Consumer Reviews of NY Thermal boilers

Read more about NY Thermal boilers

Date created: 2015-02-04 Name: matt paterson
Location: Canada

"It's not if, but when, they will fail!"
I have first-hand experience with 3 Trinity T150's, one of which I went and helped patch up to get through this winter night: -25 Celsius. This T150 was installed by a very experienced installer and has been a problem every winter since it was installed. The owner says he has paid, on average, just over 600 dollars a winter, every winter, for the last 9 years. He has had enough, and this will be the last winter he will put up with this one. The next unit is a T200 with the domestic hot water on-demand option. It wasn't too much trouble for the first few years but was recently replaced because it started to act up - not making domestic hot water, pressure switches failing, and the fan making loud noises. Lastly, my own T150 that I installed by myself, "by the book"! Even the long-time installer was impressed with how it turned out when he came to check my attempt at doing an install. It has been quite good and I was quite happy until recently, when I started having problems with the stupid mini pressure switches that NTI, for some unknown reason, chose for their boilers! Oh wait, I know why they chose them! They are hard to get and made for NTI so you can only get them from NTI when you need one, at a crazy inflated price! i was quoted over $130 for one of them! I found a universal replacement for under $30! Now my fan is starting to act up and I was quoted an even crazier price for that part! It's not enough that NTI sold and made a profit from the sale of a boiler; they want to continue making a killing on parts after the sale! I think buyers of the NTI product should be rewarded for buying their product, and aftercare and parts should be supplied at a reasonable price! Would I ever but a new NTI? Maybe, if an NTI rep offered a replacement at a wholesale or cost price! Who would have thought the life span of a boiler would be so short! It seems NTI would have you believe that you should be buying a new boiler every 10 years or less! P.S. - NTI, if you happen to see this post, here is your chance to make things right and offer me a replacement boiler at a discount, and lets see if the new products are any better. I don't expect one for free, just a good deal! Hell, take my old one and study it, learn what you did wrong and maybe a better product will come out of the information you will learn!

Date created: 2014-12-17 Name: Alex
Location: Ontario

"It's obviously the installers not knowing how to install the boiler."
I am a professional hydronic installer. I have installed over 400 of these boilers in large and small houses. None of them have ever had a problem. When installing boilers, proper knowledge of primary and secondary piping, zoning, buffer tanks and mixing valves is a must. If your installer advertises that he installs furnaces as well, run. Boilers are the Lamborghini of heating you wouldn't have a Ford dealer work on a Lamborghini. So why have a furnace guy install your boiler? You're asking for trouble.

Date created: 2014-10-30 Name: G Savian
Location: Dryden, ON

"Run as fast as you can!"
We have had this boiler since February 2004. It worked for one year and then, for the last 10 years, we have just spent money on different parts. This last January, it shut down. Our plumber has talked with the technicians and they have very little knowledge of what is to be done except to keep changing expensive parts. They always say you can try this, but there is no guarantee. What kind of work force do they have? This has been a lemon from the factory. When NY Thermal is mentioned, run as fast as you can. We are looking to buy another boiler.

Date created: 2014-03-19 Name: Mary E
Location: Wisconsin

"Worst boiler ever!!"
Worst boiler ever! Paid premium price, have paid over the original price in repairs. Pulling the unit out after only 3 years and replacing it. Tired of it breaking down constantly. Don't buy anything from NTI!

Date created: 2013-10-25 Name: K Hepburn
Location: Ontario, Canada

"NTI Boilers"
I have installed dozens of these boilers and have had great success with them. This is the preferred make I will install in my own home sometime soon. The wholesalers and factory trained people say, you must follow the installation manual of the factory "to a tee" for good performance and they'll warn you that if you don't follow installation guidelines and good hydronic installation practices, you are looking for trouble. Poor installation, poor performance! Sorry guys, but the truth!

Date created: 2013-03-13 Name: Bryan Olsen

"Terrible product, worse customer service."
Words cannot begin to express my loathing for this product. I know full well that many of the problems we've experienced were because of poor installation. However, major parts routinely failed despite servicing twice a year and good luck getting parts in a timely manner. The absolute worst customer service I've ever encountered. Over five years, we have doubled up the original price with repair costs. We are now completely replacing having decided to finally stop digging. Please, please don't buy this boiler.

Date created: 2012-10-20 Name: M. Kohn
Location: Washington,DC

"Works great"
Me and a technician I know initially installed the boiler in an old house for heating the existing radiators and to run all of the hot water. It was difficult to install (but we were novices and still managed). A contractor added a new addition a few years later and was able to use same boiler to heat an additional 1,800 sq ft of radiant cement flooring. With the exception of one module that had to be replaced (I believe that module was manufactured by Honeywell) it has performed flawlessly for about 7 years now. The unit runs so clean there is no need to service it.

Date created: 2012-10-04 Name: J. Done
Location: Northern Wisconsin

"You get what you pay for."
In getting what you pay for I mean the installer and installation. I've personally installed dozens of these boilers and had only one minor part on one of them fail on initial start up. To qualify "fail" I mean this part did not perform to what I personally considered consistent 100% of the time and the company quickly and happily supplied me with a replacement part. As with all heating equipment, if it's not installed correctly, set up correctly, serviced correctly or was installed in a manner not approved by the manufacturer you are guaranteed problems. You can't buy a brand new compact car and then use it like a truck and then blame the manufacture because it didn't stand up to the abuse. The problem is the average homeowner has to trust the seller/installer that they are selling them the correct item for their unique situation and then installing it correctly.

Date created: 2012-04-22 Name: g p
Location: phila pa

"Good boiler if installed properly"
I am a union steamfitter by trade and have done my homework before installing this unit in my home. All I can say is the boiler has been running flawlessly for 3 yrs. These condensing boilers need to be installed properly to work properly. Or maybe im just blessed for praying over the whole install. But it sure is fine by me.

Date created: 2012-02-24 Name: Sam
Location: Wisconsin

"Trinity junk"
Had this unit installed in a new home 4 years ago. After 3 years our service man started replacing parts. We are finally replacing the whole unit after a year of headaches.