Consumer Reviews of Utica boilers

Read more about Utica boilers

• MGB (8 reviews)

Date created: 2012-07-22 Name: doyle maloni
Location: springfield,ma

"Great piece of machinery"
Bought ub 90 - 200 unit actually 150,000 btus 4 years ago had it professionally installed, by someone I knew and trusted.have not had one problem with it from what ive been told most people have problems because the installer takes short cuts or uses cheap parts. also have a direct water heater installed on it. People: try servicing the unit like it's supposed to be and it will operate correctly.

Date created: 2012-02-29 Name: Diane Paul
Location: Cohoes, NY

"UB90-100 Series"
This is the worst product and company to ever Dealt with. They want us to pay $1,500.00 to ship there defected product back to them to examine when we have a 15 year warranty. They should be coming to us and taking care of this product. I'm telling everyone whose thinking about dealing with this company don't they are very Rude and Do Not care about you they just want to make more money off of you. They don't Honor there Warranty!! I am taking every action I can against them!!!

Date created: 2012-02-19 Name: Lewis Corno
Location: Westfield ,N.J.

"Steam Boiler"
This is the 2nd Utica boiler I had to replace in 20 years. It is leaking into the firebox where the burners are. This is the exact same problem as the 1st one I replaced. Needless to say I will not be replacing with another Utica boiler. I have tried to contact Utica with a E-mail and also faxed them a copy of the e-mail but have never received a reply. Very disappointed!

Date created: 2012-02-14 Name: Ron Dorfberger
Location: hampton bays

"Bad boilers"
Need new boiler after 7 years. Awful customer service -- my neighbor's lasted 2 years. Garbage. Junk.

Date created: 2012-01-03 Name: S Daley
Location: Chelmsford ma

"Bad company"
This is the third boiler in 8 years each one has failed within 2 years. It was under warranty but the labor has been $1000.00 each time it has been replaced. Now we have another lemon and Utica does not want to stand by it. Do not by a utica boiler. They are junk. Stay away from anything by Utica.

Date created: 2011-11-16 Name: d papa
Location: new york

"Bad Boiler"
Had this unit less than 2 years and the cast iron unit cracked. Like everyone else we had to pay all labor costs. Luckily didn't lose our heat. If this country wants everyone to buy in the USA they need to make better products!! Wish we had gone with the German made boiler.

Date created: 2011-09-12 Name: R. Craig
Location: Danvers, MA

"Problems with Aluminum Boiler Blocks"
The system is very efficient, however, after 3 years the block began to leak. Utica provided a new block, but would not pay any &#9824;labor costs. After 2 years the second block began to leak, same scenario. Our plumber heard rumors that Utica had a problems with the aluminum blocks on this particular model, and reading other reviews it appears to be the case. The third block has totally different markings indicating a different manufacturer-we shall see. The original distributor no longer handles Utica boilers, but went to bat for our plumber, but commented how bad their customer service is. I will never purchase another Utica product or recommend them to anyone.

Date created: 2011-08-10 Name: John Anderson
Location: Flinton, Pa

"Be careful of hard water"
Bought a house five years ago with a now 12 year old Utica boiler. Have had many problems, but found that some of them were made worse by the extremely hard water in our area. Added a new Culligan water softener and it helped somewhat. Utica seems to be of poorer quality and I am replacing.

Date created: 2011-03-29 Name: J Perez
Location: Springfield, NJ

"Yet to go a season without a problem"
In less than 4 years, I had to replace the ignitor (twice), the circuit board, the pressure switch and now (hot off the presses) the burner...This unit is terrible - If I hadn't (over)paid so much for it, I'd take a sledge-hammer to it and replace it with a real brand.

Date created: 2011-03-10 Name: r. travis
Location: BROADALBIN, NY

"BUY ANOTHER BRAND"
MODEL#UB90-175LP Five years with a new house, five years with a new furnace that is JUNK. The concept of a multiple firing furnace is great but the product and the company are not sufficient for the concept to be implemented. Over 5 years we have had a technician here no less than 20 times, no heat, no hot water, concern when on vacation that it won't come on leaving frozen pipes. A company that does not service the product. Spend the extra money and buy a Buderus or specificy it when you buy your house.