Consumer Reviews of Navien boilers

• NHB (1 review)

Date created: 2017-05-17 Name: K. Cardilli
Location: Stamford, CT

"Very unreliable"
There have been multiple problems with the system and it is only a few years old. The first one that was installed was finally replaced a short time after being installed. The new one also has had multiple problems. In January I had to pay $1100 for a repair. This morning, May 17, I had no hot water. I can't go through this any longer. I never know when another problem is going to arise. Before I had this heating system installed I had a very old oil system that never gave me a problem. I converted to gas and got a nightmare with this system. Very unreliable.

Date created: 2017-04-18 Name: P Roach
Location: New Jersey

"Terrible piece of garbage"
Over the last 3 years I have installed 3 different Navien combo boilers all on natural gas, they were installed in 2 rental properties and my home. All 3 have broken down multiple times one resulting in frozen pipes because it wouldn't got to high fire. The plumber I used is great and has spent many many no charge hours trouble shooting them. The manufacturer has been good at sending replacement parts at no charge but that's not the point. You cannot rely on the boiler to work and in the cold North East that can be a disaster 3 out 3. All duds

Date created: 2017-04-06 Name: Big Joe 3479988669
Location: Brooklyn, NY

"No problems"
I have install about 20 of the Navien combo unit 240 model. I had one call back and that was because the lady son accidentally turned the emergency switch off. I am planning to install one in my house. Two days ago I went to look at one that was install by another contractor and the contractor installed a feed regulator valve which in not necessary because it caused the system to go into error. There is no need to install a feed regulator valve because it has a built in one. The pressure on the system keep going low and the system was shutting down. I took it out and hot water and heat was sailing.

Date created: 2017-03-12 Name: J Hyland
Location: Nassau, NY

"Waiting for repairs"
I may change my evaluation in a week, but for now I am disappointed and very unsatisfied with the Navien ncb 240 combo boiler. I am waiting for a water leak repair and my chosen heating company is being held up for a go-ahead because Navien in NJ insists on a water sample before authorizing parts. The original installer sub-contracted as he is a builder and I want to work directly with a heating and fuel company. I had a nyserda (nys) grant to help with the installation and was given glowing reviews of this heat and hot water system. It began to leak in November 2016 and was repaired under labor and parts warranty. Now the same leak has occurred and I will have to pay for labor. Ok, now a week has gone by, the system still drips water on to all of the internal parts and the company is hedging on the repair because they want to say that my well water is the problem. If this is the case I should have been fully informed before installation that I needed my water tested first. Also, I have a whole-house water filter installed and a water softener. I would say, buyer beware. You will hear more excuses why the system shuts down than you can imagine. Before you buy, it's all roses and what a great company. If my repairs will amount to as much as a new product, I will donate the Navien back to the company and buy something else. I see the Bosch has great reviews. If Navien comes though soon, I may change my tune, but today I am discouraged and feel taken for a ride.

Date created: 2017-03-11 Name: J. Pagan
Location: West Roxbury, MA

"Awful Noise"
The unit started making an awful noise and the company that installed it keeps sending people here but none of them have any idea what the problem is. Just sent and email to Navien. We'll see if they fix the problem.

Date created: 2017-03-03 Name: PG
Location: Killington, VT

"DO NOT BUY A NAVIEN."
Nothing but one issue after another. No heat on freezing nights, no consistent hot water. Piece of crap. Do not get this furnace !!!!! Many many repairs, and no way to get parts or anyone who knows the system to fix it.

Date created: 2017-02-25 Name: Barry J
Location: Cape Cod, MA

"Terrible experience"
Installed ch-240 in rental unit May 2013. Failures began March 2014 and got worse over time. Tech support kept telling my technician to replace one part after another. Water pressure sensor was replaced at least 4 times under warranty. In the New England winter of 2016 the unit was failing about once a week. Navien's technicians would only have my guy replace parts 1 at a time. I had to replace the unit in December for the safety of my tenants (including a baby). Made calls to Navien. They refused to compensate me since their technician did not say to replace the unit. They did not seem to care if their customers suffered.

Date created: 2017-02-14 Name: Rhonda Pouladian
Location: Boston, MA

"First one recalled, on second unit still having problems"
We installed a Combi heating/water unit made by Navien. Middle of winter and unit breaks down. No heat, no hot water and total freeze up in water lines. After trying to repair, Navien sends out a new updated, revised model. This winter again with no heat, no hot water. 2 visits from plumber. There should be some kind of class action lawsuit against this company as I am sure we are not the only ones experiencing this. This has turned into an expensive venture. Considering ripping out second unit and replacing with standard heating system. Do not buy!!!!!!

Date created: 2017-02-12 Name: Alex
Location: Massachusetts

"Navien boilers are horrible!!!"
As re developers we install around 15 naviens over the past 4 years. Those boilers are the worse you could find. They are reasonable priced but this is an only positive thing about them. Quality and customer service beyond any understanding. We repaired 5 boilers and non of them had the same issue, always something different. I can write those stories on and on, but one conclusion you should follow - do not buy this.

Date created: 2017-01-17 Name: Bruce Belden
Location: North Kingstown, RI

"Never Again"
Our contractor had a Navien boiler installed at the end of 2010. Since that time, I have spent over $2000 in parts and labor to keep the unit running. While the Navien warranty has expired, the company will not consider supplying parts at reduced cost in an effort to maintain customer satisfaction. Under no circumstances at all would I ever consider purchasing a boiler from Navien.