Consumer Reviews of Triangle Tube boilers

Read more about Triangle Tube boilers

Date created: 2014-09-02 Name: Erik Chidester
Location: Belgeade, MT

"Triangle Tube is the most reliable condensing boiler I have installed."
In the last 20 years of installing and servicing boilers, I have found that the new Triangle Tube Prestige boiler and control is the easiest and most reliable. With their down fire and self-cleaning combustion chamber in most conditions is easy to service and maintain. I especially like the fact that most all of their units are wall mount. This allows for easy clean-up of the mechanical room floor and prevents damage to the unit when moisture is present. They continue to listen to their consumers on items that would improve their boiler. The wiring harness on the new Prestige is a huge improvement from earlier models. The LED interface is also a great feature for diagnostics and troubleshooting. Many times I can talk to the client/customer over the phone and know what needs to be addressed before I leave the shop. This is currently the boiler we install on 95% of projects and when we replace other cast iron boilers.

Date created: 2014-08-25 Name: Evangeline
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada

"RE: Triangle Tube"
It could fail easily if not installed properly. My advice: read the manual after it is installed. Make sure the venting is correct. A simple mistake can cause you a lot of money in repair and labour. Get a reliable contractor to install it.

Date created: 2014-08-13 Name: Brian Slovinski
Location: Wilkes-Barre,PA

"Triangle Tube"
I have installed several Triangle Tube boilers and water heaters as a heating contractor with great success. Keep in mind the knowledge and expertise of the installer is very important to the performance and reliability of this unit. A wall hung condensing boiler is not a "Do it yourself project". I have been installing these boilers since 2006 with no problems. When changing over from a cast iron chimney vented boiler the savings is in the 30 percent range. Triangle Tube in my opinion has the best heat exchanger in the industry and are whisper quiet. I also have been out to repair boilers that I did not install and can honestly say that most of the problems are due to installer error ( improper venting, incorrect piping, combustion not set up properly). If you are considering having this product installed I would call your local wholesaler and ask someone in sale to recommend a qualified installer.

Date created: 2014-06-29 Name: MN Homeowner
Location: Minneapolis, MN

"Triangle Tube Tribulations"
Owning a Triangle Tube boiler has been a nightmare. It was installed as part of a new home build five years ago and it has been nothing but a pain in the you know what ever since. We have to reset the boiler at least three times a week - usually in the morning as it has thrown an error overnight. So not hot shower before work. We have not been able to find a competent repair person that has even seen a tt boiler, let alone worked on one. The installer put it in and ran! My dream is to someday (soon) replace it with something reliable and trouble free.

Date created: 2014-06-03 Name: N. Rino
Location: Trenton, NJ

"Triangle Tube Prestige Boiler"
I had a Triangle Tube Boiler installed last winter and it has performed well. No issues and saving money on my heating bills.

Date created: 2014-05-23 Name: Tim smith
Location: Seattle

"Re problems all having"
In general these boilers are quite reliable, the eo2 errors can be attributed to a poorly grounded circuit, no annual maintenance and or sometimes one of the earlier version solo boilers had a weak ignition transformer in the mcba control. This sometimes is covered under warranty but must be verified by qualified mechanic and only covers part. This is discretionary by Triangle. The blower failures are a lot of the time caused by flue gas recirculating to combustion air pipe. Vent termination is critical to follow instructions. Sometimes we have seen blower failure just due to premature failure but not very often. All people with issues really need to find a local company who is well versed in service and install of high efficiency boilers. Make sure if they are not sure what they see is going on, they (service tech) need to call triangle tech support to go through proper testing and diagnosis of issue. Hope this helps some of you. Cheers

Date created: 2014-05-23 Name: Ripped off homeowner
Location: New York

"Beware of Triangle Tube"
Beware of Triangle Tube products. Their warranty is a scam. I had a Smart Tank, it started leaking after less than 5 years. The plumbing wholesaler/supplier wants to charge me $100 to handle the warranty. Triangles warranty states that claims will be handled at no added cost to the consumer. But Triangle will only process warranty claims through the wholesaler and they wash their hands of the matter. The companies try to coerce the plumber to "hide" the warranty fee into his labor cost to replace the unit. We are complaining to the State Attorney Generals office and the Federal Trade Commission about their fraudulent business practices. DO NOT BUY TRIANGLE PRODUCTS, OR IF YOU DO EXPECT THERE TO BE NO WARRANTY.

Date created: 2014-05-05 Name: Todd Weber
Location: Long Valley, NJ

"Homeowners Attention"
I am a plumber in Northern NJ and have installed several hundred of these personally! These are one of the best products on the market, not to say they don't have a problem here and there. If you are buying one don't buy it online because you don't know how it was handled before it got to you, these are not meant to be dropped or kicked by UPS drivers! Ask questions of your installer, ask your installer if he has been to school by Triangle Tube and does he recertify himself every two years? If he doesn't don't use him! I have been to class with guys from across the country. This is not a do it yourself type of project. Don't knock the product when you should be knocking your installer! I have problems with less than 5% of units I install.

Date created: 2014-04-11 Name: C. Comeau

"These things are killing me"
To start off with, I am a licensed plumbing and heating contractor. I have installed over 30 Triangle Tube boilers. People are saying installer error is most of the problem. Here's my experience. Had three bad Tanks in the prestige. 1. Bad weld from nipple to tank 2. Pinhole in tank? 3. Cracked nipple going into tank. (split on seam) Power switch on new trimax faulty. boiler just shut off Brand new. Bad domestic water Temp sensor Bad weld on internal circulator flange E2 errors on 4 Trimax boilers countless unpaid service calls. Ended up changing boards (fixed) Never mind all the times these locked out and I had to go reset because customers have no clue. I don't know if they got the challengers sorted out. Installed 3 challengers. all locked out on failure to ignite or fan speed issues. Change fans they said. Changed all fans still locking out. Rep came out and reprogrammed the computer. Two of three all set. Again after several Service calls unpaid I changed the whole computer out and so far so good. I worry that at any moment I am going to get a call from a customer. " My heats out again" "I want a new boiler" "I got a lemon" I want my customers to be happy. They are not and neither am I.

Date created: 2014-02-05 Name: Thomas
Location: Anchorage, Alaska

"$13000 Worth of junk"
I have had this boiler less than three years and my costs for repairs and service are $2000!! I have had weather at minus 10 and house would not heat past 68 degrees. I was told by installers that perhaps I should purchase some electric heaters to take up the slack. The Motherboard just went out and cost $900. I can not own this money pit..God...what have I gotten into and how do I get out of this???