Consumer Reviews of LAARS boilers

Read more about LAARS boilers

Date created: 2010-12-06 Name: David I Potter
Location: New York State

"Teledyne Laars Boilers"
I would highly recommend NOT BUYING any Laars boilers for any purpose. Long story, but the current Vice President of Sales & Marketing for Laars designed and helped installed our home unit. He at that time (1997) had sold his heating and plumbing business in the N.Y.State area and was in the process of moving out to California to become a vice president of Teledyne/Laars out there. While still involved with the local business, he, I believe was "playing around" trying to learn more about hydronic heating and used our new home construction as a trial system. Knowing full well he was leaving and would not have to bother with it, plus I am sure to make some extra money by selling what ever he could(on his way out). It was a huge disaster. The system through poor boiler design and his system design was left running 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. It went through a 500 gallon tank of gas in less than 4 weeks during moderate outside temps. I had to finally contact a Teledyne Rep myself about the problem and he forced the local business to make good with over a thousand dollars worth of repairs, more parts and work. But mean time the designer had left. It was a BIG MESS and many hard feelings. Now years later the house has been sold twice and the new owner can not get any help in trying to work on the Laars boiler. I am just trying to help the new owner and I have been told that most boiler businesses in the area have stopped carrying the Laars boilers because of all the problems with them. The ones that do, really have no market reps to help them out with problems. (So why would anyone buy them at all???. If the company can't stand behind them) My opinion, I would highly recomend not dealing with any company that even carries the Laars brand. Also, in my opinion, if a company would not service their own product, or help people out that have one of their products, seems they have found a perfect match with this Vice President of Sales and Marketing. A person that designes crap, is also trying to sell crap and not worry about any service. But mean time, I am sure on a Vice President's salary, he is living VERY comfortably and not at all concerned about the way he does business or the position he puts his product's owners in.

Date created: 2010-05-05 Name: Ken

"Laars HH715 Might Therm Hydronic Boiler"
We have a Laars hh715 Mighty Therm heating a 12 suite apartment building. It rarely makes it through a winter without service calls and the heating bills are the same as our antique cast iron boiler building. I would not buy one again.

Date created: 2010-03-29 Name: T. Devaney

"MINI THERM ll"
A 15 year headache with a 20 year comprehensive worthless warranty. Gas company didn't have a clue on how to repair it. Local plumbers made things worse after repair. To list of parts replaced would just be silly. I have spent more much in repairs as the unit cost new.

Date created: 2010-02-07 Name: D. Lajoie

"Laars endurance edp"
Control problems from the start. (have put in hundred of repair dollars). Not nearly as economical as expected.