Consumer Reviews of Utica boilers

Read more about Utica boilers

• MGB (9 reviews)

Date created: 2014-11-17 Name: Gary
Location: WI

"10 years and still going strong"
I replaced a 20-plus-year-old Burnham boiler with a Utica and have had zero issues. The unit has had zero maintenance. Itís used to heat one side of a duplex. Itís time to replace the other side that is running a 30-year-old Burnham. I will most likely use a Utica, as I cant find any Burnham units.

Date created: 2014-01-04 Name: T DesLaurier
Location: Saint Paul, MN

"It's not the boiler, it's the customer service"
The boiler is working. The fan unit needs replacement. Sounds simple enough, but it has been over a month and still no part. Lots of promises and refunded expedited shipping fees, but still no part. It has been extremely cold in Minnesota since Thanksgiving and I have been without heat, being promised that the part would be here "next week". It is now after New Year's and it still is not here. Obviously a less than stellar company with terrible customer service. I strongly encourage you to go with a different company ---- there are much better ones out there. You don't want to wait until it is 25 below zero to find that out.

Date created: 2013-11-24 Name: D. Charpentier
Location: Meriden,Ct

"Dan C Meriden, Connecticut"
This was the best investment I have done to my home. I used to spend $5000-$7500 a year to heat my home and hot water. Last year, I spent only a little less than $1500 for the same amount of time. Another good thing is, it is so quiet you do not even know it is running. Anyone looking for a good unit go with this SSC model if you have room to hang it. I love it.

Date created: 2013-11-10 Name: T. Thomas
Location: Long Island, NY

"Boiler Leaks"
Bought a UTICA UB95M-200 in 2004. In 2006, first boiler was replaced, chamber leaked (bad casting). Utica shipped new boiler, labor we had to pay. In 2008, same problem again, basement flooded. Leaked in same location of boiler. Utica again shipped a new boiler after fighting for weeks. Now 2013, same leak again!! Took pictures, contacted Utica about boiler. Now, 5 years old and failed! Utica claims is the water condition, will not replace unit. Plumber used (boiler sealant) good for now. It's a small pinhole leak on right side of heat chamber - water sprays out. This boiler is garbage!!!

Date created: 2013-08-27 Name: scott stetser
Location: nj

"Quality Contractors"
I am a contractor in New Jersey checking reviews of different product reviews. Utica boilers are well-built and if installed correctly, last for years. Most, if not all problems listed in these negative reviews of all the products on the net are because of improper installation, tech as of proper water flow, proper PH of water, and installation of safety devices. Low water cut off, so instead of blaming the product, hire a contractor who knows what he is doing. Check friends and neighbors for positive results, not fancy adds and fake you out rebate that end up costing money by having an untrained hot shot from the local bigname. Stick it to you than blame the product because they cut corners. So before you down the product, read reviews and ignore the ones complaining about poor service from contractor and

Date created: 2013-05-09 Name: J. Buckley
Location: Manchester, CT

"Utica Boiler 41 Years Old"
This boiler was installed in 1972. Original boiler, I have owned it for ~38 years. No problem with the boiler itself. A few problems with gas valve, solenoid valves and a pump. No leaks. I'm in the process of getting quotes now to replace it. Still works fine, but I'm worried about it's age and I'd like better efficiency. But after reading some of these reviews, I'm wondering if I should!

Date created: 2013-03-31 Name: Rich
Location: Maplewood, NJ

"I'll Take Another 17.5 Years"
Our Utica boiler cracked after 17.5 years in service. Had it serviced every fall and it worked fine throughout. Just installed another. This one will out-live me.

Date created: 2012-12-29 Name: OneOpalAngel
Location: nj

"No...just NO"
Bought one of their units only two years before...heat goes out...come to find out that they sent us a defective unit...THERE Was a hole in it!! Dripping fluids for gawd knows how long...ughh...finally completely rusted on the inside...pilot extinguished...mid December...no heat. Lay out about 2200 fora new one because it would have taken 3 weeks and a huge headache to get a replacement part...not to mention the cost of installation...$600. During all this I contacted Utica...yeah...and nothing for two weeks. We get a call from their legal team...yeah..huh??...advising us that the policy is only to reimburse $400...the cost of the part...REALLY...UHM...NO...JUST No. They sold a defective unit....putting my family in the cold...and possibly in danger...and then have the nerve to sic their legal team on me. Yeah..huh?...i think not...i called a lawyer. This has to stop. Consumers are tired of being taken advantage of by companies like this sideshow, and quite frankly..it's disgusting. Do not invest in any of their units...seriously.

Date created: 2012-12-12 Name: Robert
Location: Morrisville, PA

"Don't buy a Utica boiler!"
Donít buy a Utica boiler! I bought a high end, 90% efficiency cast aluminum Utica ub90-150 boiler. Installed in September 2010. Soon we discovered an internal gas leak, promptly fixed by installer, but very dangerous and should never happen. 2 years later, the main cast aluminum heat exchange unit developed a water leak right in the middle of the main casting. (not at a fitting). Again, should never happen. Parent company, ecr International, has a strict policy to do only the bare minimum required by the warranty, (some parts, no labor). Ecr supplied a new casting and some gaskets, which will require two technicians from my local service company 8 hours each to completely disassemble & reassemble my boiler ($800, my expense). Amazingly, I had two different representatives of ecr customer service each tell me ďthis happens all the timeĒ.

Date created: 2012-10-08 Name: Mark M
Location: Syracuse, NY

"UB95M-200 is a poorly designed and poorly supported product."
Spent the big $s 4 years ago to buy their top of the line 95% efficient gas boiler. Now the Printed Circuit Board in the control module needs to be replaced, apparently due to their faulty design and/or manufacture. I'm basically held hostage by their complete lack of support for their product. Not to mention that its taking 2 days to get here, although I'm 1 hour from Utica. That's what I get for buying a locally made product, that's "made in the usa"....