Consumer Reviews of Slant-Fin boilers

Read more about Slant-Fin boilers

Date created: 2011-05-04 Location: Salt Lake City, UT

"The Best Boiler!"
After buying my first home in Salt Lake City, I purchased a Trane XL20i heat pump. I chose a heat pump because they are very efficient in their manner of keeping your house cool in the summer, and warm in the winter. This is very important in the state of Utah, where we experience the extremes of hot and cold. I bought my Trane in 2010 and it works great. I have no doubt it will still be working in 20 or so years. My favorite feature of the XL20i is its quite operation. At first, I wasn't sure if it was working, due to how quietly in runs. Compared to other heat pumps, it is silent. I have never had the reason to repair it, as it runs without problems. I would definitely recommend it to any person seeking an efficient way to heat and cool their house. It brings my home an unmatchable comfort that I haven't ever experienced before my investment in my heat pump.

Date created: 2011-02-20 Name: R. Eller
Location: Pgh., Pa.

"Dependable boiler"
I had this 210 BTU boiler installed in 1979 and have had no problems except that the thermocouple [which keeps the pilot light on] has to be replaced occasionally [very minor task]. This is a repair that is common to all boilers/furnaces that have a constant burning pilot light. My next boiler will have some kind of electronic ignition. I did take the exterior sheet metal off once and recemented with furnace cement some places where the original cement had disintegrated. It really wasn't a must do repair but I was curious and it took a couple of hours.