Consumer Reviews of PEERLESS boilers

Read more about PEERLESS boilers

Date created: 2017-03-03 Name: J. Mullen
Location: Bellmore, NY

"Unhappy Customer"
I would not recommend this boiler to anyone; horrible; mislead by our oil company. Thought we would get a nice modern looking, quieter, easier to operate boiler. Not the case. It looks barbaric, is noisy and requires constant emptying due to "pickling". So unhappy with it. Sorry we ever bought it. Also warranty is not transferable to new owner if we sell the house. Hate it.

Date created: 2017-01-22 Name: Elizabeth kelly
Location: Westchester, PA

"Many days without heat & had to replace after only 6 years"
This Peerless Pinnacle boiler cost us thousands of dollars before we gave up and replaced it. The warranty was never honored and the heater was only 6 years old! We spent many nights trying to keep our house from having frozen pipes as well as our personal discomfort (a very cold 2016 Christmas week) UPDATE: 2017-02-11 Our 6 year old unit ended up costing us over $9000 with the removal, replacement, adjustments, new oil tank, and time off work. Never, never, buy a Peerless Pinnacle anything.

Date created: 2016-10-14 Name: Jeff convoy
Location: Parsippany, NJ

"Peerless: Wake up cold"
High efficiency and lower consumption translates into "you can't be charged for gas if your boiler doesn't work". Whatever I would have picked up in efficiency, I've paid out in repairs as I have changed out almost every part of the boiler and the system still fails to work. I wake every morning to a cold house because the igniter won't fire correctly and god forbid you contact Peerless, they literally hang up on you.

Date created: 2016-02-16 Name: Bill Rhoads
Location: Pennsylvania

"140"
I have worked on HVAC for 30 years. I have never had to replace a flame sensor! They usually foul out because they get dirty. If you clean them with steel wool or grit cloth, they should be fine. Make sure that the boiler slopes to the back. It is in the manual ! If it does not slope, the condensate will not drain and foul out the sensor! As for the flow sensor, they do go bad. Also the blower (Version 1) does go bad. I have no knowledge of a pressure sensor. Make sure that the vent pipes are installed correctly. Also, make sure that the unit has been combustion analyzed. This is also very important!

Date created: 2015-12-21 Name: Armen

I've had this piece of junk for 11 years and pretty much every year I had to replace some part on it. It finally crapped out completely. My last boiler lasted 25 years. Do not get this brand unless you want to spend a ton of money on maintenance costs every year.

Date created: 2015-12-04 Location: Chicago, IL

"A review of the Peerless MI85 Boiler"
I've owned my Peerless MI85-04 boiler for two years. It is a decent boiler that is made somewhat more cheaply than my previous boiler, but is more energy efficient at the same time. It easily produces enough heat for the entire home. There are no constantly burning pilot lights like the last one had. Also, there is a periodic check of the heat and water levels that is performed automatically. This is done to check that the boiler is running properly. At the same time, it makes it more complicated and produces a tendency for certain parts to malfunction. A slight amount of rust is already forming on some of the burner tubes. A better quality of metal should have been used. These are the only drawbacks. It hasn't had to be repaired since. I probably would not recommend this brand to anyone or buy it again until I looked at other boiler options from different companies.

Date created: 2015-11-04 Name: ed lanza
Location: Magnolia, NJ

"Don't buy"
We purchased a new gas steam boiler to replace our older oil furnace just over a year ago and I am beginning to think we made a big mistake. We spent over $11,000 and after just 1 heating season the boiler is malfunctioning. It is no longer under warranty and it is going to cost over $600 to replace a control module and another part which is obviously defective. I sent emails to Peerless and they reply that it's no longer under warranty.The dealer we purchased it from has already charged us a $300 service call to diagnose the problem, which totals $900 to fix a heater that is 13 months old. Don't buy a Peerless!

Date created: 2015-09-16 Name: danpiunno
Location: Ohio

"Great unit...period"
Self installed. Very quiet, cast iron, it is excellent quality. Saves money on gas and heats my home like a dream. Have had it for 12 years and never a problem except one time the rheostat failed. Oh well, an $8 part and 5 minutes later the heat was back on. I own 3 of these units; one in the barn, one in the house and one at work. All running perfect.

Date created: 2015-03-27 Location: Red Hook, NY

"I Love my Peerless Furnace"
I have owned my furnace for three years and have no complaints about it. After installing it, I immediately noticed a savings on my heating bill. The furnace uses significantly less oil then my previous unit. My peerless furnace easily connected to a Beckett Heat Manager which lowered my heating bill even more. Before purchasing my furnace, I knew that Peerless was one of the best brans in the United States and my furnace has lived up to the Peerless reputation. I have not had any problems with my furnace and can not think of anything that I dislike about this furnace. Over the last three years, I have had no break downs, I have not needed to replace any parts except for normal maintenance and it has not required any service beyond normal maintenance. I would absolutely recommend a Peerless brand furnace to my friends, family, or anyone else looking to purchase a new furnace.

Date created: 2015-03-09 Location: Easthampton, MA

"Peerless has no Peer!"
Our boiler is from the 1980's and came with the house, but we are quite happy with it! It runs beautifully despite being very old. We get it cleaned and checked yearly and that seems to be all of the upkeep it needs to keep on chugging. It does its job well and keeps our house and water warm when we need it to. The only downside is that it is not nearly as efficient as a new boiler would be (as we've been told many times by our oil company). We realize this and would love to save the money over time that a new boiler would provide; however, we do not currently have the disposable income to spend a ton of money on a new boiler, so we are very happy that this one keeps on ticking! My Dad always said that they don't make them like they used to and that is totally apparent with this boiler!