Consumer Reviews of Navien boilers

• NHB (1 review)

Date created: 2017-03-11 Name: J. Pagan
Location: West Roxbury, MA

"Awful Noise"
The unit started making an awful noise and the company that installed it keeps sending people here but none of them have any idea what the problem is. Just sent and email to Navien. We'll see if they fix the problem.

Date created: 2017-03-03 Name: PG
Location: Killington, VT

"DO NOT BUY A NAVIEN."
Nothing but one issue after another. No heat on freezing nights, no consistent hot water. Piece of crap. Do not get this furnace !!!!! Many many repairs, and no way to get parts or anyone who knows the system to fix it.

Date created: 2017-02-25 Name: Barry J
Location: Cape Cod, MA

"Terrible experience"
Installed ch-240 in rental unit May 2013. Failures began March 2014 and got worse over time. Tech support kept telling my technician to replace one part after another. Water pressure sensor was replaced at least 4 times under warranty. In the New England winter of 2016 the unit was failing about once a week. Navien's technicians would only have my guy replace parts 1 at a time. I had to replace the unit in December for the safety of my tenants (including a baby). Made calls to Navien. They refused to compensate me since their technician did not say to replace the unit. They did not seem to care if their customers suffered.

Date created: 2017-02-14 Name: Rhonda Pouladian
Location: Boston, MA

"First one recalled, on second unit still having problems"
We installed a Combi heating/water unit made by Navien. Middle of winter and unit breaks down. No heat, no hot water and total freeze up in water lines. After trying to repair, Navien sends out a new updated, revised model. This winter again with no heat, no hot water. 2 visits from plumber. There should be some kind of class action lawsuit against this company as I am sure we are not the only ones experiencing this. This has turned into an expensive venture. Considering ripping out second unit and replacing with standard heating system. Do not buy!!!!!!

Date created: 2017-02-12 Name: Alex
Location: Massachusetts

"Navien boilers are horrible!!!"
As re developers we install around 15 Naviens over the past 4 years. Those boilers are the worse you could find. They are reasonable priced but this is an only positive thing about them. Quality and customer service beyond any understanding. We repaired 5 boilers and non of them had the same issue, always something different. I can write those stories on and on, but one conclusion you should follow - do not buy this.

Date created: 2017-01-17 Name: Bruce Belden
Location: North Kingstown, RI

"Never Again"
Our contractor had a Navien boiler installed at the end of 2010. Since that time, I have spent over $2000 in parts and labor to keep the unit running. While the Navien warranty has expired, the company will not consider supplying parts at reduced cost in an effort to maintain customer satisfaction. Under no circumstances at all would I ever consider purchasing a boiler from Navien.

Date created: 2017-01-05 Name: Bill M
Location: New York

"Unreliable"
You do not want to buy Navien. They made my heating guy wait 45 minutes for tech support, I waited 38 and my buddy waited 24. The tech then told me the part number I needed after I gave him my serial number of the unit. That cost me another 6 hours in 18 degree weather and a full day lost waiting for part. We then learn the correct part number but the distributor doesn't have it in stock. I drive 75 miles to another location. That afternoon after another 45 minute phone wait we need to drive to another location 76 miles away. 4 homes I built have them installed and I will now switch brands. 3 days with no heat or hot water, 300 miles,10 dollars in tolls and I will tell anyone listening, "don't buy this company's service" it sucks.

Date created: 2016-12-27 Name: Dan C
Location: Shermans Dale, PA

"So far so good"
Had this unit for a little over a year now and am totally satisfied with it so far. Only had one issue a couple of weeks ago when I came home from work and the house was cold. Had an error code which the manual said that the filter was clogged. I just cleaned it not long ago and doubted it was clogged but checked any way and it was clean. So went outside to check the air intake and found an oak leaf stuck in the pvc grate over the intake pipe. Worked fine after removing. From December 2015 to December 2016 I spent about 600 dollars to heat my 2 story log home and domestic hot water. Used to heat with an outdoor wood stove with baseboard hot water. So it was pretty easy to hook up the Navien to the existing system. People complain about waiting for hot water. This system is faster than what I was used to waiting for hot water to come from my yard into my house! One piece of advice for anyone using propane. Buy your own tanks! I got two 500 gallon tanks now so I only have to buy propane once a year. Summer prices can be as low as .60 a gallon while winter price can be over 2.00 a gallon

Date created: 2016-12-20 Name: MK
Location: Ottawa, Canada

"Trouble free operation"
I replaced my electric boiler and hot water tank with the Navian ch-210 Combi in December 2012. My main problem with the unit for a couple of years was that its return temperature limit was too low to drive my baseboard radiators on the coldest days (-20 c). I tinkered with the boiler, played with the pump speed and added the outdoor reset sensor, but to no effect. Finally, it occurred to me to use the purge valves to create a thermic bypass or basically a feedback of the output of the pump to the input side. This resulted in a sufficient rise in line temperature to drive my baseboards. I will have a permanent bypass grafted into my system upon my next routine service. So far since adding the bypass, the house has been warm and I am no longer frustrated by a cold home.

Date created: 2016-10-18 Name: Sandra Cristino
Location: Kelowna, BC, Canada

"Piece of $%#@&"
You'd better get a re-circulation line installed if you don't want to wait 5 minutes for hot water. What a waste of water! It takes 5 minutes to set to the right temperature when I take a shower and it has burned me numerous times.