Consumer Reviews of Navien boilers

• NCB (2 reviews)

Date created: 2016-10-18 Name: Sandra Cristino
Location: Kelowna, BC, Canada

"Piece of $%#@&"
You'd better get a re-circulation line installed if you don't want to wait 5 minutes for hot water. What a waste of water! It takes 5 minutes to set to the right temperature when I take a shower and it has burned me numerous times.

Date created: 2016-07-23 Name: L. Rheeling
Location: Rantoul, IL

"Control board"
The first winter I had this, the control board had to be replaced twice. I don't have a lot of confidence for the coming winter. Also, sometimes I have to wait as long as 5 minutes to get hot water, and I have a very small house, so it doesn't travel far.

Date created: 2016-04-24 Name: E Johnson
Location: Boston, MA

"Absolute junk, do not buy a Navien!"
My Navien CH-180 is six years old and has cost me $3000 in repairs. Both heat and hot water have failed repeatedly. It's gotten to the point that I am replacing it, as it is so unreliable. Professionals in the business have told me, "Navien's turned out to be only ten year boilers with a lot of problems". Super expensive repairs too! Avoid this brand completely, it is complete and utter junk.

Date created: 2016-01-11 Name: phil ladd
Location: Altoona, IA

"Dsisatisfied - 3 years old and approximately 24 service calls"
Our combo unit was installed in 2010. It has never worked right. Dozens of service calls and can't get parts from a dealer, they have to come from California. We have been told that it is no longer being made. I rate it as junk.

Date created: 2016-01-04 Name: J waltonen
Location: Rhode Island

I had plumbers install my first Navien in 2010. This boiler started giving me problems three short years later, to the point where I had to unplug and plug it back in to get it to work..I spent lots of money on repairs. I also had to wait for parts because plumbing supply stores don't carry many parts for combi boilers. Spent countless hours on the phone with rude Navien personnel, finally received a new unit less than two years ago and had plumbing redone by a certified plumber...and now am having problems again. Wish I had stuck with my 25 year old boiler!

Date created: 2015-02-16 Location: Belmont, MA

"Very Happy with Navien On Demand Boiler"
I had this boiler installed 3 years ago after reading many positive and negative reviews. I was a little nervous but found a plumber with specific experience installing this type of boiler. I use the boiler for both on-demand hot water and heating for my house. This replaced a separate boiler and water tank system. My experience with it has been nothing but positive. It is very economical, low maintenance and the space saving over conventional boilers and tank is huge. My house is quite small so I got a lot of bonus storage space out of the conversion. My gas bills dropped significantly as I was not having to keep a water tank hot. The only negative is that it can be a little loud so it depending on placement that might be annoying. So far I have had to clean the filters but it has not required any other maintenance. I would definitely buy this boiler again and strongly recommend it to a friend. The only caveat being that you really need a good plumber that is specifically experienced with this boiler manufacturer. It is a very complex system and I read a lot about poor installations, which caused the homeowners a lot of problems. Thankfully my personal experience has been great.