Consumer Reviews of Triangle Tube boilers

Read more about Triangle Tube boilers

Date created: 2014-05-23 Name: Tim smith
Location: Seattle

"Re problems all having"
In general these boilers are quite reliable, the eo2 errors can be attributed to a poorly grounded circuit, no annual maintenance and or sometimes one of the earlier version solo boilers had a weak ignition transformer in the mcba control. This sometimes is covered under warranty but must be verified by qualified mechanic and only covers part. This is discretionary by Triangle. The blower failures are a lot of the time caused by flue gas recirculating to combustion air pipe. Vent termination is critical to follow instructions. Sometimes we have seen blower failure just due to premature failure but not very often. All people with issues really need to find a local company who is well versed in service and install of high efficiency boilers. Make sure if they are not sure what they see is going on, they (service tech) need to call triangle tech support to go through proper testing and diagnosis of issue. Hope this helps some of you. Cheers

Date created: 2014-05-23 Name: Ripped off homeowner
Location: New York

"Beware of Triangle Tube"
Beware of Triangle Tube products. Their warranty is a scam. I had a Smart Tank, it started leaking after less than 5 years. The plumbing wholesaler/supplier wants to charge me $100 to handle the warranty. Triangles warranty states that claims will be handled at no added cost to the consumer. But Triangle will only process warranty claims through the wholesaler and they wash their hands of the matter. The companies try to coerce the plumber to "hide" the warranty fee into his labor cost to replace the unit. We are complaining to the State Attorney Generals office and the Federal Trade Commission about their fraudulent business practices. DO NOT BUY TRIANGLE PRODUCTS, OR IF YOU DO EXPECT THERE TO BE NO WARRANTY.

Date created: 2014-05-05 Name: Todd Weber
Location: Long Valley, NJ

"Homeowners Attention"
I am a plumber in Northern NJ and have installed several hundred of these personally! These are one of the best products on the market, not to say they don't have a problem here and there. If you are buying one don't buy it online because you don't know how it was handled before it got to you, these are not meant to be dropped or kicked by UPS drivers! Ask questions of your installer, ask your installer if he has been to school by Triangle Tube and does he recertify himself every two years? If he doesn't don't use him! I have been to class with guys from across the country. This is not a do it yourself type of project. Don't knock the product when you should be knocking your installer! I have problems with less than 5% of units I install.

Date created: 2014-04-11 Name: C. Comeau

"These things are killing me"
To start off with, I am a licensed plumbing and heating contractor. I have installed over 30 Triangle Tube boilers. People are saying installer error is most of the problem. Here's my experience. Had three bad Tanks in the prestige. 1. Bad weld from nipple to tank 2. Pinhole in tank? 3. Cracked nipple going into tank. (split on seam) Power switch on new trimax faulty. boiler just shut off Brand new. Bad domestic water Temp sensor Bad weld on internal circulator flange E2 errors on 4 Trimax boilers countless unpaid service calls. Ended up changing boards (fixed) Never mind all the times these locked out and I had to go reset because customers have no clue. I don't know if they got the challengers sorted out. Installed 3 challengers. all locked out on failure to ignite or fan speed issues. Change fans they said. Changed all fans still locking out. Rep came out and reprogrammed the computer. Two of three all set. Again after several Service calls unpaid I changed the whole computer out and so far so good. I worry that at any moment I am going to get a call from a customer. " My heats out again" "I want a new boiler" "I got a lemon" I want my customers to be happy. They are not and neither am I.

Date created: 2014-02-05 Name: Thomas
Location: Anchorage, Alaska

"$13000 Worth of junk"
I have had this boiler less than three years and my costs for repairs and service are $2000!! I have had weather at minus 10 and house would not heat past 68 degrees. I was told by installers that perhaps I should purchase some electric heaters to take up the slack. The Motherboard just went out and cost $900. I can not own this money pit..God...what have I gotten into and how do I get out of this???

Date created: 2014-01-16 Name: sheet metal artist
Location: Fort Collins CO

"Boiler design and set up is critical"
This is not a boiler that you can just hang on the wall and put power to. This is a precision piece of equipment that requires precision combustion analysis equipment to set it up properly. I've installed about ten in the last two years, new install and retro-fit applications and the only problem I've encountered was a propane set up issue with having to tune it slightly outside of the manufacturers specifications. That issue was remedied with help from the factory. No big deal. The natural gas installations have all been flawless. My advice, find a contractor that understands the water side of design as well as providing proper load calculations on the home. As with installation of furnaces, boilers, water heaters, or any appliance, the most important aspect of the equipment is proper install and set up. Any monkey can install something, but only a pro can make it truly a positive buying experience.

Date created: 2013-10-17 Name: P. Wallen
Location: Bellinghan, MA

"Don't Know Yet?"
To "Sprost" who wrote his review on June 27, 2013. We looked at the Triangle Tube to replace 3 boilers, but were told the Navien CH-210 would be a better choice??---We are still waiting for the unit (Triangle). If we had someone like you who knows what they are doing, we might have better luck. Do you want a job?

Date created: 2013-10-04 Name: K.Lindsay
Location: Ontario, Canada

"Nothing But Problems"
Installed this propane boiler for hot water and the in floor radiant heating in our new home (2008), and right from the first winter I have had nothing but problems with lock out after lock out. After 3 years, the main electronic board had to be replaced. $1,100.00, I have to hit the reset button every other day because of a lockout. Now, the boiler shuts down on low water pressure so I have to add water to the system to clear the lockout. I have to call a tech again. Not very happy!!!!

Date created: 2013-09-30 Name: Aaron H
Location: Big Lake, Alaska

We built our house 6.5 years ago. This boiler was the "best on the market". The bottom just rusted out. How can a manufacturer build such a poor unit. We have normal water so that could not be the issue and we do the required yearly maintenance. Now I know why they don't make this style of heater. Just wish that I would have known about the quality and warranty that came with this unit.

Date created: 2013-01-31 Name: Laurence Bates
Location: Lansing, Michigan

"Smart 40 Indirect Water Heater Junk"
I have the Triangle Tube Prestige Solo 175 boiler and a Triangle Tube Smart 40 Indirect fired water heater. The boiler needed the cut off valve replacing twice early on but has worked fine since then. The water heater however rusted out after less than two years. How can a stainless steel boiler rust out? In my case it appears that the inner boiler for the hot water is stainless but the outer jacket for the boiler water has a regular steel cap and that rusted through so badly that it cannot be repaired. I am really ticked off that Triangle Tube is passing this off as a stainless steel water heater when it appears to be anything but that.