Consumer Reviews of Navien boilers

• NCB (14 reviews)
  • NHB (3 reviews)

Date created: 2018-01-02 Name: Lane E. Olson
Location: Wasilla, AK

"very unsatisfied, unit defective, warranty not honored"
This is a poorly designed unit for Alaska, within months of installation, the three way valve quit and a new one installed, then the pump stopped working and Navien refused to honor their warranty on parts. Representative said the unit was not installed properly, the service person took a picture of the installation and texted it to the representative and asked how it was installed improperly and the rep would not reply. We have invoices of over $1000,00 in repairs this unit has cost us. The pressure sensor unit quite and cost $431.00 additional and we then had the unit replaced with another brand. If there is a class action suit pending, I want to part of it.

Date created: 2017-12-30 Name: S. Ray
Location: Longs Island, NY

"STAY AWAY FROM THIS DISASTER OF A BOILER"
3.5 years ago did an oil to gas conversion. The contracting firm said to go with Navien as they are very efficient. Perhaps when they are able to actually run. It's been a nightmare so far. Internal valve failures, error codes, etc. And now, during the coldest weather in many years we have been without heat for 3 days. Still waiting for a 3-way valve to arrive so the technician can rip out a bunch of parts in front of where it's located to replace (way in the back of unit). How can this part not be readily available in the ny Metro area? And the fact that, even though the $45 part is covered under warranty, I will be paying the hourly installation for this as well. I am seriously considering junking this piece of garbage and buying a more reliable (and better designed/maintainable) unit. Stay the heck away from this thing!!!!!!

Date created: 2017-12-06 Name: Michael veves
Location: Haverhill, MA

"Unbelieveable so far. I've already contacted a lawyer. I see a lawsuit coming against Navien, the installer or both."
Nothing has worked correctly. There's been human error upon installation. A part was not working in the system. Navien will be out of business this continues.

Date created: 2017-12-02 Name: Tony
Location: Taunton, MA

"Navien is a nightmare."
I had three combi boilers installed 4 years ago. Two of them have been replaced. The heat exchangers corroded and leaked. The third one is leaking, but still going. Now I am having issues with the first one that was replaced -ncb. I spend almost $6000 in replacement costs, but I am, still, not satisfied. I regret buying this equipment.

Date created: 2017-11-21 Name: Elizabeth Sakarellos
Location: Greenport, NY

"Company policy stinks"
I am writing out of frustration. I had to replace my unit because of a bad heat exchanger. My house was built in 2013 so the unit was only 4 years old. Navien replaced the boiler but since my labor warranty was only for one year I had to pay $1000 to the plumber to put the new one in. I called to register the new boiler and was told that this one will pick up the warranties where the old one left off. So I asked if this one craps out on me say in a few months I will have to pay for the labor again and the response was yes I will have to pay for the labor. Who has heard of such bad company policy. I wonder if there is a class action suit against this company.

Date created: 2017-11-11 Name: Chris Baker
Location: Massapequa, NY

"Worst burner ever"
I have had the Navien combo burner for five years now. I have had problems every year since the installation. It shuts down for the slightest problem. I am sitting here freezing because iwhile installing a warranted part, another part was broken. Leaving me now with both no heat, nor hot water. Can't get the part for two more days. By the way, the part may be covered, but the installation of it is not - to the tune of $850! At this point I am ready to cut my losses and rip the thing out. Old burner that came with the house -30 years- no problems.

Date created: 2017-11-06 Name: Bob Ruscitto
Location: Barnstable, MA

"Unreliable"
Repeated failures involving no-heat or hot water. Three-way valve replaced twice in two years. Leaks anti freeze and water from overflow valves (pt?).

Date created: 2017-09-28 Name: Madeleine
Location: Boston, MA

"Do not buy a Navien"
I used a Navien trained licensed plumber to install 2 Navien ch-240n asme high efficiency hot water boiler combo in November 2011. Since the installation I have spent more than $1000 dollars in repairs, with one boiler failing once and the second one failing 4 times. We were left with no heat or hot water. Their trained plumbers who came out to address the issues failed to follow Navien protocols, resulting in me not being reimbursed for parts under used that were under warranty. Navien's position is the plumbers are independent contractors, and they are not responsible for their behavior or action. As a customer of Navien be prepared to be on your own if you have a problem with their product. I have not found Navien to be accommodating or sympathetic to my needs or concerns, do not buy this product!!!!! The follow ups are nightmares.

Date created: 2017-09-13 Name: Medi
Location: Greater Toronto Area, Canada

"It has a design problem with exhaust duct"
It was in old home that I bought and after checking some leakage smell find out that the internal exhaust duct is melted and has a big hole , I am an experienced engineer and know that there is a design problem with it , I do not know they solved it yet or no , but I could not recommend as obviously it is dangerous .

Date created: 2017-07-21 Name: Randy
Location: Connecticut

"Robbing Peter to pay Paul"
I've spend over 1000 dollars in the past 3 years since the new installation Apparently, though not yet determined, there was an incorrect install. Now I need to find yet another 'expert' technician- if one exists in my area. I'm sure there is, but wish I installed the 'tried and true' plain vanilla gas low efficiency boiler at this pot. It's a horse race of Navien vs bmw (my 535xi) who will succeed in extracting the most $ from my pocket.