Consumer Reviews of Navien boilers

Read more about Navien boilers

Date created: 2019-05-07 Name: Nanci
Location: New England

"Naiven SUCKS"
They don't stand behind their products. My friend got a lemon and they live in New England. It's freezing there and they have no hot water! No heat! They are dragging their feet about coming to take care of this piss poor boiler. Don't expect good customer service because it doesn't exist with Navien

Date created: 2019-03-22 Name: Eric M
Location: Troy, NY

"New System Plagued with problems"
We installed this over the holidays 2018-2019 for our commercial tenant. Poor instruction manual left out that you need to use a T stat that comes with a battery. After a long install period since we completely replaced 2 old natural draft boilers and one water heater with this system. After completion, it would not fire up. Called tech support and the only thing they were interested in was that I did not run a heating company so why did I install it? It was between the holidays, no one was available for under $25,000.00, oh yea and I have a HVAC degree, the guy who did the soldering is a welder, the wiring guy is a retired fireman and licensed electrician. But the focus wants on the bad product it was on me according to tech support. We got a local so-called Navian expert after some searching, and he replaced the gas valve after they overnight the part. It still didn't work. Then they replaced the board. It worked but we later found it wouldn't shut off when the weather got warmer. We lost thousands on lost rent and the "local expert's" repairs. They did not warranty any of our losses, I guess we should be grateful they didn't charge us for the parts that were faulty from the factory. Navien supposedly told our hired expert that " they were very upset about the nfb 200 boilers being shipped in such poor condition" as if this was supposed to make us feel better. Oh yea, and the local expert took hours to discover that this model must use a T stat with its own battery, that's why it didn't shut off. More money in repairs, and research time for the local expert to figure out on my dime. It is my first and last time investing in Navian products.
Date created: 2018-11-28 Name: Fisher
Location: New England

"Froze"
Frozen for the holidays. Visiting my family over the holidays in Winter. 11 days no heat. It took over a week just to get a small part and that was faulty. Another week without heat until the right part arrived. Don't buy one.
Date created: 2018-04-10 Name: Steven Meko
Location: New Jersey

"Very unsatisfied- don't buy"
Replaced our reliable 60 year old oil burner with Navien- gas and hot water system. Has not worked right since the beginning. Now have it 18 mos and it's failed completely. Every time it needs a part- it must be ordered from the company and shipped to receive the next day which is ridiculous. There should be a way techs and homeowners have access to parts as needed. Tired of cold showers. Should've kept my old furnace and hot water heater. Completely unsatisfied and would not recommend.
Date created: 2018-02-12 Name: Parijat Sharma
Location: Chicago, IL

"Unreliable and Terrible After Sales Service"
The unit is very hard to install, and their dealer network is very immature. The unit broke down in the middle of a Chicago winter, but none of their dealers carried the 3-way valve. Navien can't ship out a part on Saturdays, even in winter. When finally, they could ship a part on Monday, they can't expedite the shipping and can only ship standard- overnight. Calling them doesn't help - they just shrug their shoulders and that too quite rudely. We are without heat for several days because they can't get after-sales service to do any better. The unit is less than 5 years old. This after, it took them 3-4 months to get the installation right in the first place.
Date created: 2018-01-19 Name: Mr Johnson
Location: Minnesota

"Navien = Quietside"
I had a horrible experience with Quietside now a Navien. I should have done my homework and realized that they were made by the same manufacturer. My boiler guys tell me stick to the tried and true Triangle or similar brands
Date created: 2017-12-02 Name: Tony
Location: Taunton, MA

"Navien is a nightmare."
I had three combi boilers installed 4 years ago. Two of them have been replaced. The heat exchangers corroded and leaked. The third one is leaking, but still going. Now I am having issues with the first one that was replaced -ncb. I spend almost $6000 in replacement costs, but I am, still, not satisfied. I regret buying this equipment.
Date created: 2017-11-11 Name: Chris Baker
Location: Massapequa, NY

"Worst burner ever"
I have had the Navien combo burner for five years now. I have had problems every year since the installation. It shuts down for the slightest problem. I am sitting here freezing because iwhile installing a warranted part, another part was broken. Leaving me now with both no heat, nor hot water. Can't get the part for two more days. By the way, the part may be covered, but the installation of it is not - to the tune of $850! At this point I am ready to cut my losses and rip the thing out. Old burner that came with the house -30 years- no problems.
Date created: 2017-09-13 Name: Medi
Location: Greater Toronto Area, Canada

"It has a design problem with exhaust duct"
It was in old home that I bought and after checking some leakage smell find out that the internal exhaust duct is melted and has a big hole , I am an experienced engineer and know that there is a design problem with it , I do not know they solved it yet or no , but I could not recommend as obviously it is dangerous .
Date created: 2017-04-18 Name: P Roach
Location: New Jersey

"Terrible piece of garbage"
Over the last 3 years I have installed 3 different Navien combo boilers all on natural gas, they were installed in 2 rental properties and my home. All 3 have broken down multiple times one resulting in frozen pipes because it wouldn't got to high fire. The plumber I used is great and has spent many many no charge hours trouble shooting them. The manufacturer has been good at sending replacement parts at no charge but that's not the point. You cannot rely on the boiler to work and in the cold North East that can be a disaster 3 out 3. All duds