Consumer Reviews of Utica boilers

Read more about Utica boilers

• MGB (10 reviews)

Date created: 2015-11-06 Name: Bobby K.
Location: Collinsville, CT

"Old school oil-fired hot water boiler."
Maintained annually. 18 years of trouble-free operation. Leaky section, free core replacement, no questions asked. Replaced original Beckett with a Carlin EZ-1. Re-assembled - reinstalled. Added an indirect hot water maker and some new priority zone controls. Yes I am very happy with my choice of a Utica boiler!

Date created: 2015-02-20 Location: Philadelphia, PA

"Pilot Light Issues, but Great Heat!"
This boiler came with our house when we purchased it. I have never had another boiler before, so I don't have anything to compare it to. I moved into this home 4 years ago. When we moved in, we used a split level heater unit to heat the downstairs, and put space heaters in all the rooms upstairs. We didn't know that the radiators throughout the home were working, we thought they were just there. When we had a carpenter come out to do work on our home, we asked him to remove the radiators because they were taking up too much space. He said - no! that is good heat! He said the pilot light just needed to be lit in our boiler. I said we would pay him, but he couldn't figure out how to light it. He recommended an HVAC guy (my husband couldn't figure out how to light it either). The HVAC guy said he couldn't do it without a manual either. One day, when we left the split level heat off, the Utica just started up! The pilot light had been on all along, it just wasn't triggered by the thermostat. The heat provided by this thing is great. Haven't gotten a bill yet, so I don't know what that will be like. So, in short, hope your pilot light doesn't go out and you will have great heat! Quiet, steady and even temperature all over the house.

Date created: 2015-02-06 Name: D Helland
Location: Harsens Island, MI

"Very noisy boiler"
The unit is very loud. It sounds like a jet plane in the house. It also produces a vibration that is transmitted throughout the baseboard heating system.

Date created: 2015-01-10 Name: Bob
Location: Greenlawn, NY

"16 years and working fine"
A Utica boiler was installed before we moved into our house. I clean it once a year and replace the filter nozzle and strainer twice a year. So far I replaced the expansion tank and circulator. Everyone has to keep in mind that the two items I replaced have nothing to do with the maker of the boiler. Everything that is bolted on to the boiler is made by another company. That goes for just about ever boiler you buy. I find it very efficient, and it gives us plenty of hot water. It will be replaced by another when it goes.

Date created: 2014-11-17 Name: Gary
Location: WI

"10 years and still going strong"
I replaced a 20-plus-year-old Burnham boiler with a Utica and have had zero issues. The unit has had zero maintenance. Itís used to heat one side of a duplex. Itís time to replace the other side that is running a 30-year-old Burnham. I will most likely use a Utica, as I cant find any Burnham units.

Date created: 2014-01-04 Name: T DesLaurier
Location: Saint Paul, MN

"It's not the boiler, it's the customer service"
The boiler is working. The fan unit needs replacement. Sounds simple enough, but it has been over a month and still no part. Lots of promises and refunded expedited shipping fees, but still no part. It has been extremely cold in Minnesota since Thanksgiving and I have been without heat, being promised that the part would be here "next week". It is now after New Year's and it still is not here. Obviously a less than stellar company with terrible customer service. I strongly encourage you to go with a different company ---- there are much better ones out there. You don't want to wait until it is 25 below zero to find that out.

Date created: 2013-11-24 Name: D. Charpentier
Location: Meriden,Ct

"Dan C Meriden, Connecticut"
This was the best investment I have done to my home. I used to spend $5000-$7500 a year to heat my home and hot water. Last year, I spent only a little less than $1500 for the same amount of time. Another good thing is, it is so quiet you do not even know it is running. Anyone looking for a good unit go with this SSC model if you have room to hang it. I love it.

Date created: 2013-11-10 Name: T. Thomas
Location: Long Island, NY

"Boiler Leaks"
Bought a UTICA UB95M-200 in 2004. In 2006, first boiler was replaced, chamber leaked (bad casting). Utica shipped new boiler, labor we had to pay. In 2008, same problem again, basement flooded. Leaked in same location of boiler. Utica again shipped a new boiler after fighting for weeks. Now 2013, same leak again!! Took pictures, contacted Utica about boiler. Now, 5 years old and failed! Utica claims is the water condition, will not replace unit. Plumber used (boiler sealant) good for now. It's a small pinhole leak on right side of heat chamber - water sprays out. This boiler is garbage!!!

Date created: 2013-08-27 Name: scott stetser
Location: nj

"Quality Contractors"
I am a contractor in New Jersey checking reviews of different product reviews. Utica boilers are well-built and if installed correctly, last for years. Most, if not all problems listed in these negative reviews of all the products on the net are because of improper installation, tech as of proper water flow, proper PH of water, and installation of safety devices. Low water cut off, so instead of blaming the product, hire a contractor who knows what he is doing. Check friends and neighbors for positive results, not fancy adds and fake you out rebate that end up costing money by having an untrained hot shot from the local bigname. Stick it to you than blame the product because they cut corners. So before you down the product, read reviews and ignore the ones complaining about poor service from contractor and

Date created: 2013-05-09 Name: J. Buckley
Location: Manchester, CT

"Utica Boiler 41 Years Old"
This boiler was installed in 1972. Original boiler, I have owned it for ~38 years. No problem with the boiler itself. A few problems with gas valve, solenoid valves and a pump. No leaks. I'm in the process of getting quotes now to replace it. Still works fine, but I'm worried about it's age and I'd like better efficiency. But after reading some of these reviews, I'm wondering if I should!