Consumer Reviews of Heat Transfer Products boilers

<< Previous16171819202122232425

Date created: 2008-06-17 Name: Robert Tehle
Location: Billings, MT

"Robert tehle"
I just can't afford the incompetence of the munchkin line. They never have parts or answers to tell me what to do when its 10 below and I have no heat or hot water. There is clearly a problem with the combustion blower and the board. I just can't wait for a lawyer to get a hold of them and put them out in the cold. I finally replaced the unit with another manufacturer.

Date created: 2008-04-22 Name: Frank Brienzo
Location: Sioux City, Iowa

I have two Contender boilers supplying the hot water for an in-floor heating system, all my faucets and the heat for back up furnaces. The two Contender boilers have been terribly unreliable. The longest period they have run without failing to ignite is three weeks. I have had repeated maintenance to no avail. I am considering litigation to force complete replacement or installation of a different system. My local dealers have supposedly gotten factory help but cannot solve the problems.

Date created: 2008-03-18 Name: Dave Carie
Location: Southern Illinois

Biggest P.O.S. I have purchased in a long while. If you need it to survive put your money in another brand.

Date created: 2008-03-17 Name: Bill Bahlman
Location: Minnesota

I have a Munchkin t-80 with Super Stor combo. Can not make it through a season with out having trouble with this boiler. At this time three days now no heat, no hot water. At least once a week have to reset unit after I wake up and house is cold. I have spent over $1000 in parts and labor. I am wondering now if I should start over and get the old conventional boiler. I would never recommend Munchkin period.

Date created: 2007-05-06 Name: E. Bayles
Location: Ithaca, NY

Very efficient unit. I also have their hot water heater (the Phase II I think it is called). A couple of small issues (a little condensation leak that fixed itself being one), but basically trouble free. It's the unit my plumber put in his own house, so I figured I couldn't go too far wrong.

Date created: 2007-03-08 Name: Jim Yost
Location: Big Timber,Mt.

I have had this boiler for 3 years. In that time I have replaced two control boards and one blower motor, which cost me $750.00. It has gone out more times than I can count, leaving us with a cold house and no hot water!! If anyone ever asks me about a Munchkin boiler I would tell them what a piece of junk it is!! I am a contracter and I build mostly custom homes -- not one of them will ever have a Munchkin!! -Jim Yost, Big Timber, Mt.

<< Previous16171819202122232425