Consumer Reviews of Navien boilers

Read more about Navien boilers

Date created: 2018-04-10 Name: Steven Meko
Location: New Jersey

"Very unsatisfied- don't buy"
Replaced our reliable 60 year old oil burner with Navien- gas and hot water system. Has not worked right since the beginning. Now have it 18 mos and it's failed completely. Every time it needs a part- it must be ordered from the company and shipped to receive the next day which is ridiculous. There should be a way techs and homeowners have access to parts as needed. Tired of cold showers. Should've kept my old furnace and hot water heater. Completely unsatisfied and would not recommend.

Date created: 2018-02-12 Name: Parijat Sharma
Location: Chicago, IL

"Unreliable and Terrible After Sales Service"
The unit is very hard to install, and their dealer network is very immature. The unit broke down in the middle of a Chicago winter, but none of their dealers carried the 3-way valve. Navien can't ship out a part on Saturdays, even in winter. When finally, they could ship a part on Monday, they can't expedite the shipping and can only ship standard- overnight. Calling them doesn't help - they just shrug their shoulders and that too quite rudely. We are without heat for several days because they can't get after-sales service to do any better. The unit is less than 5 years old. This after, it took them 3-4 months to get the installation right in the first place.
Date created: 2018-01-19 Name: Mr Johnson
Location: Minnesota

"Navien = Quietside"
I had a horrible experience with Quietside now a Navien. I should have done my homework and realized that they were made by the same manufacturer. My boiler guys tell me stick to the tried and true Triangle or similar brands
Date created: 2017-12-02 Name: Tony
Location: Taunton, MA

"Navien is a nightmare."
I had three combi boilers installed 4 years ago. Two of them have been replaced. The heat exchangers corroded and leaked. The third one is leaking, but still going. Now I am having issues with the first one that was replaced -ncb. I spend almost $6000 in replacement costs, but I am, still, not satisfied. I regret buying this equipment.
Date created: 2017-11-11 Name: Chris Baker
Location: Massapequa, NY

"Worst burner ever"
I have had the Navien combo burner for five years now. I have had problems every year since the installation. It shuts down for the slightest problem. I am sitting here freezing because iwhile installing a warranted part, another part was broken. Leaving me now with both no heat, nor hot water. Can't get the part for two more days. By the way, the part may be covered, but the installation of it is not - to the tune of $850! At this point I am ready to cut my losses and rip the thing out. Old burner that came with the house -30 years- no problems.
Date created: 2017-09-13 Name: Medi
Location: Greater Toronto Area, Canada

"It has a design problem with exhaust duct"
It was in old home that I bought and after checking some leakage smell find out that the internal exhaust duct is melted and has a big hole , I am an experienced engineer and know that there is a design problem with it , I do not know they solved it yet or no , but I could not recommend as obviously it is dangerous .
Date created: 2017-04-18 Name: P Roach
Location: New Jersey

"Terrible piece of garbage"
Over the last 3 years I have installed 3 different Navien combo boilers all on natural gas, they were installed in 2 rental properties and my home. All 3 have broken down multiple times one resulting in frozen pipes because it wouldn't got to high fire. The plumber I used is great and has spent many many no charge hours trouble shooting them. The manufacturer has been good at sending replacement parts at no charge but that's not the point. You cannot rely on the boiler to work and in the cold North East that can be a disaster 3 out 3. All duds
Date created: 2017-03-03 Name: PG
Location: Killington, VT

"DO NOT BUY A NAVIEN."
Nothing but one issue after another. No heat on freezing nights, no consistent hot water. Piece of crap. Do not get this furnace !!!!! Many many repairs, and no way to get parts or anyone who knows the system to fix it.
Date created: 2017-02-12 Name: Alex
Location: Massachusetts

"Navien boilers are horrible!!!"
As re developers we install around 15 Naviens over the past 4 years. Those boilers are the worse you could find. They are reasonable priced but this is an only positive thing about them. Quality and customer service beyond any understanding. We repaired 5 boilers and non of them had the same issue, always something different. I can write those stories on and on, but one conclusion you should follow - do not buy this.
Date created: 2016-12-27 Name: Dan C
Location: Shermans Dale, PA

"So far so good"
Had this unit for a little over a year now and am totally satisfied with it so far. Only had one issue a couple of weeks ago when I came home from work and the house was cold. Had an error code which the manual said that the filter was clogged. I just cleaned it not long ago and doubted it was clogged but checked any way and it was clean. So went outside to check the air intake and found an oak leaf stuck in the pvc grate over the intake pipe. Worked fine after removing. From December 2015 to December 2016 I spent about 600 dollars to heat my 2 story log home and domestic hot water. Used to heat with an outdoor wood stove with baseboard hot water. So it was pretty easy to hook up the Navien to the existing system. People complain about waiting for hot water. This system is faster than what I was used to waiting for hot water to come from my yard into my house! One piece of advice for anyone using propane. Buy your own tanks! I got two 500 gallon tanks now so I only have to buy propane once a year. Summer prices can be as low as .60 a gallon while winter price can be over 2.00 a gallon