Consumer Reviews of Slant-Fin boilers

Read more about Slant-Fin boilers

Date created: 2015-11-20 Location: Aurora Il

"Love My New Boiler"
I recently purchased a new boiler. I knew it was going to be expensive, as these things usually are. Then I got a recommendation for the Slant/Fin Sentinel natural gas boiler. It was cheaper than any others I had looked into. I've owned it for six months now, and couldn't be happier with it. Unlike my old boiler I've never had to have any repairs done on this one, and it works like a dream. Not only does it save a lot more energy than my old one, which is good for the environment and my pocket book, but it also comes with a 25 year warranty. So if it ever does break I can have it replaced for free, and not suddenly have to come up with another 1,500 dollars. I would recommend this product not only to family and friends, but to anyone looking to replace their old boiler.

Date created: 2015-07-16 Location: Wayne New Jersey

"living with 2 boilers"
I have lived in the house with the two boilers for 9 years. The Galaxy is the older of the two and is steam for the basement and main floor. The Sentry was put in by the previous owner when he did an addition to the house on the third floor and it is forced hot water (baseboard). I like the Sentry better because it is more efficient and a drier heat. The Galaxy is noisy and makes the wall black when the steam is discharged. The only thing that needed to be done to the Galaxy was the automatic water feed stopped working, shutting down the boiler. We never had the automatic one reinstalled due to the fact the tech told us that the valve could always go the other way, stick on and flood the basement. We made the decision to go with the manual vale and maintain the proper level on the site glass. On the Sentry the only thing that needed to be done was the expansion tank went. It was an easy fix, I bought the tank and installed it myself. So the answer would be I like the Sentry better and I would recommend it to a friend just because less things to go wrong with it and its easy serviceability.

Date created: 2014-09-18 Name: FRED UDING
Location: Nanticoke, PA

"Bad electronics"
Started to have things go wrong 3 days after install. I was told there was a part recall after I called to ask why it wasn't working. Now I find out there is another recall, but they want $500 for the parts!

Date created: 2014-08-09 Name: R. Ciarlo
Location: Cranston, R.I.

"Boiler out of service again"
System put in in 2/14/12. Furnace is losing water again, already replaced gasket for intake and now outflow pipe is leaking and need to replace that gasket. Had to replace electronic parts, low water control shut off control now must replace low voltage transformer circuit bd. As of right now system is dead . Would not recommend this boiler company for any products.

Date created: 2013-12-17 Name: M. Horbatsch
Location: Toronto, Canada

"Gasket Failure"
8 years old, was maintained, last year DirectEnergy service rep put silicone on the gasket (to supposedly fix it), now the service guy put my heating out of service, the gasket is frayed. Apparently, quite common with SlantFin. $1.500 repair? Bringing in a winch to lift the heat exchanger, put in a new seal, and then what? (Another 8 years?) No thanks, get away from this company, as fast as you can, their engineers are idiots. The old boiler in the house lasted ~40 years, and wasn't even broken, just not very efficient.

Date created: 2013-12-13 Name: R Berard
Location: MA

"Stay away from this boiler"
Had a 25 year old American standard replaced with the Slant fin three years ago. First boiler lasted one season and was finally replaced because the factory rep couldn't keep it running. Now the second boiler is leaking on the floor and when it gets cold outside the only way we can get domestic hot water is to turn all the thermostats in the house down. I have no confidence in this system. Thank God I have a pellet stove for backup. Very expensive mistake on my part.

Date created: 2011-12-26 Name: catman
Location: Connecticut

"Great Boiler"
Recently purchased a slant/fin tr-30 pt oil burning boiler. Extremely please so far with the efficiency and have noticed a difference my oil bill for the positive. It runs much quieter than my previous boiler (Columbia). Very satisfied with the purchase.

Date created: 2011-12-02 Name: peter M
Location: Boston Ma

"This is the best oil boiler in the market"
This is the best oil boiler in the market. Cut my fuel usage in half. It is a tr30p. The oil company that installed it also installs the Eutectic triple pass Slant fin boiler. Stated it is the quietest boiler in the market. Would recommend this boiler. They are also a family owned company put of New York and have been for 63 years.

Date created: 2011-11-22 Name: garry P
Location: vancouver BC

"Boiler leaking"
This boiler started to show signs of leaking within 5 years of new in a new house. Slant Fin totally denied responsibility and jerked me around on my warranty until I gave up now its 12 years old and is leaking , I need to replace it. The service / repairmen said its unheard of for a boiler to rust out like this, they should have covered it back then, but they didn't jerks!

Date created: 2011-10-04 Name: D.Lochridge
Location: Bozeman, MT

"Cracked boiler after 14 years"
My father just had to replace this SLANT-FIN after 14 years of light service - it is only used as backup to a wood-burning stove. I think they should last a lot longer for such a major failure.