Consumer Reviews of Utica boilers

Read more about Utica boilers

• MGB (10 reviews)

Date created: 2016-12-31 Name: ANDY S.
Location: New Hartford, NY

"UB90-150 BOILER"
Installed UB90-150 in 2009. Have had issues from day one with failing to heat. Have replaced 2 IBC (computer control module) units, multiple regulator valves, 2 ignitors. Unit is not dependable and cannot leave home in winter for fear of pipes freezing. This model has had many issues from reading online to include the heat exchange failing due to poor manufacturing process and quality control (welds crack and leak). I sit here at 3:51 am writing this review as the ignitor has failed again. Have electric space heaters throughout the home until our hvac tech can show up this morning w/ replacement ignitor. From my research, it is clear that the ub90 model is pos, either from poor design and/or inferior parts and/or inferior manufacturing processes and quality control. I will call Utica Boiler and discuss options for costs incurred or unit replacement. Others have not had good luck w/ getting UB to back this model w/ warranty protection. Need to replace w/ more dependable model. Email me at caskab@ roadrunner.com if you have had issues too. Maybe we can get nys ag involved and or class action lawsuit against ub.

Date created: 2016-12-19 Name: A. Hammer

"utica boiler"
I bought a small new high efficiency Utica boiler and it's only caused us grief. It shuts off constantly and the computer panel reads different problems each time. When I called in a traditional plumber he has little experience with the new machines. I am helpless and living in the cold! This has been frustrating to no end! Please stay away from the new Utica boilers and be spared the grief I've been having!

Date created: 2016-12-03 Name: p bren
Location: Collegeville, PA

"Noisy"
Had a boiler for 58 yrs made in pottstown, PA. Replaced it with a Utica uh30kw0 (?). It sounds like an explosion when it comes on. I get an adrenalin rush -- ridiculous. Why is this boiler not online anywhere?

Date created: 2016-10-26 Name: pete
Location: Geneva, NY

"Lots of expensive repairs needed!"
Installed a new UB90-125 in October of 2010. As of October 2016, I have replaced the vent fan ($600), the igniter ($250), and the integrated boiler control ($350). Stupid money to spend on a newish piece of equipment. When it runs, it runs great. As a 90% efficient boiler, at the rate I'm spending money on repairs, any cost savings realized by the efficiency is being negated by the cost of repairs. Performs great but at then end of the day it is an expensive piece of junk.

Date created: 2016-03-12 Name: Eric Finver
Location: Fair Lawn, NJ

"Horrible"
I had 2 of these combination hot water and heater units installed in my home about 10 months ago and have had nothing but trouble. I have had a number of cold weather days where one unit or another shut down. I've woken up to 50 degree temperature in the house and have come home to the same. These units were sold as worry free, on demand heat and hot water and I've never been more sorry. Eric Finver Fair Lawn, NJ

Date created: 2016-01-20 Name: MEHREEN SUBICCA KHAN
Location: Newark, NJ

"Bad choice - I regret buying."
I bought this boiler this summer but in winter realized how bad of the boiler is. It shut off automatically. I wake up in the morning, no heat. Reset has only one button to press, that doesn't make sense, it's not easy to reset. If you call a contractor to fix it, not many plumbers or contractors know this boiler, very few of them. They charge $200 to come and fix it but even then the issue remains the same. Called a tech, not very helpful. I am stuck with this boiler now.

Date created: 2016-01-16 Name: Terry
Location: Warminster, PA

"Don't waste your money"
Boiler was installed around 2004-2005. Now it has to be replaced altogether. Boiler cracked and was leaking, it needs to be replaced because it's the middle of winter. Spent all that money 10 years ago and it has to be replaced. Piece of junk.

Date created: 2016-01-11 Name: L Falvey
Location: Barnegat, NJ

"Flawless operation since installed over 10 years ago"
Was converting to gas and researching boilers. My brother-in-law owns many properties and suggested the Utica. It is a little noisy but other than that it has run flawlessly for over ten years. I would purchase another one without a second thought.

Date created: 2015-12-29 Name: J Lobo
Location: Southampton, NY

"Do not buy any Utica high efficiency condensing boiler"
This product is not reliable. The aluminum cask cracked and flooded the house a few months after installation. My house suffered a great deal of water damage---Utica said that a faulty robot welded the cask improperly (hello, quality control department?). A new boiler had to be installed. I had no heat or hot water for six days. The new boiler has broken no less than 7 times every year since it was installed in 2011. In fact, now I write down every date it fails. I have had to have service men come on average every 5 weeks for the past few months. Furnace broke on September 9, 2015. Furnace broke October 6, 2015. Furnace broke October 11, 2015. Furnace broke December 21, 2015. If you buy one of these make certain you have a very large service budget ($2500-$3000/ per year). Also, make certain you do not mind living in a cold house 20-25 days a year. J Lobo, December 29, 2015.

Date created: 2015-12-11 Location: Raleigh, NC

"Our Wall Boiler"
Our wall boiler is a recent purchase and I mean a year old boiler. It is a small unit that is perfect for a one bedroom townhouse. This Utica unit is a gas-fired boiler and provides us with hot water at any time. Highly efficient and has a low voltage. My husband and I are very satisfied with our unit and it fits perfectly in a small closet down the hall.