked fine throughout. Just installed another. This one will out-live me.

Date created: 2012-12-29 Name: OneOpalAngel
Location: nj

"No...just NO"
Bought one of their units only two years before...heat goes out...come to find out that they sent us a defective unit...THERE Was a hole in it!! Dripping fluids for gawd knows how long...ughh...finally completely rusted on the inside...pilot extinguished...mid December...no heat. Lay out about 2200 fora new one because it would have taken 3 weeks and a huge headache to get a replacement part...not to mention the cost of installation...$600. During all this I contacted Utica...yeah...and nothing for two weeks. We get a call from their legal team...yeah..huh??...advising us that the policy is only to reimburse $400...the cost of the part...REALLY...UHM...NO...JUST No. They sold a defective unit....putting my family in the cold...and possibly in danger...and then have the nerve to sic their legal team on me. Yeah..huh?...i think not...i called a lawyer. This has to stop. Consumers are tired of being taken advantage of by companies like this sideshow, and quite frankly..it's disgusting. Do not invest in any of their units...seriously.

Date created: 2012-12-12 Name: Robert
Location: Morrisville, PA

"Don't buy a Utica boiler!"
Don’t buy a Utica boiler! I bought a high end, 90% efficiency cast aluminum Utica ub90-150 boiler. Installed in September 2010. Soon we discovered an internal gas leak, promptly fixed by installer, but very dangerous and should never happen. 2 years later, the main cast aluminum heat exchange unit developed a water leak right in the middle of the main casting. (not at a fitting). Again, should never happen. Parent company, ecr International, has a strict policy to do only the bare minimum required by the warranty, (some parts, no labor). Ecr supplied a new casting and some gaskets, which will require two technicians from my local service company 8 hours each to completely disassemble & reassemble my boiler ($800, my expense). Amazingly, I had two different representatives of ecr customer service each tell me “this happens all the time”.

Date created: 2012-10-08 Name: Mark M
Location: Syracuse, NY

"UB95M-200 is a poorly designed and poorly supported product."
Spent the big $s 4 years ago to buy their top of the line 95% efficient gas boiler. Now the Printed Circuit Board in the control module needs to be replaced, apparently due to their faulty design and/or manufacture. I'm basically held hostage by their complete lack of support for their product. Not to mention that its taking 2 days to get here, although I'm 1 hour from Utica. That's what I get for buying a locally made product, that's "made in the usa"....

Date created: 2012-07-22 Name: doyle maloni
Location: Springfield, MA

"Great piece of machinery"
Bought ub 90 - 200 unit actually 150,000 btus 4 years ago had it professionally installed, by someone I knew and trusted.have not had one problem with it from what I've been told most people have problems because the installer takes short cuts or uses cheap parts. Also have a direct water heater installed on it. People: try servicing the unit like it's supposed to be and it will operate correctly.

Date created: 2012-02-29 Name: Diane Paul
Location: Cohoes, NY

"UB90-100 Series"
This is the worst product and company to ever Dealt with. They want us to pay $1,500.00 to ship there defected product back to them to examine when we have a 15 year warranty. They should be coming to us and taking care of this product. I'm telling everyone whose thinking about dealing with this company don't they are very Rude and Do Not care about you they just want to make more money off of you. They don't Honor there Warranty!! I am taking every action I can against them!!!