Consumer Reviews of Utica boilers

Read more about Utica boilers

• MGB (10 reviews)

Date created: 2017-09-14 Name: greg ely
Location: Alexandria Bay, NY

"Not liking this right off the bat"
I just installed a chb100 Utica wall hung boiler. Control wires are a pain in the ass to get to. I still haven't figured out how to set the low temp cut in. The instructions on using by "holding this button for 5 seconds, then 10 secs or 2 secs is very very ridiculous. But the biggest grip is that there is no on /off switch. You have to hold one of the 2 reset switches for 5 secs. (Or was it 10 secs). I hope someday before I retire I get to see an appliance that is made for the people buying them. The engineering department her should be ashamed of themselves

Date created: 2017-03-27 Name: Vikramjit singh

"Worst boiler"
Expressing experience with your product. I have got model # CCB-150 mfg: “ECR international” installed in a town house back 2016 winter. Have been regretting since then! Worst boiler, problematic operation, poor reliability, manuals lack critical information. Poor customer relationship from Mfg representative! Since installed made numerous service calls to get this fixed. Don’t want to keep this boiler anymore- Ending up replacing with totally different type boiler. Issues I been facing. boiler shuts off suddenly have happened 15-18 times, infrequent hot water supply, poor temp control of hot water -burning hot water. This resulted in burns on my skin. I ended up using bucket to mix hot water with cold. Poor response to get hot water 6-8 minutes wait time, short exchanger life-Kettling of boiler in first 3 months. Other users please be wise before you choose this product. I will not recommend

Date created: 2017-03-15 Name: John Hart
Location: Chicopee, MA

"Utica Boiler is Junk"
Bought 2 Utica boilers model ubssc-200 in 2012 and have had nothing but problems with them. I've replaced the control module twice in each boiler ($400 each) the user interface kit twice ($600) the igniter ($60), the condensate trap kit ($100), and the light indicators 3 times on each boiler. These boilers are supposed to be cost efficient, however with the constant repairs needed, these end up being the most expensive boilers ever. I would like to sue Utica Boilers, if anyone has any information on how to go about this please let me know. Thank you, John

Date created: 2017-03-07 Name: Don Walters
Location: Newburyport, MA

"Boiler does not operate in cold weather"
I've has the boiler for 10 years and like some of you note it is noisy. However the real issue is when the temperature reaches below 30 degrees for several days the boiler does not start. The issue is the one pressure switch does not reset to open when the previous cycle ends. I've replaced the pressure switch as well as the Integrated Boiler Control and same issue. When it is warm there is o issue with the boiler. As a professional engineer I've learned over the last few years that I have had this problem that few HVAC people thoroughly understand logic and schematic diagrams. The fix is easy in my instance. I fist shut the power off and then disconnect the orange vinyl tubing on the inlet of the boiler ( right inside the cover and before the fan) and gently suck on the tube. I hear a click that indicates the pressure switch is now open. Then turn on the power again and the unit with start its sequence and fire. The issue is why is the pressure switch not opening the contact when the boiler runs through it's last purge cycle? At first I thought it was the density of air that could cause over- pressurization but the difference is about 10% which should not be enough to not cause it to open the contact. And by the way intake and exhaust lines clear and the condensate drain line is free. When it is cold the condensing boilers with work best because the temperature of the hot water returning from the baseboard radiators is cold thereby causing greater condensation. I am still awaiting Utica Boiler personnel to review.

Date created: 2016-12-31 Name: ANDY S.
Location: New Hartford, NY

"UB90-150 BOILER"
Installed ub90-150 in 2009. Have had issues from day one with failing to heat. Have replaced 2 ibc (computer control module) units, multiple regulator valves, 2 ignitors. Unit is not dependable and cannot leave home in winter for fear of pipes freezing. This model has had many issues from reading online to include the heat exchange failing due to poor manufacturing process and quality control (welds crack and leak). I sit here at 3:51 am writing this review as the ignitor has failed again. Have electric space heaters throughout the home until our hvac tech can show up this morning w/ replacement ignitor. From my research, it is clear that the ub90 model is pos, either from poor design and/or inferior parts and/or inferior manufacturing processes and quality control. I will call Utica Boiler and discuss options for costs incurred or unit replacement. Others have not had good luck w/ getting ub to back this model w/ warranty protection. Need to replace w/ more dependable model. Email me at caskab@ roadrunner.com if you have had issues too. Maybe we can get nys ag involved and or class action lawsuit against UB.

Date created: 2016-12-19 Name: A. Hammer

"Utica boiler"
I bought a small new high efficiency Utica boiler and it's only caused us grief. It shuts off constantly and the computer panel reads different problems each time. When I called in a traditional plumber he has little experience with the new machines. I am helpless and living in the cold! This has been frustrating to no end! Please stay away from the new Utica boilers and be spared the grief I've been having!

Date created: 2016-12-03 Name: p bren
Location: Collegeville, PA

"Noisy"
Had a boiler for 58 yrs made in pottstown, PA. Replaced it with a Utica uh30kw0 (?). It sounds like an explosion when it comes on. I get an adrenalin rush -- ridiculous. Why is this boiler not online anywhere?

Date created: 2016-10-26 Name: pete
Location: Geneva, NY

"Lots of expensive repairs needed!"
Installed a new UB90-125 in October of 2010. As of October 2016, I have replaced the vent fan ($600), the igniter ($250), and the integrated boiler control ($350). Stupid money to spend on a newish piece of equipment. When it runs, it runs great. As a 90% efficient boiler, at the rate I'm spending money on repairs, any cost savings realized by the efficiency is being negated by the cost of repairs. Performs great but at then end of the day it is an expensive piece of junk.

Date created: 2016-03-12 Name: Eric Finver
Location: Fair Lawn, NJ

"Horrible"
I had 2 of these combination hot water and heater units installed in my home about 10 months ago and have had nothing but trouble. I have had a number of cold weather days where one unit or another shut down. I've woken up to 50 degree temperature in the house and have come home to the same. These units were sold as worry free, on demand heat and hot water and I've never been more sorry. Eric Finver Fair Lawn, NJ

Date created: 2016-01-20 Name: MEHREEN SUBICCA KHAN
Location: Newark, NJ

"Bad choice - I regret buying."
I bought this boiler this summer but in winter realized how bad of the boiler is. It shut off automatically. I wake up in the morning, no heat. Reset has only one button to press, that doesn't make sense, it's not easy to reset. If you call a contractor to fix it, not many plumbers or contractors know this boiler, very few of them. They charge $200 to come and fix it but even then the issue remains the same. Called a tech, not very helpful. I am stuck with this boiler now.