Consumer Reviews of HTP boilers

Read more about HTP boilers

<< Previous1112131415161718192021222324Next >>

Date created: 2009-05-31 Name: Rich Swatton

"Munchkin Problems"
These boilers are very efficient.The problem is they need to be serviced by qualified technitions. All Modulating Condencing boilers have to be serviced at least every 2 years no matter what manufactuer.I Service over 900 boilers a year.My customers all had similar experiances. Now they are trouble free. Most of the problems are caused by lack of servic and poor instalations.

Date created: 2009-05-29 Name: Steven Whitbeck

"Steven - BELTLINE HEATING"
Kieth - You need to read more of what has been written. Cleaning or replacing the electrodes does not fix the f09 problem. I would bet that your boiler is sitting on the floor. Your drain line is plugged. When was the last time a Munchkin qualified service person cleaned your boiler. no warranty - that is a joke - Yes the boiler has some inherrant problems - usually caused by improper installation or lack of proper maintenance. Munchkin stands behind their product. Maybe you need to find a service company that knows how to do warranty work. I have seen Munchkin replace boilers that were obviously damaged by the customer or installer. Again if you are having the F09 fault code the solution is not to clean or replace the flame rod. clear out the drain and clean the heat exchanger including between the fins of the heat exchanger. Also did your installer set the burner combustion. It should be set at 100 PPM of carbon monoxide. Also look at your gas valve is it nice and shiney or is it dull. I am betting it is dull. That means that the exhaust pipe is too close to the intake pipe and the exhaust gasses are getting drawn back into the intake. This reversion WILL destroy the burner motor and eventually the boiler controller.

Date created: 2009-05-25 Name: Keith Rounds

"Contractor / home owner"
This boiler is the poorest manufactured product that I have every encountered. No warranty, no company backup, the failures are daily. I wished that someone would sue the maker of this product for failure to build a reliable boiler. Since we have used this boiler we have educated our entire family on how the fix the f09 code failure. This boiler is also used to heat our demestic water supply---bad idea, ha. My fourteen year old daughter is very capable of desmantling the cover and removing the sensors that have failed. Year to date the failure rate is 3-4 time weekly, sometimes daily. But what is a person to do. So if any of you have this junk please know I feel for you and your family. My friend had to replace his twice now...First on warranty...2nd time he went to another quality manufacturer.

Date created: 2009-04-25 Name: MUNCHKIN

"NO NAMES"
If you wont put your name on your rating then I figure you are here for one reason only and that is to bash Munchkin. If the plastic fan goes bad then you have reversion. Fix it. If you have constant problems with your Munchkin boiler then get a new servece man because yours doesn't know what he is doing when it comes to mod/con boilers.

Date created: 2009-03-31 Name: MUNCHKIN

"Munchkin Boiler POS"
I bought the boiler on sale from a local supplier. Just 4 years in, 1 year after the warranty, the plastic finned blower exploded and showered the burner with plastic parts which then melted. The repairman from a local boiler repair firm reinstalled the burner after cleaning it out without a new gasket. I am trying to repair it now that I have discovered the shoddy work and am simply considering a new boiler. I installed the original cast iron 20 years ago and helped with the install of this one. I know all the guidelines were follwed down to using one of their venting systems which I now see blamed for the failures in some of the postings. The original used boiler worked flawlessly for 15 years until I got this one. What a mistake to change it.

Date created: 2009-03-27 Name: MUNCHKIN

"Recalled for good reason"
This unit is such a piece of junk that my repairman, who did not install it, told me the company recalled these units about 5 or 6 years ago. He's had great difficulty locating repair parts and when he does that are very expensive. Today, is the last straw. This is the second time in 7 weeks that it has failed. Repair parts were located at a dealer 2500 miles away and they want over $1900. Part failures have nothing to with installation. It has to do with QUALITY, which is obviously lacking

Date created: 2009-03-12 Name: Chuck Mac
Location: Boston, MA

"Munchkin"
Sorry to hear of all these troubles, I install Munchkin boilers on a regular basis. I have attended all the schools to learn how to install and set up these high eff. boilers. You never convince me these problems are other then improper installations. Most plumbers out there can't install standard heating equipment properly, let alone these new condensing boilers. I suggest you all open up your manuals turn to page 72 and check the results of your start up report. Then turn to pages 73 and 74 and review the boiler inspection and maintenance schedule. If these pages have not been filled out then your system was not started up correctly. Chances are it was not installed properly either

Date created: 2009-03-07 Name: Keith Rounds
Location: Brookings, South Dakota

"Keith Rounds"
This Muchkin boiler is a joke. 500 plus failers of all kinds. they replaced it once aready. Second unit work with less reliablity. My 14 yr old daughter is an expert at fixing f09 by herself. We do our daily rectual of checking the Muchkin for failures every am be fore showers. Ours, lucky for us, is also the unit that sometime provides our domestic hot water. I went to a home show in Lincoln Ne last week. I walked by the Lennox booth and they asked who familair I was with boiler heat. I said I have a Munchkin. They quickly in unison "you're th f09 bunch I'll bet" I have two friends in town that call me regularly about this junk pile. I wished the company would grow some balls and take if off my hands. My next door neighbor has another brand and laughs at me regularly about this boiler.

Date created: 2009-02-28 Name: Steve
Location: NE Metropolitan, NY

"Muchkin 140M & SSU-60"
Have 1st ver. Munchkin 140m & ssu 60 : have had zero issues w/ it since install. The installer was very knowledgeable. It has been "bullet- proof". It has saved me atleast 40% (therms) since install which here in the ne has amounted to bills being approx. $200 less per month. The hot water from the indirect is w/o question the way to go. never run out of water in this house w/ wife, 3 kids and everyone taking showers in the am. Interestingly just talked to my installer yesterday whom says he has at most 1-2 calls/yr for repair/troubleshooting per season, and he has put in about 100 units total. I will, without question, put one in my other house next year b/c of my satisfaction.

Date created: 2009-02-27 Name: T. Mednick Services
Location: New Haven, CT

"T. Mednick Services New Haven Connecticut"
I have installed well over 200 Munchkin boiler in the past 3 years. I can count on less than one hand the number of call backs I have had. These are great boilers. I have had to replace 2 boilers that were not piped right by other contractors one was 5 years old and Heat Transfer did not only supply me with a new boiler but also paid me for my labor.

<< Previous1112131415161718192021222324Next >>