Consumer Reviews of HTP boilers

<< Previous1415161718192021222324Next >>

Date created: 2008-12-22 Name: Peter Rauert
Location: Grantham, NH

"Munchkin Migraines"
I had the Munchkin installed in my new construction home and have not had a single heating season without at least 2 service calls. Constant f09, f10, f11 error codes and while well-intentioned, the service techs can never seem to figure out the issues. Seems to happen with increased frequency with extreme cold temps. Have replaced fan unit, control board, and various other components with return of failures almost immediately. Has gotten so frustrating that I just ordered a competitor's system after my 3rd service call this season. I am done with Munchkin and Heat Transfer Products. Saw a post about a class action lawsuit.... sign me up.

Date created: 2008-12-10 Name: A. Tannenbaum
Location: Amble, PA

"Disgusted"
Our Munhkin boiler was installed in December 2005. The blower motor went in 2007, and although it was still under warranty, they (Heat Transfer) claimed that the part was "pro-rated" so I didn't get full payment for the cost of the new blower unit. That cost me almost $500. Now (Dec 2008)the unit vibrates violently for about 15 sec every time gas is released to ignite the flame...it may be a bad gas valve. I can't imagine how much that's going to be. I don't trust this unit and am contemplating getting estimates for a more reliable boiler. Anyone interested in a class action law suit? I have read other munchkin horror stories and would like to further investigate if these units are lemons.
Date created: 2008-12-02 Name: Stone Cold
Location: Whitethorn, CA

"Cold house"
I'm an Electrical Contractor with 30 years of experience. The munchkin boiler is junk .I have installed and wired and serviced many units over 30 years and never have run into more of a piece of junk . The manufacture is no help they admit there is a problem all around the country with these locking out fo9 .They have claimed it to be dirty gas? They have admitted it to myself and my plumber who also has an engineering degree so we are very qualified to repair install and work on our unit 3 years with problems every winter no hot water and no heat just wont fire off .I have a big pile of carbon looking like coffee grounds that come out of this heater every six months. So in summary don't buy a munchkin or any other heat transfer products
Date created: 2008-11-18 Name: D. Schutt
Location: Hastings, MN

"Munchkin [email protected]"
The unit has needed constant repair since new. Units repaired or replace include: Main circuit board, control unit board and relay switches, boiler control, compressor fan. I just stuck another $1,040 into this unit in August of 2008, and as of 11-18-08 the unit is malfunctioning again and inoperable.
Date created: 2008-11-17 Name: K. Muelder
Location: Spokane, Washington

"Horrible Unit! Consstant Problems"
I purchased a Munchkin Boiler and was promised exceptional quality and reduced heating bills. Nothing could be further from the truth. I have had problems since installation and paid over $8,000 in costs. My utility bill was the highest ever last winter and the pipes in my home rattle and keep us up all night. Never buy this boiler!
Date created: 2008-11-15 Name: M Mason
Location: MI

"Don't do the Munchkin!"
This boiler has been nothing but trouble! This boiler has had sensor issues, switch issues, blower issues, and leaking rusty water all over my floor. I have had to have the service guy out at least 3 times per year dropping $$ right and left for parts and labor. I am tired of this thing tripping out forcing me to take cold showers in a cold house.
Date created: 2008-10-16 Name: Bruce Lyon
Location: Hancock, Michigan

"Munchkin boiler troubles"
We have had on Munchin boiler replaced because it kept tripping out. The new upgraded boiler is better but still trips out with power outagages and with country line surges and does not re-start.
Date created: 2008-09-06 Name: LJ
Location: Burlington, WI

"Munchkin 140"
Going into our third year with the Munchkin, running radiant floors, forced air and domestic hot water. Have not had a hint of trouble. I did my homework....This is not dad's old cast iron boiler...it needs to be installed right, not by some guy working out of his garage. Make sure your installer is factory trained.
Date created: 2008-08-11 Name: J. Thelen

"Munchkin"
We purchased the furnace because of the sales rep. and price. So far the unit has not failed, but the installation was subpar. Exhaust duct work, wiring, and gas connections were poorly done. I think the poor workmanship is done on purpose to generate more service calls. I believe the entire furnace service industry is less than honest. It is really "buyer beware" market. If you can find a trustworthy furnace tech your odds for satisfaction will increase. Good luck,
Date created: 2008-06-17 Name: Robert Tehle
Location: Billings, MT

"Robert tehle"
I just can't afford the incompetence of the munchkin line. They never have parts or answers to tell me what to do when its 10 below and I have no heat or hot water. There is clearly a problem with the combustion blower and the board. I just can't wait for a lawyer to get a hold of them and put them out in the cold. I finally replaced the unit with another manufacturer.
<< Previous1415161718192021222324Next >>