Consumer Reviews of PEERLESS boilers

Read more about PEERLESS boilers

Date created: 2016-02-16 Name: Bill Rhoads
Location: Pennsylvania

"140"
I have worked on HVAC for 30 years. I have never had to replace a flame sensor! They usually foul out because they get dirty. If you clean them with steel wool or grit cloth, they should be fine. Make sure that the boiler slopes to the back. It is in the manual ! If it does not slope, the condensate will not drain and foul out the sensor! As for the flow sensor, they do go bad. Also the blower (Version 1) does go bad. I have no knowledge of a pressure sensor. Make sure that the vent pipes are installed correctly. Also, make sure that the unit has been combustion analyzed. This is also very important!

Date created: 2015-12-21 Name: Armen

I've had this piece of junk for 11 years and pretty much every year I had to replace some part on it. It finally crapped out completely. My last boiler lasted 25 years. Do not get this brand unless you want to spend a ton of money on maintenance costs every year.

Date created: 2015-12-04 Location: Chicago, IL

"A review of the Peerless MI85 Boiler"
I've owned my Peerless MI85-04 boiler for two years. It is a decent boiler that is made somewhat more cheaply than my previous boiler, but is more energy efficient at the same time. It easily produces enough heat for the entire home. There are no constantly burning pilot lights like the last one had. Also, there is a periodic check of the heat and water levels that is performed automatically. This is done to check that the boiler is running properly. At the same time, it makes it more complicated and produces a tendency for certain parts to malfunction. A slight amount of rust is already forming on some of the burner tubes. A better quality of metal should have been used. These are the only drawbacks. It hasn't had to be repaired since. I probably would not recommend this brand to anyone or buy it again until I looked at other boiler options from different companies.

Date created: 2015-11-04 Name: ed lanza
Location: Magnolia, NJ

"Don't buy"
We purchased a new gas steam boiler to replace our older oil furnace just over a year ago and I am beginning to think we made a big mistake. We spent over $11,000 and after just 1 heating season the boiler is malfunctioning. It is no longer under warranty and it is going to cost over $600 to replace a control module and another part which is obviously defective. I sent emails to Peerless and they reply that it's no longer under warranty.The dealer we purchased it from has already charged us a $300 service call to diagnose the problem, which totals $900 to fix a heater that is 13 months old. Don't buy a Peerless!

Date created: 2015-09-16 Name: danpiunno
Location: Ohio

"Great unit...period"
Self installed. Very quiet, cast iron, it is excellent quality. Saves money on gas and heats my home like a dream. Have had it for 12 years and never a problem except one time the rheostat failed. Oh well, an $8 part and 5 minutes later the heat was back on. I own 3 of these units; one in the barn, one in the house and one at work. All running perfect.

Date created: 2015-03-27 Location: Red Hook, NY

"I Love my Peerless Furnace"
I have owned my furnace for three years and have no complaints about it. After installing it, I immediately noticed a savings on my heating bill. The furnace uses significantly less oil then my previous unit. My peerless furnace easily connected to a Beckett Heat Manager which lowered my heating bill even more. Before purchasing my furnace, I knew that Peerless was one of the best brans in the United States and my furnace has lived up to the Peerless reputation. I have not had any problems with my furnace and can not think of anything that I dislike about this furnace. Over the last three years, I have had no break downs, I have not needed to replace any parts except for normal maintenance and it has not required any service beyond normal maintenance. I would absolutely recommend a Peerless brand furnace to my friends, family, or anyone else looking to purchase a new furnace.

Date created: 2015-03-09 Location: Easthampton, MA

"Peerless has no Peer!"
Our boiler is from the 1980's and came with the house, but we are quite happy with it! It runs beautifully despite being very old. We get it cleaned and checked yearly and that seems to be all of the upkeep it needs to keep on chugging. It does its job well and keeps our house and water warm when we need it to. The only downside is that it is not nearly as efficient as a new boiler would be (as we've been told many times by our oil company). We realize this and would love to save the money over time that a new boiler would provide; however, we do not currently have the disposable income to spend a ton of money on a new boiler, so we are very happy that this one keeps on ticking! My Dad always said that they don't make them like they used to and that is totally apparent with this boiler!

Date created: 2015-01-06 Name: JD Harris
Location: Lindstrom, MN

"Complete junk"
I've had nothing but issues for the 18 months my Peerless boiler has been installed. Techs have been out continuously (literally), and Peerless will not admit that I have a lemon, a $9000 lemon! I will never buy from Peerless again. The arrogance of their techs is only outweighed by the crappy product they produce.

Date created: 2014-10-07 Name: L. Shafer
Location: Kansas City, MO

"Replacing unit now"
Warning. I had a Peerless natural gas steam boiler installed in 1996 to heat my old house. The initial boiler was installed in 1926 and remained in operation until the new one was installed in 1996. The Peerless boiler is now 18 years old. I suppose I have been somewhat fortunate as I have been told that the life span of these new boilers is only about 15 years! I will start by saying that the new boiler did reduce the natural gas consumption, which is a good thing because I have needed that savings to pay for the maintenance and repairs on this unit. The new boiler has been serviced/repaired many times, generally because it would not light when started in the fall or stopped operating during cold weather. The problem has always been in the electronics which, with often more than one visit, was diagnosed and repaired. My current problem is that the cast iron part of the boiler has elongated (changed shape) and caused the tubes (from which the gas feeds under the cast iron boiler unit) to fall down under the unit. This is extremely dangerous and can cause an explosion! The energy savings have not been sufficient to replace the boiler every 15 years. A new boiler, installed, will cost $10,816. Lesson: Never replace an old working boiler with a new (short life) unit. It will cost you more to maintain/replace than you will ever save on energy. With a cost of $10,800 and a life of 15 years, it will cost you $720 per year in replacement costs alone (maintenance and repairs excluded). Before you buy a new boiler, be sure to ask about the "life" of the unit. You will not like what you learn. Learn from my mistake. Peerless does not have a telephone listing where you can contact them with a problem or complaint. I have decided to abandon the boiler system and install two furnaces (one for each of the 2 floors). I have been told by the HVAC company that two furnaces will use less gas than one boiler. I hope I will be more satisfied with this solution!

Date created: 2013-12-11 Name: D Isabella
Location: Providence RI

"Terrible product"
Spent 2000 dollars having my"state of the art" Pinnacle fixed in a new home I recently purchased. Two weeks later it's down again. The repair service had worked on the boiler for the previous owner and said he had to replace several parts for him also. Don't spend your money on this product, its junk.