Consumer Reviews of LOCHINVAR boilers

Read more about LOCHINVAR boilers

Date created: 2016-07-17 Name: Frank
Location: Biddeford, ME

"Garbage!"
Really? How can such a basic component be so unreliable? Our unit is three years old and began to malfunction shortly after installation. It just does not work. No one knows why. Ten service outages in the last six months! Crazy. I am going to scrap it. Stay away from this company.

Date created: 2016-06-11 Name: S.Post
Location: London, Ontario, Canada

"Unreliable!"
Nothing but trouble. Techs cannot sync the system so there are domestic hot water failures all the time, constantly for the last 8 months. . At the same time I work on other properties with ancient boiler systems that only require 2 service calls per year. What is up with this inferior, way overpriced, problematic hunk of junk? 13 service calls in the last 8 months.

Date created: 2016-05-16 Location: Cleveland, OH

"Dependable, affordable product"
I have had this same unit now for over 6 years. This has been the most reliable boiler I have ever owned. It has not had any type of mechanical issues in the length of time I have owned it. The only maintenance it requires is standard maintenance brought by normal use and wear and tear. When I purchase a boiler I am not usually concerned about price, and this boiler is an absolute bang for the buck. I would recommend this boiler system to anyone that is in the market to put in a new system, or replace an existing system. If I were to recommend any brand to anyone, Lochinvar would be at the top of my list. They displayed excellent customer service when I had questions about installation of the unit, as well as guidance as to what needed done in the line of maintaining the unit.

Date created: 2016-04-08 Name: BART DIMENTO
Location: Bridgeport, NY

"Bad heat exchanger"
After 6.5 years the heat exchanger needs to be replaced. I find this to be a very poor result. I do not recommend this boiler.

Date created: 2016-01-13 Name: Pastor
Location: Flint, MI

"1/13/16"
The heat exchanger has gone bad. Only had the unit for 9 years!

Date created: 2015-12-02 Location: Nashville, TN

"My boiler is very efficient. I love it!"
I have owned my Lochinvar boiler for about two years now. I really like how it is a safe source of heating and earth friendly, it produces all natural gas so it does not harm the environment. Plus, it has cleaner results than the other types of boilers that I had past experiences with. I don't have anything I dislike about it. The quality is very good and it lasts long. So far, so good, and I haven't had any repairs done yet! I would most definitely purchase this same brand again and also recommend it to my friends and family. I know that they will enjoy it because a lot of them do not have a natural gas boiler. Out with the old and in with the new! In my opinion, natural gas boilers are a greater choice for anyone who decides to switch it up and experience something different within their home.

Date created: 2015-10-23 Name: N J Alexander
Location: Eagle, CO

"Start up is critical"
I work for a company that has installed many hundreds of these, maybe thousands. As with any high efficiency equipment, the start up and maintenance are critical. After reading some of these reviews, it is obvious many of these issues are due to the installers not following the manufacturer's procedures to dial in air and gas pressures and mixtures. Nearly every one of these problem boilers are due to an ignorant or just plain incompetent installer and/or service "technician". We have had great success with them. In eight years with this company, I have yet to hear one negative comment from a home owner about these boilers.

Date created: 2015-09-20 Name: John D Brown
Location: Laketown, UT

"Awful"
We've had nothing but trouble since we had this installed in 2006. We have spent thousands on techs and parts trying to get it to work consistently. The company sent a rep early on, then ignored our calls. We're up in the mountains using this for heating and hot water, and it's incredibly frustrating. Never again. We will never buy a Lochinvar again. Terrible product.

Date created: 2015-07-16 Name: smith
Location: Detroit, MI

"Beware of electrical issues"
Installed by a professional contractor in fall 2012 in Michigan. During the first cold weather it went red "Lock Out". The error code indicated an issue with temperature measurement. The installer was not much help. Knowing a little about electronics and motivated by the freezing weather, I started investigating the internals while waiting for Lochinvar and the installer to get together. Figured out that they used computer (pc) style connectors without any special contact coatings for the boards. Tried unplugging/plugging connectors (w/no power to unit) to clean up contacts and found that the temperature sensor was suddenly repaired. Lochinvar rep (talked to directly) confirmed that a bad connection could cause the observed error. Have had several lockout errors since. Each time, (after disconnecting power), I remove and reseat the cable connectors to the board (sensor one in particular). This has fixed the lockouts 100% so far. In fact, for 2015, I 'shined up' the connectors in November--no lockouts all winter. Seems to happen more when unit is turned on after being off and/or basement has been moist. Go figure. When it runs, it uses much less gas energy than the previous furnace, although the circulation pump runs all the time--need a low energy one of these to go with the furnace!

Date created: 2015-03-10 Location: Miami, FL

"One of the best boilers i have ever owned!"
The Lochinvar brand's Crest Condensing boiler line is an essential piece to our household. We've recently bought this and i could honestly say that i have never had a problem with this boiler and it seems to effortlessly do an amazing job time after time. On top of it all, it has a really solid, reliable, dependable, and durably respectable design. We've had many different brands before but this is by far the most stylish and economical one i have had the pleasure of owning. It has really up to date technology built right into the design and no one in the house really pays much attention to it or even probably knows what it does or why it exists. But it's benefit's are essential. Thumbs up for the Lochinvar's Crest Condensing boiler! Once again i am a happy customer willing to return and do business again with them in the future.