Consumer Reviews of HTP boilers

Read more about HTP boilers

1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>

Date created: 2016-01-16 Name: Ethan Ngo
Location: San Jose, CA

"Do not buy from this company, warned."
Bought two commercial water heater from this company and paid over $17,000 installed. One started leaking after 1 1/2 years into service. Still under warranty, but the first thing they said was we had a hard water problem in our area and that voids the warranty. Apparently they knew that was the problem here because other businesses around my area had the same problem before (but they still sold the system to us anyways), so they didn't even come out to check the problem with the leak. Said we would have to pay to get it inspected. No matter what, "it is our problem" because we had hard water. Now I have to ask, what city or place does not have hard water? They would not warranty but do not hesitate to sell us another system at discount. Luckily I'm not stupid enough to fall for it again and went with another brand instead and it has been fine since. But sure enough, after another year the second HTP water heater leaked as well. So there you have it. That's my first experience with this company and so hopefully nobody else gets hurt like us by writing this review. You've been warned!

Date created: 2016-01-13 Name: A. Almblad

"Unreliable"
Boiler broke within a year. We have had it fixed 4 times in 6 years, usually the heat exchanger, but also leaks in the tank. Need to get it replaced as we obviously have a lemon. HTP will not replace it, even though it's obvious that there are major problems with this unit. I would never buy another HTP product.

Date created: 2015-04-17 Location: Cedar Rapids, IA

"A great efficient source of heat for the entire house."
I couldn't be more happy with my boiler system; radiant heat is superb. I converted all heat demand to be supplied by a boiler. The recovery time on the hot water is quick, less than an hour even after everyone in the house showers. The warm floor on your toes on a winter's morning is a nice perk. It takes quite awhile for the radiant heat to transfer to the air, so I have a standby electric heating element in the A/C unit just in case. The flame sensing unit tends to soot up every other year; the boiler does not see the flame, and it shuts itself down. Kind of annoying, but easy to replace.

Date created: 2015-03-05 Location: Pittsburgh PA

"Heat Transfer Products Boiler Review"
I have owned the HTP boiler for 2 years. It is quite and efficient. No problems to date and I have only had 1 service for standard maintenance. I would definitely buy this same brand again and recommend it to a friend. The model series I own is the MC series. I have been told the igniter might need to be replaced around 2 years but so far no issues with mine. This boiler is servicing a 2500 sf home and does it flawlessly. The unit was installed by a local HVAC contractor in only 1 day. The service man only had good things to say about this brand as we'll. I do clean the dust off the boiler every few months and the factory finish still looks great. I believe the cost of this unit is comparable to other boilers of the same quality. You can not hear the boiler running at all from upstairs.

Date created: 2014-12-01 Name: S. Hongould
Location: Canada

"Very reliable"
I have a Voyager boiler with a hydronic coil. Besides replacing the igniter in a 18-month period and now about every 2 years, and replacing the boiler once, it's been rock solid. This is a household of 5 and it's heating a 3500 square foot home and domestic hot water for 14 years.

Date created: 2014-05-10 Name: Homer
Location: Nevada

"FO9 error code"
Tutti-- Wisconsin---You should not get any leaking. You need to determine the source of the leak. When you have a leak, fresh water comes into the boiler, carrying oxygen into the system. Oxygen decomposes any iron in your system piping. Boilers are not supposed to leak. As for the f09 error code, read the posts as it is very well covered by my "Homer" posts. You do need to clean your boiler at least every 3 years. That means doing more than just cleaning the probes (which should be part of the yearly inspection). The built-in condensation trap need to be cleaned so that the condensate that is produced during combustion can leave the boiler's combustion chamber. You need a boiler guy (hydronics) to check out the leak as there is so many places that leaks can occur. Put a glass under the overflow pipe (pressure relief valve, prv) and see if it is coming from there. If the leak is coming from the prv, check system pressure on the gauge. It should be about 12-15 psi cold and when hot less than 20 psi. Also, if the expansion tank is water logged, pressure in the system can exceed 30 psi and water will be forced out the prv. Any of these caused requires replacing the prv when repairs are made. Read the posts, folks!

Date created: 2014-03-07 Name: J Roberts
Location: richmond, va

"My 2 are good after 8 and 6 years"
Have had no probs with mine. One at each house I own in Richmond va.

Date created: 2014-03-02 Name: tutti
Location: Wisconsin

"11 years no problems- until now"
Not a problem for 11 years. Now we are getting f09 codes. We have cleaned both probes and works for a while. Now I see there is water in the cabinet and on the floor around the munchkin-- any ideas where the water would be coming from? Should I be concerned or can it wait until this miserable winter is over?

Date created: 2014-03-02 Name: Larry P
Location: Wisconsin

"My Munchkin rocks"
My 140m (natural gas) has been running flawlessly for seven years. Space heating and domestic hot water. I've cleaned it twice. I maintain commercial HVAC systems for a living... wish they ran as well. Now maybe I just got a good one. I'm reading all the gripes but my experience has been great. I'm not an installer, but I did install the Munchkin myself. I followed HTP's instructions. (Yes, I should analyze the combustion gas one day)

Date created: 2014-03-01 Name: D Donarski
Location: Minong, WI

"Internal Leak Warranty Worthless"
I installed a Munchkin 140 mlp in October of 2006 after being told it was an excellent choice. The cost of the boiler and installation was $3846. Now it has developed an internal leak. Munchkin states it has a prorated 12yr leak warranty. Being in it's 8th year, I was told it was 75% covered by warranty. By the time the tacked on installation, shipping and processing fees plus a huge increase in the cost of the boiler, replacing it under warranty would cost me $4700. This warranty is worthless!

1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>