Consumer Reviews of Utica boilers

Read more about Utica boilers

Date created: 2012-12-29 Name: OneOpalAngel
Location: nj

"No...just NO"
Bought one of their units only two years before...heat goes out...come to find out that they sent us a defective unit...THERE Was a hole in it!! Dripping fluids for gawd knows how long...ughh...finally completely rusted on the inside...pilot extinguished...mid December...no heat. Lay out about 2200 fora new one because it would have taken 3 weeks and a huge headache to get a replacement part...not to mention the cost of installation...$600. During all this I contacted Utica...yeah...and nothing for two weeks. We get a call from their legal team...yeah..huh??...advising us that the policy is only to reimburse $400...the cost of the part...REALLY...UHM...NO...JUST No. They sold a defective unit....putting my family in the cold...and possibly in danger...and then have the nerve to sic their legal team on me. Yeah..huh?...i think not...i called a lawyer. This has to stop. Consumers are tired of being taken advantage of by companies like this sideshow, and quite frankly..it's disgusting. Do not invest in any of their units...seriously.

Date created: 2012-12-12 Name: Robert
Location: Morrisville, PA

"Don't buy a Utica boiler!"
Don’t buy a Utica boiler! I bought a high end, 90% efficiency cast aluminum Utica ub90-150 boiler. Installed in September 2010. Soon we discovered an internal gas leak, promptly fixed by installer, but very dangerous and should never happen. 2 years later, the main cast aluminum heat exchange unit developed a water leak right in the middle of the main casting. (not at a fitting). Again, should never happen. Parent company, ecr International, has a strict policy to do only the bare minimum required by the warranty, (some parts, no labor). Ecr supplied a new casting and some gaskets, which will require two technicians from my local service company 8 hours each to completely disassemble & reassemble my boiler ($800, my expense). Amazingly, I had two different representatives of ecr customer service each tell me “this happens all the time”.

Date created: 2012-10-08 Name: Mark M
Location: Syracuse, NY

"UB95M-200 is a poorly designed and poorly supported product."
Spent the big $s 4 years ago to buy their top of the line 95% efficient gas boiler. Now the Printed Circuit Board in the control module needs to be replaced, apparently due to their faulty design and/or manufacture. I'm basically held hostage by their complete lack of support for their product. Not to mention that its taking 2 days to get here, although I'm 1 hour from Utica. That's what I get for buying a locally made product, that's "made in the usa"....

Date created: 2012-07-22 Name: doyle maloni
Location: springfield,ma

"Great piece of machinery"
Bought ub 90 - 200 unit actually 150,000 btus 4 years ago had it professionally installed, by someone I knew and trusted.have not had one problem with it from what ive been told most people have problems because the installer takes short cuts or uses cheap parts. also have a direct water heater installed on it. People: try servicing the unit like it's supposed to be and it will operate correctly.

Date created: 2012-02-29 Name: Diane Paul
Location: Cohoes, NY

"UB90-100 Series"
This is the worst product and company to ever Dealt with. They want us to pay $1,500.00 to ship there defected product back to them to examine when we have a 15 year warranty. They should be coming to us and taking care of this product. I'm telling everyone whose thinking about dealing with this company don't they are very Rude and Do Not care about you they just want to make more money off of you. They don't Honor there Warranty!! I am taking every action I can against them!!!

Date created: 2012-02-19 Name: Lewis Corno
Location: Westfield ,N.J.

"Steam Boiler"
This is the 2nd Utica boiler I had to replace in 20 years. It is leaking into the firebox where the burners are. This is the exact same problem as the 1st one I replaced. Needless to say I will not be replacing with another Utica boiler. I have tried to contact Utica with a E-mail and also faxed them a copy of the e-mail but have never received a reply. Very disappointed!

Date created: 2012-02-14 Name: Ron Dorfberger
Location: hampton bays

"Bad boilers"
Need new boiler after 7 years. Awful customer service -- my neighbor's lasted 2 years. Garbage. Junk.

Date created: 2012-01-03 Name: S Daley
Location: Chelmsford ma

"Bad company"
This is the third boiler in 8 years each one has failed within 2 years. It was under warranty but the labor has been $1000.00 each time it has been replaced. Now we have another lemon and Utica does not want to stand by it. Do not by a utica boiler. They are junk. Stay away from anything by Utica.

Date created: 2011-11-16 Name: d papa
Location: new york

"Bad Boiler"
Had this unit less than 2 years and the cast iron unit cracked. Like everyone else we had to pay all labor costs. Luckily didn't lose our heat. If this country wants everyone to buy in the USA they need to make better products!! Wish we had gone with the German made boiler.

Date created: 2011-09-12 Name: R. Craig
Location: Danvers, MA

"Problems with Aluminum Boiler Blocks"
The system is very efficient, however, after 3 years the block began to leak. Utica provided a new block, but would not pay any &#9824;labor costs. After 2 years the second block began to leak, same scenario. Our plumber heard rumors that Utica had a problems with the aluminum blocks on this particular model, and reading other reviews it appears to be the case. The third block has totally different markings indicating a different manufacturer-we shall see. The original distributor no longer handles Utica boilers, but went to bat for our plumber, but commented how bad their customer service is. I will never purchase another Utica product or recommend them to anyone.