Consumer Reviews of Heat Transfer Products boilers

Read more about Heat Transfer Products boilers

<< Previous10111213141516171819202122232425Next >>

Date created: 2009-12-15 Name: B. Stork

"Works good"
I've owned this unit for 7 years and never had a problem just now. It is starting to not fire. I've done little maintenance like keeping it clean and keeping the drain tube clear. From reading other reviews, I believe it is time for me to find a knowledgeable technician familiar with them.

Date created: 2009-12-15 Name: Slamont

"Fixed for now"
I finally got through to Gary at Heat Transfer Products in Freetown MA. He walked us through the steps to fix the problem. The circuit board wasn't sending the right voltage to the gas valve. However, it didn't show up when he tested it but it did malfunction when under a real load. After that, we got the f09 code. One of the technical supports said to put your hand to cover the fan shroud and it would go away, which it did. So for the time being, we put a piece of furnace filter to restrict intake. The unit was running too lean. He said that the combustion should be set with a combustion analyzer when installed. I scheduled a cleaning with a friend of mine that usually serviced oil burners. He contacted Gary and was talked through the process and everything works well now. We were able to remove the filter after it got dialed in. I hope this info helps someone. I did have a hard time finding this simple info. They should inform installers that this thing needs to be tuned up not just put together upon install.

Date created: 2009-11-26 Name: chris

"NOTHING BUT TROUBLE"
We had a Munchkin professionally installed 2 years ago. Ran fine the first year, thougght the cost of monthly bills was still pretty high but worked well. Turned on the year and have had nothing but f09 problems. Had a tech come out and $2000 later I still wake up daily to f09 and no effing heat in my house. Reset, come home at lunch, same thing. Reset again, same thing after work. Yes the unit has been cleaned. Control board replaced (which it did not need), its not on the floor, combustion checked and reset to spec. Nothing changes the fact that it will not work worth a crap. Called and was working with the owner of Hot Water Products, the distributer and got no help what so ever. Invested $6000 in their product, re mortgaged my house to pay for it and have already lost another $2000 in repair bills that have not fixed a thing. Of course the contractors wont stand behind their work either so I get to take them all to court. Oehl Plumbing is a bunch of scamers. never buy a munchkin. Put a large sign in my front yard for all the world to see. No manufacturer help. Even Ford know they make a piece of crap but warranty longer and give help after that expires. No one hs been able to offer a solution yet. Every rec here has been done several times, by different techs. Piece of ......

Date created: 2009-11-21 Name: Charlie

"Munckin works great"
I have been very happy with the munckin that replaced a failed 9 year old Burnham conventional boiler. Fuel savings are as expected - substantial. Hot water for the shower, etc. recovers much faster. There was a problem with the heat exchanger and no problems with repairs, warranty. I believe that most of the complaints are from poor installations and from old school plumbers that won't invest in training on the products. Watching the crew install my munchkin, it was clear that they have installed many and have been trained. The solo plumber probably won't install enough of these to get the right experience base. If your plumber prefers a different mod-con because that is what he has installed, go with the mod-con in which your plumber is experienced.

Date created: 2009-11-20 Name: B.J. Bushie

"Munchkin Contender 120"
Munchkin Contender 120--Had mine installed two (2) years ago, radiant infloor concrete w/ super store dhw. Flawless opperation. Please do your research prior to installation. Very happy with my unit... None of the reviews on this sight mention which models they've problems with.

Date created: 2009-11-17 Name: J. Ashe

"Worst Boiler ever"
This boiler has been in for 3 months. It was turned on a the end of September and the tech's have been out 7 times. They have replaced the guts and 3 hrs later it's not working. First it was f11 then f9 now f10. It has leaked gas into my house causing the gas company to come out. It is awful I would not recommend this boiler to anyone. The tech's have been wonderful. They come out at all hrs out the night and day to try and fix it.

Date created: 2009-11-17 Name: D. Herrick
Location: New Hampshire

"Munchkin"
I purchased two of these units and they have been a yearly problem with blower fanblade breakage and swirl plate degregation. Spare parts are not ready available and usually take days to get. Not good in New Hampshire in the winter.

Date created: 2009-11-05 Name: Marie Moriarty-Puggi

"AWFUL"
Worst system not even withing a year and 1/2 it began to leak toxics. Not after being replaced the upstairs doesn't heat but the bedroom does. don"t get one!!!

Date created: 2009-10-29 Name: P. Oostenbrug

"P. Oostenbrug"
Lets just say we know our heating and cooling guys on a first name basis. They have been very good to us and come out each time we have a problem. They are as unsatified as we are. They say that Munchkin does not back their product. We are on our fourth control panal. We have had the f09 problem, and the latest is an f05 problem. I am reseting the unit each morning in hopes that we will have hot water sometime during the day. We have decided with our heating and cooling company to pull out the unit and replace it with a competitor that will stand behind their product. It will cost us some money, but it will be nice to have hot water and a warm house again. We will be looking for a class action lawsuit.

Date created: 2009-10-29 Name: Tom C.

"Munchkin 199M"
My Munchkin ran good the first year and then I had so many problems that I would wake up and run down to check and see if it was running. I have spent over $2000 in repairs in the past 5 years and have gotten zero support from the manufacturer. Believe me, they know they are selling lemons. People can talk all they want about installation, I think its a crappy product. If it is an installation problem why won't the company respond to my complaints or discuss the issues with me.

<< Previous10111213141516171819202122232425Next >>