Consumer Reviews of Utica boilers

Read more about Utica boilers

• MGB (10 reviews)

Date created: 2016-10-26 Name: pete
Location: Geneva, NY

"Lots of expensive repairs needed!"
Installed a new UB90-125 in October of 2010. As of October 2016, I have replaced the vent fan ($600), the igniter ($250), and the integrated boiler control ($350). Stupid money to spend on a newish piece of equipment. When it runs, it runs great. As a 90% efficient boiler, at the rate I'm spending money on repairs, any cost savings realized by the efficiency is being negated by the cost of repairs. Performs great but at then end of the day it is an expensive piece of junk.

Date created: 2016-03-12 Name: Eric Finver
Location: Fair Lawn, NJ

"Horrible"
I had 2 of these combination hot water and heater units installed in my home about 10 months ago and have had nothing but trouble. I have had a number of cold weather days where one unit or another shut down. I've woken up to 50 degree temperature in the house and have come home to the same. These units were sold as worry free, on demand heat and hot water and I've never been more sorry. Eric Finver Fair Lawn, NJ

Date created: 2016-01-20 Name: MEHREEN SUBICCA KHAN
Location: Newark, NJ

"Bad choice - I regret buying."
I bought this boiler this summer but in winter realized how bad of the boiler is. It shut off automatically. I wake up in the morning, no heat. Reset has only one button to press, that doesn't make sense, it's not easy to reset. If you call a contractor to fix it, not many plumbers or contractors know this boiler, very few of them. They charge $200 to come and fix it but even then the issue remains the same. Called a tech, not very helpful. I am stuck with this boiler now.

Date created: 2016-01-16 Name: Terry
Location: Warminster, PA

"Don't waste your money"
Boiler was installed around 2004-2005. Now it has to be replaced altogether. Boiler cracked and was leaking, it needs to be replaced because it's the middle of winter. Spent all that money 10 years ago and it has to be replaced. Piece of junk.

Date created: 2016-01-11 Name: L Falvey
Location: Barnegat, NJ

"Flawless operation since installed over 10 years ago"
Was converting to gas and researching boilers. My brother-in-law owns many properties and suggested the Utica. It is a little noisy but other than that it has run flawlessly for over ten years. I would purchase another one without a second thought.

Date created: 2015-12-29 Name: J Lobo
Location: Southampton, NY

"Do not buy any Utica high efficiency condensing boiler"
This product is not reliable. The aluminum cask cracked and flooded the house a few months after installation. My house suffered a great deal of water damage---Utica said that a faulty robot welded the cask improperly (hello, quality control department?). A new boiler had to be installed. I had no heat or hot water for six days. The new boiler has broken no less than 7 times every year since it was installed in 2011. In fact, now I write down every date it fails. I have had to have service men come on average every 5 weeks for the past few months. Furnace broke on September 9, 2015. Furnace broke October 6, 2015. Furnace broke October 11, 2015. Furnace broke December 21, 2015. If you buy one of these make certain you have a very large service budget ($2500-$3000/ per year). Also, make certain you do not mind living in a cold house 20-25 days a year. J Lobo, December 29, 2015.

Date created: 2015-12-11 Location: Raleigh, NC

"Our Wall Boiler"
Our wall boiler is a recent purchase and I mean a year old boiler. It is a small unit that is perfect for a one bedroom townhouse. This Utica unit is a gas-fired boiler and provides us with hot water at any time. Highly efficient and has a low voltage. My husband and I are very satisfied with our unit and it fits perfectly in a small closet down the hall.

Date created: 2015-11-06 Name: Bobby K.
Location: Collinsville, CT

"Old school oil-fired hot water boiler."
Maintained annually. 18 years of trouble-free operation. Leaky section, free core replacement, no questions asked. Replaced original Beckett with a Carlin EZ-1. Re-assembled - reinstalled. Added an indirect hot water maker and some new priority zone controls. Yes I am very happy with my choice of a Utica boiler!

Date created: 2015-02-20 Location: Philadelphia, PA

"Pilot Light Issues, but Great Heat!"
This boiler came with our house when we purchased it. I have never had another boiler before, so I don't have anything to compare it to. I moved into this home 4 years ago. When we moved in, we used a split level heater unit to heat the downstairs, and put space heaters in all the rooms upstairs. We didn't know that the radiators throughout the home were working, we thought they were just there. When we had a carpenter come out to do work on our home, we asked him to remove the radiators because they were taking up too much space. He said - no! that is good heat! He said the pilot light just needed to be lit in our boiler. I said we would pay him, but he couldn't figure out how to light it. He recommended an HVAC guy (my husband couldn't figure out how to light it either). The HVAC guy said he couldn't do it without a manual either. One day, when we left the split level heat off, the Utica just started up! The pilot light had been on all along, it just wasn't triggered by the thermostat. The heat provided by this thing is great. Haven't gotten a bill yet, so I don't know what that will be like. So, in short, hope your pilot light doesn't go out and you will have great heat! Quiet, steady and even temperature all over the house.

Date created: 2015-02-06 Name: D Helland
Location: Harsens Island, MI

"Very noisy boiler"
The unit is very loud. It sounds like a jet plane in the house. It also produces a vibration that is transmitted throughout the baseboard heating system.