Consumer Reviews of HTP boilers

<< Previous1415161718192021222324Next >>

Date created: 2008-11-18 Name: D. Schutt
Location: Hastings, MN

"Munchkin 140MR@"
The unit has needed constant repair since new. Units repaired or replace include: Main circuit board, control unit board and relay switches, boiler control, compressor fan. I just stuck another $1,040 into this unit in August of 2008, and as of 11-18-08 the unit is malfunctioning again and inoperable.

Date created: 2008-11-17 Name: K. Muelder
Location: Spokane, Washington

"Horrible Unit! Consstant Problems"
I purchased a Munchkin Boiler and was promised exceptional quality and reduced heating bills. Nothing could be further from the truth. I have had problems since installation and paid over $8,000 in costs. My utility bill was the highest ever last winter and the pipes in my home rattle and keep us up all night. Never buy this boiler!

Date created: 2008-11-15 Name: M Mason
Location: MI

"Don't do the Munchkin!"
This boiler has been nothing but trouble! This boiler has had sensor issues, switch issues, blower issues, and leaking rusty water all over my floor. I have had to have the service guy out at least 3 times per year dropping $$ right and left for parts and labor. I am tired of this thing tripping out forcing me to take cold showers in a cold house.

Date created: 2008-10-16 Name: Bruce Lyon
Location: Hancock, Michigan

"Munchkin boiler troubles"
We have had on Munchin boiler replaced because it kept tripping out. The new upgraded boiler is better but still trips out with power outagages and with country line surges and does not re-start.

Date created: 2008-09-06 Name: LJ
Location: Burlington, WI

"Munchkin 140"
Going into our third year with the Munchkin, running radiant floors, forced air and domestic hot water. Have not had a hint of trouble. I did my homework....This is not dad's old cast iron boiler...it needs to be installed right, not by some guy working out of his garage. Make sure your installer is factory trained.

Date created: 2008-08-11 Name: J. Thelen

"Munchkin"
We purchased the furnace because of the sales rep. and price. So far the unit has not failed, but the installation was subpar. Exhaust duct work, wiring, and gas connections were poorly done. I think the poor workmanship is done on purpose to generate more service calls. I believe the entire furnace service industry is less than honest. It is really "buyer beware" market. If you can find a trustworthy furnace tech your odds for satisfaction will increase. Good luck,

Date created: 2008-06-17 Name: Robert Tehle
Location: Billings, MT

"Robert tehle"
I just can't afford the incompetence of the munchkin line. They never have parts or answers to tell me what to do when its 10 below and I have no heat or hot water. There is clearly a problem with the combustion blower and the board. I just can't wait for a lawyer to get a hold of them and put them out in the cold. I finally replaced the unit with another manufacturer.

Date created: 2008-04-22 Name: Frank Brienzo
Location: Sioux City, Iowa

I have two Contender boilers supplying the hot water for an in-floor heating system, all my faucets and the heat for back up furnaces. The two Contender boilers have been terribly unreliable. The longest period they have run without failing to ignite is three weeks. I have had repeated maintenance to no avail. I am considering litigation to force complete replacement or installation of a different system. My local dealers have supposedly gotten factory help but cannot solve the problems.

Date created: 2008-03-18 Name: Dave Carie
Location: Southern Illinois

Biggest P.O.S. I have purchased in a long while. If you need it to survive put your money in another brand.

Date created: 2008-03-17 Name: Bill Bahlman
Location: Minnesota

I have a Munchkin t-80 with Super Stor combo. Can not make it through a season with out having trouble with this boiler. At this time three days now no heat, no hot water. At least once a week have to reset unit after I wake up and house is cold. I have spent over $1000 in parts and labor. I am wondering now if I should start over and get the old conventional boiler. I would never recommend Munchkin period.

<< Previous1415161718192021222324Next >>