Consumer Reviews of PEERLESS boilers

Read more about PEERLESS boilers

Date created: 2011-01-26 Name: j. castonguay
Location: marlboro, MA

"Poor quality product"
My landlady,(aunt) had 2 brand new boilers installed in 2007. supposed to be maintenance free..(she is 86 years old).. problems since the first heating season.. installed incorrectly,tankless coil replaced twice within the first 2 years..(her boiler). installer told how to correctly install plumbing. lost heat in second boiler's heating zone in one radiator all season.. after paying $14K for both boilers, she has spent another $200.00 for a service call, another $2K in repair and now the other tankless coil is rotted and leaking.. ( $ 875.00). both boilers need to be checked every day. one needs water added every few days, the other overfills and need to be emptied every 4 days or so...(they were supposed to be self feeding).. never worked right. takes nearly an hour to get heat to the last radiator on the line.. it is supposed to be instant... or quick anyway... nothing but problems.. and money, money, money... poor quality product and no one able to fix them properly...i would stay away from peerless products...

Date created: 2011-01-25 Name: MJS
Location: Bristol, Ct.

"Don't feel so bad now!!!"
Well, now I don't feel do bad; after reading some of these other reviews... I just spent $550. on my Peerless furnace - $309. of that was for a new blower motor. The motor was the orignal motor from when the furnace was installed after the house was built in 1966. I purchased the house in 2005.

Date created: 2011-01-22 Name: Leo Namiot
Location: Torrington, CT

"JUNK!"
I build my house in 2005 and though Peerless was the "best built" all I have has is problems, I am glad to see that I'mnot the only one with F 09 code coming up every few hours here in the winter. good thing I am home tonight because it's 8 degrees out and all of a sudden it felt like 60 in here, sure enough COLD AIR blasting out of my vents, go to the mechanical room and you guessed it "F09" JUNK what a waste of money! Lats year I had this problem a few times then the blower went to the tune of $680.00 to replace. JUNK!!!!

Date created: 2010-12-11 Name: bill sipple
Location: fargo nd

"Pi 140"
After 3 years boiler failed had very little support from reps the heat exchanger is designed to fail

Date created: 2010-12-07 Name: M Matthews
Location: Sidney, Ne

"F-09 code"
Have had this boiler for just over 2 years. Since last may 2010 has not worked properly. Has F-09 error codee that flashes and the furnace shuts off. Have to reset this 2-3 times a day and we cannot leave home in the winter for more than a day or 2 or pipes will freeze. Installer does not seem to be able to fix this. Company seems clueless. Now may have to replace a 2 year old furnace, which I cannot really afford.

Date created: 2010-12-02 Name: steve hegel
Location: phelps ny

"Service manager"
I read all these bad reviews and the one thing that stands out is that most people have had inexperienced untrained hvac companies do the work.i have sold and installed many peerless boilers and have had no issues other than routine maintenance. people are looking for the cheapest quote least expensive option!!!!!!!!!!! you got what you paid for so quit complaining.

Date created: 2010-11-18 Name: robert ervin
Location: omaha,ne

"Rust"
Had a series mi/mih installed one year ago and my boiler has rust everywhere,my water heater next to it is 10 years old no rust,does peerless cover this and do you make your product to rust

Date created: 2010-11-04 Name: G. Bliss
Location: Paramus, NJ

"Pinacle"
Have had to replace inducer fan on unit 4 years old part was not available at any local suppliers (north NJ)and cost in excess of $700. + labor

Date created: 2010-11-04 Name: T Krause
Location: NH

"T Krause"
We have owned this boiler for 4 years. It is such an oil hog!!! Now the cast iron observation door has cracked. What about the 10 year warranty on cast iron parts...you can only contact peerless through email and they say "contact your heating person". DO NOT buy their products unless you like huge oil bills and useless customer service for warranty. Maybe they are hoping I get discouraged and just pay to have it fixed.

Date created: 2010-09-21 Name: L. Krebsbach
Location: Stacy, MN

"Do not buy- they are terrible"
We have had the unit for five years now and have nothing but trouble. They would not stand behind their unit even when the dealer said it has problems. They told me I should have purchased an extended warranty. Why?? It broke the first year and every year thereafter. Horrible customer service. Would NEVER BUY AGAIN! I have a second boiler..Munchkin..works great never down and was installed at the same time.