Consumer Reviews of Utica boilers

Read more about Utica boilers

• MGB (10 reviews)

Date created: 2016-01-11 Name: L Falvey
Location: Barnegat, NJ

"Flawless operation since installed over 10 years ago"
Was converting to gas and researching boilers. My brother-in-law owns many properties and suggested the Utica. It is a little noisy but other than that it has run flawlessly for over ten years. I would purchase another one without a second thought.

Date created: 2015-12-29 Name: J Lobo
Location: Southampton, NY

"Do not buy any Utica high efficiency condensing boiler"
This product is not reliable. The aluminum cask cracked and flooded the house a few months after installation. My house suffered a great deal of water damage---Utica said that a faulty robot welded the cask improperly (hello, quality control department?). A new boiler had to be installed. I had no heat or hot water for six days. The new boiler has broken no less than 7 times every year since it was installed in 2011. In fact, now I write down every date it fails. I have had to have service men come on average every 5 weeks for the past few months. Furnace broke on September 9, 2015. Furnace broke October 6, 2015. Furnace broke October 11, 2015. Furnace broke December 21, 2015. If you buy one of these make certain you have a very large service budget ($2500-$3000/ per year). Also, make certain you do not mind living in a cold house 20-25 days a year. J Lobo, December 29, 2015.

Date created: 2015-12-11 Location: Raleigh, NC

"Our Wall Boiler"
Our wall boiler is a recent purchase and I mean a year old boiler. It is a small unit that is perfect for a one bedroom townhouse. This Utica unit is a gas-fired boiler and provides us with hot water at any time. Highly efficient and has a low voltage. My husband and I are very satisfied with our unit and it fits perfectly in a small closet down the hall.

Date created: 2015-11-06 Name: Bobby K.
Location: Collinsville, CT

"Old school oil-fired hot water boiler."
Maintained annually. 18 years of trouble-free operation. Leaky section, free core replacement, no questions asked. Replaced original Beckett with a Carlin EZ-1. Re-assembled - reinstalled. Added an indirect hot water maker and some new priority zone controls. Yes I am very happy with my choice of a Utica boiler!

Date created: 2015-02-20 Location: Philadelphia, PA

"Pilot Light Issues, but Great Heat!"
This boiler came with our house when we purchased it. I have never had another boiler before, so I don't have anything to compare it to. I moved into this home 4 years ago. When we moved in, we used a split level heater unit to heat the downstairs, and put space heaters in all the rooms upstairs. We didn't know that the radiators throughout the home were working, we thought they were just there. When we had a carpenter come out to do work on our home, we asked him to remove the radiators because they were taking up too much space. He said - no! that is good heat! He said the pilot light just needed to be lit in our boiler. I said we would pay him, but he couldn't figure out how to light it. He recommended an HVAC guy (my husband couldn't figure out how to light it either). The HVAC guy said he couldn't do it without a manual either. One day, when we left the split level heat off, the Utica just started up! The pilot light had been on all along, it just wasn't triggered by the thermostat. The heat provided by this thing is great. Haven't gotten a bill yet, so I don't know what that will be like. So, in short, hope your pilot light doesn't go out and you will have great heat! Quiet, steady and even temperature all over the house.

Date created: 2015-02-06 Name: D Helland
Location: Harsens Island, MI

"Very noisy boiler"
The unit is very loud. It sounds like a jet plane in the house. It also produces a vibration that is transmitted throughout the baseboard heating system.

Date created: 2015-01-10 Name: Bob
Location: Greenlawn, NY

"16 years and working fine"
A Utica boiler was installed before we moved into our house. I clean it once a year and replace the filter nozzle and strainer twice a year. So far I replaced the expansion tank and circulator. Everyone has to keep in mind that the two items I replaced have nothing to do with the maker of the boiler. Everything that is bolted on to the boiler is made by another company. That goes for just about ever boiler you buy. I find it very efficient, and it gives us plenty of hot water. It will be replaced by another when it goes.

Date created: 2014-11-17 Name: Gary
Location: WI

"10 years and still going strong"
I replaced a 20-plus-year-old Burnham boiler with a Utica and have had zero issues. The unit has had zero maintenance. Itís used to heat one side of a duplex. Itís time to replace the other side that is running a 30-year-old Burnham. I will most likely use a Utica, as I cant find any Burnham units.

Date created: 2014-03-21 Name: Fred foster
Location: Boston, MA

"Very unsatified"
In Less than 2 year old boiler, the boiler gaskets fail leaving me cold and no hot water for 5 days.

Date created: 2014-01-04 Name: T DesLaurier
Location: Saint Paul, MN

"It's not the boiler, it's the customer service"
The boiler is working. The fan unit needs replacement. Sounds simple enough, but it has been over a month and still no part. Lots of promises and refunded expedited shipping fees, but still no part. It has been extremely cold in Minnesota since Thanksgiving and I have been without heat, being promised that the part would be here "next week". It is now after New Year's and it still is not here. Obviously a less than stellar company with terrible customer service. I strongly encourage you to go with a different company ---- there are much better ones out there. You don't want to wait until it is 25 below zero to find that out.