Consumer Reviews of Navien boilers

• NCB (19 reviews)
  • NHB (5 reviews)

Date created: 2018-04-11 Name: hector
Location: East Hartford, CT

"Not hiring a professional installer"
I have install over 150 boilers over the past 5 years and less than 1% I have to go back to repair also Navien has a full package with 100% of parts that only trained contractors get when they are certified. So if you hire a contractor that doesn't know how to install or repair this boilers. You didn't ask enough questions and were trying to save some money now I had been call to fix over 50 Navien boilers last year because they hire someone that just wasn't to make some money and don't know how to trouble shoot them and 95% of them are wrongly installed. I had service all models and brands and they all will give you problems at some point in life. The only equipment out there that never gave any problem went out of business 60 years ago cause they couldn't sell any parts..

Date created: 2018-04-10 Name: Steven Meko
Location: New Jersey

"Very unsatisfied- don't buy"
Replaced our reliable 60 year old oil burner with Navien- gas and hot water system. Has not worked right since the beginning. Now have it 18 mos and it's failed completely. Every time it needs a part- it must be ordered from the company and shipped to receive the next day which is ridiculous. There should be a way techs and homeowners have access to parts as needed. Tired of cold showers. Should've kept my old furnace and hot water heater. Completely unsatisfied and would not recommend.
Date created: 2018-03-03 Name: James Henninger
Location: Pennsylvania

"Don't waste your money"
Well I usually don't write reviews one way or another but hopefully this will save someone some headaches.. I replaced my full size boiler and water heater with a ch240 navien combi boiler about 5 years 2 months ago.. The five years I have owned it has broken down at least once a winter.. Their trouble shooting consists of ordering parts and hoping for the best.. No one local stocks the parts so you order their best suggestion, wait two days after paying more for shipping then the part itself, install part, call back navien and get the next part they recommend for fixing it.. I usually had fixed it myself but I did have techs out 3 times who knew no more about the unit then I did.. Same thing, call navien, follow their suggestions and hope for the best.. Finally after being out of warranty two months the heat exchangers top plate had corroded and lifted causing air fuel ratio to no longer be correct and leaking carbon monoxide.. Unit is now garbage..Save your money for something better, we still have a month or two of the heating season left and I decided to let my gas fireplace handle the job until I can afford something good..
Date created: 2018-02-12 Name: Parijat Sharma
Location: Chicago, IL

"Unreliable and Terrible After Sales Service"
The unit is very hard to install, and their dealer network is very immature. The unit broke down in the middle of a Chicago winter, but none of their dealers carried the 3-way valve. Navien can't ship out a part on Saturdays, even in winter. When finally, they could ship a part on Monday, they can't expedite the shipping and can only ship standard- overnight. Calling them doesn't help - they just shrug their shoulders and that too quite rudely. We are without heat for several days because they can't get after-sales service to do any better. The unit is less than 5 years old. This after, it took them 3-4 months to get the installation right in the first place.
Date created: 2018-01-19 Name: Mr Johnson
Location: Minnesota

"Navien = Quietside"
I had a horrible experience with Quietside now a Navien. I should have done my homework and realized that they were made by the same manufacturer. My boiler guys tell me stick to the tried and true Triangle or similar brands
Date created: 2018-01-02 Name: Lane E. Olson
Location: Wasilla, AK

"Very unsatisfied, unit defective, warranty not honored"
This is a poorly designed unit for Alaska, within months of installation, the three way valve quit and a new one installed, then the pump stopped working and Navien refused to honor their warranty on parts. Representative said the unit was not installed properly, the service person took a picture of the installation and texted it to the representative and asked how it was installed improperly and the rep would not reply. We have invoices of over $1000,00 in repairs this unit has cost us. The pressure sensor unit quite and cost $431.00 additional and we then had the unit replaced with another brand. If there is a class action suit pending, I want to part of it.
Date created: 2017-12-30 Name: S. Ray
Location: Longs Island, NY

"STAY AWAY FROM THIS DISASTER OF A BOILER"
3.5 years ago did an oil to gas conversion. The contracting firm said to go with Navien as they are very efficient. Perhaps when they are able to actually run. It's been a nightmare so far. Internal valve failures, error codes, etc. And now, during the coldest weather in many years we have been without heat for 3 days. Still waiting for a 3-way valve to arrive so the technician can rip out a bunch of parts in front of where it's located to replace (way in the back of unit). How can this part not be readily available in the ny Metro area? And the fact that, even though the $45 part is covered under warranty, I will be paying the hourly installation for this as well. I am seriously considering junking this piece of garbage and buying a more reliable (and better designed/maintainable) unit. Stay the heck away from this thing!!!!!!
Date created: 2017-12-06 Name: Michael veves
Location: Haverhill, MA

"Unbelieveable so far. I've already contacted a lawyer. I see a lawsuit coming against Navien, the installer or both."
Nothing has worked correctly. There's been human error upon installation. A part was not working in the system. Navien will be out of business this continues.
Date created: 2017-12-02 Name: Tony
Location: Taunton, MA

"Navien is a nightmare."
I had three combi boilers installed 4 years ago. Two of them have been replaced. The heat exchangers corroded and leaked. The third one is leaking, but still going. Now I am having issues with the first one that was replaced -ncb. I spend almost $6000 in replacement costs, but I am, still, not satisfied. I regret buying this equipment.
Date created: 2017-11-21 Name: Elizabeth Sakarellos
Location: Greenport, NY

"Company policy stinks"
I am writing out of frustration. I had to replace my unit because of a bad heat exchanger. My house was built in 2013 so the unit was only 4 years old. Navien replaced the boiler but since my labor warranty was only for one year I had to pay $1000 to the plumber to put the new one in. I called to register the new boiler and was told that this one will pick up the warranties where the old one left off. So I asked if this one craps out on me say in a few months I will have to pay for the labor again and the response was yes I will have to pay for the labor. Who has heard of such bad company policy. I wonder if there is a class action suit against this company.