Consumer Reviews of Navien boilers

Read more about Navien boilers

Date created: 2016-12-20 Name: MK
Location: Ottawa, Canada

"Trouble free operation"
I replaced my electric boiler and hot water tank with the Navian ch-210 Combi in December 2012. My main problem with the unit for a couple of years was that its return temperature limit was too low to drive my baseboard radiators on the coldest days (-20 c). I tinkered with the boiler, played with the pump speed and added the outdoor reset sensor, but to no effect. Finally, it occurred to me to use the purge valves to create a thermic bypass or basically a feedback of the output of the pump to the input side. This resulted in a sufficient rise in line temperature to drive my baseboards. I will have a permanent bypass grafted into my system upon my next routine service. So far since adding the bypass, the house has been warm and I am no longer frustrated by a cold home.

Date created: 2016-10-18 Name: Sandra Cristino
Location: Kelowna, BC, Canada

"Piece of $%#@&"
You'd better get a re-circulation line installed if you don't want to wait 5 minutes for hot water. What a waste of water! It takes 5 minutes to set to the right temperature when I take a shower and it has burned me numerous times.
Date created: 2016-07-23 Name: L. Rheeling
Location: Rantoul, IL

"Control board"
The first winter I had this, the control board had to be replaced twice. I don't have a lot of confidence for the coming winter. Also, sometimes I have to wait as long as 5 minutes to get hot water, and I have a very small house, so it doesn't travel far. Update: February 21, 2017 Wrote a review last year when in the first winter the control board had to be replaced twice! Guess what? The control board went out again last night. The guy's coming tomorrow to replace it, again.
Date created: 2016-04-24 Name: E Johnson
Location: Boston, MA

"Absolute junk, do not buy a Navien!"
My Navien CH-180 is six years old and has cost me $3000 in repairs. Both heat and hot water have failed repeatedly. It's gotten to the point that I am replacing it, as it is so unreliable. Professionals in the business have told me, "Navien's turned out to be only ten year boilers with a lot of problems". Super expensive repairs too! Avoid this brand completely, it is complete and utter junk.
Date created: 2016-01-11 Name: phil ladd
Location: Altoona, IA

"Dsisatisfied - 3 years old and approximately 24 service calls"
Our combo unit was installed in 2010. It has never worked right. Dozens of service calls and can't get parts from a dealer, they have to come from California. We have been told that it is no longer being made. I rate it as junk.