Consumer Reviews of Navien boilers

Read more about Navien boilers

• NCB (10 reviews)
  • NHB (1 review)

Date created: 2015-02-16 Location: Belmont, MA

"Very Happy with Navien On Demand Boiler"
I had this boiler installed 3 years ago after reading many positive and negative reviews. I was a little nervous but found a plumber with specific experience installing this type of boiler. I use the boiler for both on-demand hot water and heating for my house. This replaced a separate boiler and water tank system. My experience with it has been nothing but positive. It is very economical, low maintenance and the space saving over conventional boilers and tank is huge. My house is quite small so I got a lot of bonus storage space out of the conversion. My gas bills dropped significantly as I was not having to keep a water tank hot. The only negative is that it can be a little loud so it depending on placement that might be annoying. So far I have had to clean the filters but it has not required any other maintenance. I would definitely buy this boiler again and strongly recommend it to a friend. The only caveat being that you really need a good plumber that is specifically experienced with this boiler manufacturer. It is a very complex system and I read a lot about poor installations, which caused the homeowners a lot of problems. Thankfully my personal experience has been great.