Consumer Reviews of Triangle Tube boilers

Read more about Triangle Tube boilers

Date created: 2015-04-30 Name: E.Ursillo
Location: Danielson, CT

"Homeowner's nightmare"
Our home was built in 2006 with a PG Plus Triangle Tube combi boiler. We've had nothing but problems with it and the contractor went out of business. Now we found out there was a Consumer Safety Commission recall of this unit due to excessive carbon monoxide emissions into the home.

Date created: 2015-03-09 Location: Queens, Ny

"To expensive for such a short life span."
My husband was talked into getting this boiler from the sales person at Home depot. We paid over $5,000 for this boiler almost three years ago and it has broken down several times already. We were out of heat and hot two times last winter for over a week each times. With a newborn in the house we were forced to stay in a motel for the whole time. Our repair man finally traced the issue to the gas valve rectifier coil. He tried many times to track down this part but apparently this part is not stocked in most places. Finally he was able to locate it in Boston but it took a couple of days to arrive. So far this winter we haven't experienced any issues with our boiler but I still would not recommend this boiler to any one. This situation has proved two things that I have always thought 1) Never buy anything a sales person recommends 2) Never let your husband make any big purchases with out you.

Date created: 2014-05-23 Name: Ripped off homeowner
Location: New York

"Beware of Triangle Tube"
Beware of Triangle Tube products. Their warranty is a scam. I had a Smart Tank, it started leaking after less than 5 years. The plumbing wholesaler/supplier wants to charge me $100 to handle the warranty. Triangles warranty states that claims will be handled at no added cost to the consumer. But Triangle will only process warranty claims through the wholesaler and they wash their hands of the matter. The companies try to coerce the plumber to "hide" the warranty fee into his labor cost to replace the unit. We are complaining to the State Attorney Generals office and the Federal Trade Commission about their fraudulent business practices. DO NOT BUY TRIANGLE PRODUCTS, OR IF YOU DO EXPECT THERE TO BE NO WARRANTY.

Date created: 2013-10-17 Name: P. Wallen
Location: Bellinghan, MA

"Don't Know Yet?"
To "Sprost" who wrote his review on June 27, 2013. We looked at the Triangle Tube to replace 3 boilers, but were told the Navien CH-210 would be a better choice??---We are still waiting for the unit (Triangle). If we had someone like you who knows what they are doing, we might have better luck. Do you want a job?

Date created: 2013-09-30 Name: Aaron H
Location: Big Lake, Alaska

We built our house 6.5 years ago. This boiler was the "best on the market". The bottom just rusted out. How can a manufacturer build such a poor unit. We have normal water so that could not be the issue and we do the required yearly maintenance. Now I know why they don't make this style of heater. Just wish that I would have known about the quality and warranty that came with this unit.

Date created: 2013-01-31 Name: Laurence Bates
Location: Lansing, Michigan

"Smart 40 Indirect Water Heater Junk"
I have the Triangle Tube Prestige Solo 175 boiler and a Triangle Tube Smart 40 Indirect fired water heater. The boiler needed the cut off valve replacing twice early on but has worked fine since then. The water heater however rusted out after less than two years. How can a stainless steel boiler rust out? In my case it appears that the inner boiler for the hot water is stainless but the outer jacket for the boiler water has a regular steel cap and that rusted through so badly that it cannot be repaired. I am really ticked off that Triangle Tube is passing this off as a stainless steel water heater when it appears to be anything but that.

Date created: 2013-01-25 Name: Rob

"Home owner"
This unit is 2 years old and I have had nothing but problems. The unit keeps on putting up error codes. The hot water keeps shutting off. The worst part about it is I have tried to contact the company on several occasions and I have not even gotten a call or a email in return. The oil company that is responsible for the units yearly service does not even know how to work on them. One service tech told me. Listen guy I am a oil guy not a propane guy. This unit sucks all around. I wish I still had my oil furnace from 1963. At least I expected that unit to crap out on me.... But it never did. Go figure.

Date created: 2012-12-11 Name: Daniel J
Location: New York, NY

"Prestige 110"
We had similar trouble to some of the other reviewers at the beginning, with the system going into random lock downs following widely variable readings on the pressure meter. As it turned out the installer had plumbed one of the supply or return lines wrong -- he said it's the opposite of most other brands but I don't know how true that may be. Anyway, once he fixed that the boiler has been working great ever since. We've really seen a major reduction in our fuel bills so the unit does work as efficiently as advertised, but the programming must be meticulously configured to match your home and climate for that to happen. In other words you should have it installed by someone who knows what he's doing, who will take the necessary heat loss measurements in your home and do the right calculations to program it correctly. I'd feel most comfortable with someone who is into technology and seems pretty sharp, not an old-school plumber who doesn't get the newer stuff. I learned how to read the codes on the display so anytime I'm in my basement I can glance at it and see that it's working as expected. With a high tech unit like this, no matter what brand I'd recommend to any owner to do the same, just like you want to understand the gauges and dashboard lights on your car. The bottom line is after getting past the initial misconfiguration I've been very happy with mine. Other than that I haven't experienced the problems other reviewers have posted about so I wonder if they may also have some installation problems. I've had mine for 3 years now and really like it so I'd recommend it as long as you get it installed by someone competent.

Date created: 2012-12-06 Name: Bad Triangle Tube
Location: WI

"Horrible"
Very unreliable and error codes at least once every 1-2 months (sensor errors).

Date created: 2012-11-28 Name: Margaret snyder

"Do Not Buy"
Boiler was installed in 2010 and we have had nothing but problems with it. Several service calls and nobody can fix, tech support at Triangle Tube was rude and of no help. Seriously wish I had seen all of these reviews before purchasing such an expensive unit