Consumer Reviews of NY Thermal boilers

Read more about NY Thermal boilers

Date created: 2014-12-17 Name: Alex
Location: Ontario

"It's obviously the installers not knowing how to install the boiler."
I am a professional hydronic installer. I have installed over 400 of these boilers in large and small houses. None of them have ever had a problem. When installing boilers, proper knowledge of primary and secondary piping, zoning, buffer tanks and mixing valves is a must. If your installer advertises that he installs furnaces as well, run. Boilers are the Lamborghini of heating you wouldn't have a Ford dealer work on a Lamborghini. So why have a furnace guy install your boiler? You're asking for trouble.

Date created: 2013-03-13 Name: Bryan Olsen

"Terrible product, worse customer service."
Words cannot begin to express my loathing for this product. I know full well that many of the problems we've experienced were because of poor installation. However, major parts routinely failed despite servicing twice a year and good luck getting parts in a timely manner. The absolute worst customer service I've ever encountered. Over five years, we have doubled up the original price with repair costs. We are now completely replacing having decided to finally stop digging. Please, please don't buy this boiler.

Date created: 2012-10-20 Name: M. Kohn
Location: Washington,DC

"Works great"
Me and a technician I know initially installed the boiler in an old house for heating the existing radiators and to run all of the hot water. It was difficult to install (but we were novices and still managed). A contractor added a new addition a few years later and was able to use same boiler to heat an additional 1,800 sq ft of radiant cement flooring. With the exception of one module that had to be replaced (I believe that module was manufactured by Honeywell) it has performed flawlessly for about 7 years now. The unit runs so clean there is no need to service it.

Date created: 2012-10-04 Name: J. Done
Location: Northern Wisconsin

"You get what you pay for."
In getting what you pay for I mean the installer and installation. I've personally installed dozens of these boilers and had only one minor part on one of them fail on initial start up. To qualify "fail" I mean this part did not perform to what I personally considered consistent 100% of the time and the company quickly and happily supplied me with a replacement part. As with all heating equipment, if it's not installed correctly, set up correctly, serviced correctly or was installed in a manner not approved by the manufacturer you are guaranteed problems. You can't buy a brand new compact car and then use it like a truck and then blame the manufacture because it didn't stand up to the abuse. The problem is the average homeowner has to trust the seller/installer that they are selling them the correct item for their unique situation and then installing it correctly.

Date created: 2012-04-22 Name: g p
Location: phila pa

"Good boiler if installed properly"
I am a union steamfitter by trade and have done my homework before installing this unit in my home. All I can say is the boiler has been running flawlessly for 3 yrs. These condensing boilers need to be installed properly to work properly. Or maybe im just blessed for praying over the whole install. But it sure is fine by me.

Date created: 2011-09-18 Name: yvonne mackillop
Location: st thomas ont

"Every season change......problems"
We have had NY Thermal installed and wish we never did. We have had nothing but headaches every time we turn our floorboards back on. We live in Ontario and no one wants to service these pieces of garbage. I'm tired of this system and the lack of support and parts for those fools like us that purchased these boilers to supply us with heat and hot water.