Consumer Reviews of HTP boilers

Read more about HTP boilers

<< Previous131415161718192021222324Next >>

Date created: 2009-01-17 Name: Garry
Location: Frostburg, MD

"Muchkin - constant repairs and expensive ones at that"
Here I sit for the third time since having the Munchkin installed. It is -4 and the thing is not functioning. It is Saturday and I have been without heat since returning home last evening finding the furnace not working and the temperature at 50 in the house. I had a service person from the installer come out and he couldn't figure out what the problem was. He said that the company would send someone else out in the morning. Well at about 9:00 the next couple of repairmen came from the installer. They came to the same conclusion as the first - they didn't know what was wrong. They went away to contact the owner of the company. He proclaimed the virtues of the Munchkin when it was first installed but now he doesn't even install parts for them nor does he install them. I have been told that the parts will have to be ordered to replace things until they find the problem and maybe be able to fix the furnace. It is still -4 and isn't going to get any warmer in the near future. That means that the house will probably go well below freezing and pipes will begin to freeze. I am sorry that I purchased the Munchkin and will replace it if it lasts through the winter. I feel that I will have to cut the losses of future repairs and purchae something that is a bit more reliable - if I can find something like that.

Date created: 2009-01-15 Name: John D.
Location: Fairfield, CT

"WOW"
I am searching for an on demand boiler system, and was leaning towards a Munchkin big time. But after reading all of these negative reviews, I will not be going in this direction. Question is, which brand to go with? Any suggestions?

Date created: 2009-01-10 Name: Mark Benavides
Location: Ottawa, IL

"What a POS!!"
New install of Munchkin ~5 years ago. It's had numerous repairs, knocking and pinging, shaking the radiators. I thought I was alone until I stumbled onto this thread. Munchkin should have a class action lawsuit for foisting this piece of crap on the public. I'm so steamed (no pun intended) about this. I had different HVAC person look at system (thinking perhaps I had the village idiots install this) and he thinks the 190 degree running temp and constant flow of water (from blown pressure valves) introduced air and water (wasn't acting like closed system), and calcified deposits result in inadaquete water flow and steam production. I have since switched to different brand boiler. Call me 11k poorer but I can sleep at night without the radiators pounding.

Date created: 2009-01-10 Name: K. Coady
Location: Wrentham, MA

"This is a Joke"
The worst. Once it gets below 30 degrees, get the blankets out and prepare for an ice cold shower. This thing is plain awful.

Date created: 2009-01-05 Name: Dave A.
Location: Fairfield, CT

"Nothing but trouble"
Have a 400k btu Boiler, Master Circuit board replaced. Blower replaced. Dead key pad. Multiple outages and f06 failures. Company blames the installation. Says there is bad plumbing after it worked for 1.5 years. Extreme cold seems to affect the boiler. More to follow as we are off to a hotel as it is too cold.

Date created: 2008-12-24 Name: d. popp
Location: Osage, IA

"Owner"
We have had trouble with this brand from day 1, no help from company personal at all just show up and hold your hand, the plumber just feels terrible that he suggested a munchkin boiler. we will be replaceing it with another brand this winter.

Date created: 2008-12-22 Name: Steven - Beltline Heating
Location: MI

"MUNCHKIN BOILERS"
I sell and Install the Munchkin boiler line and repair other company installs. If you are having problems with your Munchkin boiler 90% of the problems are related to the install or the person doing poor maintenance. If you have to reset the f09 lock out it usually due to a Plugged drain line or the boiler is tipped forward instead of tipped slightly toward the back. Munchkin has had problems with the drain lines. The new units have solved this problem. If you are loosing the blower unit it is usually caused by reversion of the exhaust gasses. High eff. boilers can not suck in their exhaust gasses - It will cause damage to the boiler. No high eff. boiler is maintenance free. I have 33 years installing and servicing boilers.

Date created: 2008-12-22 Name: Peter Rauert
Location: Grantham, NH

"Munchkin Migraines"
I had the Munchkin installed in my new construction home and have not had a single heating season without at least 2 service calls. Constant f09, f10, f11 error codes and while well-intentioned, the service techs can never seem to figure out the issues. Seems to happen with increased frequency with extreme cold temps. Have replaced fan unit, control board, and various other components with return of failures almost immediately. Has gotten so frustrating that I just ordered a competitor's system after my 3rd service call this season. I am done with Munchkin and Heat Transfer Products. Saw a post about a class action lawsuit.... sign me up.

Date created: 2008-12-10 Name: A. Tannenbaum
Location: Amble, PA

"Disgusted"
Our Munhkin boiler was installed in December 2005. The blower motor went in 2007, and although it was still under warranty, they (Heat Transfer) claimed that the part was "pro-rated" so I didn't get full payment for the cost of the new blower unit. That cost me almost $500. Now (Dec 2008)the unit vibrates violently for about 15 sec every time gas is released to ignite the flame...it may be a bad gas valve. I can't imagine how much that's going to be. I don't trust this unit and am contemplating getting estimates for a more reliable boiler. Anyone interested in a class action law suit? I have read other munchkin horror stories and would like to further investigate if these units are lemons.

Date created: 2008-12-02 Name: Stone Cold
Location: Whitethorn, CA

"Cold house"
I'm an Electrical Contractor with 30 years of experience. The munchkin boiler is junk .I have installed and wired and serviced many units over 30 years and never have run into more of a piece of junk . The manufacture is no help they admit there is a problem all around the country with these locking out fo9 .They have claimed it to be dirty gas? They have admitted it to myself and my plumber who also has an engineering degree so we are very qualified to repair install and work on our unit 3 years with problems every winter no hot water and no heat just wont fire off .I have a big pile of carbon looking like coffee grounds that come out of this heater every six months. So in summary don't buy a munchkin or any other heat transfer products

<< Previous131415161718192021222324Next >>