Consumer Reviews of PEERLESS boilers

Read more about PEERLESS boilers

Date created: 2013-12-11 Name: D Isabella
Location: Providence RI

"Terrible product"
Spent 2000 dollars having my"state of the art" Pinnacle fixed in a new home I recently purchased. Two weeks later it's down again. The repair service had worked on the boiler for the previous owner and said he had to replace several parts for him also. Don't spend your money on this product, its junk.

Date created: 2013-04-25 Name: Jimmy
Location: Harrisburg, PA

"Works great"
We purchased our Peerless Purifier gas boiler in 2010 and have been very happy with it. We went from an oil boiler to gas and our heating bill dropped 75% for the winter. Very quiet unit. The only issue since the installation was the boiler didn't light twice - the dealer came and cleaned the ignition twice. The third time they installed an ignition that was about an inch or two longer and that solved the problem. No issues since then. Sorry to read the other unhappy reviews but we would definitely buy our Peerless boiler again.

Date created: 2012-12-06 Name: N. Wright
Location: Massachusetts

"2 Cracked Boilers in 16 Years"
I installed a new Peerless steam boiler in 1996, it cracked in 2004. The warranty only covered the cracked section and it cost more for a plumber to breakdown the boiler and replace the section than it cost to buy a new model. The second new boiler cracked 8 years later in the same place that the first boiler cracked. I have been fighting with Peerless for 3 months and they claim that hard water is the cause. Do no buy a Peerless steam boiler, the company does not stand behind its products.

Date created: 2012-11-13 Name: Michele

"Interested In Class Action Suit"
I myself have had nothing but trouble with this boiler costing me ridiculously amount of money. I am interested in starting a bbb report or Class Action Suit to get these pieces of junks replaced. Anyone else interested?

Date created: 2012-11-06 Name: MT
Location: NY

"Oil fired since 1978 NO Problems ever!"
Never had any issues with this boiler except the occasional burner issue. I will be replacing with the ect series oil only due to age.

Date created: 2012-03-17 Name: Tom
Location: Calumet, Michigan

"Constant part failure"
I have two model P-199's for my apartment building. I love the efficiency, newer had better. But I've lost all the savings on my gas bill keeping the things running. Something fails every 6 months, and parts are absurdly expensive. I would have been better off heating my place by burning candles.

Date created: 2012-03-05 Name: Kathy Sekowski
Location: Richmond Hill, NY

"Purefire P-210"
Installed this costly unit two years ago - after 2 years the blower failed - new blower part cost $560.00 plus labor, lasted all of two weeks and broke down. Wonder how long the new part will last. Old furnaces lasted 25 years without problems. buyer beware. Do not listen to people who have this less than two years. Did not realize such unreliable product could be sold in the US.

Date created: 2011-10-28 Name: M. Murphy
Location: Roaring Brook Pa

"Boiler"
Our Peerless Boiler is 23 years old and worked well over the years but now the firebox is shot. I found a 7 year old Kenmore that was never installed so I give this one a try being that the price is under a grand and a new one your talking 2-3 grand. Hope it works well.

Date created: 2011-09-24 Name: Darren Lounsbury
Location: [email protected]

"DEFECT"
Installed this Peerless PINNACLE-P1-199 boiler in my new house to be on the cutting edge of technology and efficiency and all I have are headaches!! Have replaced the inducer motor and housing 2 times now and it's about to come apart again!!! This is an obvious design flaw that Peerless refuses to address they just keep taking my money!! So much for the propane I have saved, I'm just handing it back to Peerless for parts!!

Date created: 2011-05-04 Location: Lancaster CA

"My boiler troubles"
My boiler hasnt worked since I bought it in January 2011. I think it was Dead on arrvial from the company I bought it from. I have very very little experience with boilers and had to look for the name, and model. The thing doesn't work, and we have had to switch to an electric style of heating. I would not recommend this to a friend, and I have never replaced it since I was bought it for a birthday. I like the color, and its space age look. Also it is electric