Consumer Reviews of DUNKIRK boilers

Read more about DUNKIRK boilers

Date created: 2009-11-29 Name: [email protected]

"Dunkirk Bolier"
A local company install the q20-100 water boiler in 2007 and replace a 45 years old boiler. The first year, the boiler worked fine. The second year, the problems started by the boiler shuts off after the first cycle. The installer was called many times to troubleshoot the proble. Each time, the technician spent at least 5-6 hours trying to find what the problem was. On 11/27/2009, the technician spent more than 7 hours trying to locate the problem, then he decided to replace the blower. The boiler worked just fine, then on 11/28/2009, the boiler shuts off after the first cycle and does not start again. Therefore, the problem is not with the blower, it is with something elase. The technician will be called next morning, 11/29/09 and god only knows how long is going to take him to find anything. I don't recommend this boiler. I wish I can get back my 45 years old boiler which I never had a problem with. Before deciding to purchase a Dunkirk boiler, please review the comments of other and I am sure you can make the right decision.

Date created: 2009-10-14 Name: MC

"Dunkirk Boiler"
Have had 3 carbon monoxide incidents and am now ready to throw this thing out. I'm surprised they haven't been recalled.

Date created: 2009-08-14 Name: C. Chernin
Location: Western NY

"CLC"
I have had nothing but problems with my Dunkirk Plymouth furnace! Now the boiler itself has cracked. Sure Dunkirk will cover the boiler under warranty and then I can pick up the $2,100 to pay for the labor! What good is a warranty when I can put some more $$ and upgrade to a higher efficiency boiler(most definitely made by another manufacturer.) I've replaced most of the parts including the burners already. The efficiency was never good, spent over 6k in propane last winter. It's a shame too because I live just a few miles from Dunkirk in Western ny.

Date created: 2009-03-04 Name: GMP

"Homeowner"
I am into my third heating season with the q90 and I am about to have my third hot surface igniter installed. Have had problems ever since the boiler was installed. I'll never buy a Dunkirk product again.

Date created: 2009-02-26 Name: J. Thaine
Location: Angelica, NY

"Dunkirk Quantum 90-200"
We purchased the above boiler unit and had it installed in late August of 2008. Since that time, we have had nothing but trouble. Our contractor and technicians have returned to service the boiler at least a half dozen times already. The gas valve that came with the unit needed to be replaced. Then the burner was not functioning properly and had to be replaced. The electronic ignition system continues to lock itself out at times. At first, this was during times of very cold temperatures; lately it has been even in warmer conditions - most recently last night when it was a mild 40 degrees outside. We would not recommend the Dunkirk brand to anyone! So far we have wasted our money on a piece of garbage.

Date created: 2008-12-26 Name: Shone
Location: Philadelphia

"Dunkirk - PWX-3ENT2"
Just replaced our 50 year old oil boiler with the Dunkirk - pwx-3ent2 Gas unit. Seems much more efficient heats quick really quiet. I had it installed by www.melaire.com they really did a great job.

Date created: 2008-09-05 Name: M. Wittekind
Location: Grand Rapids, MI

"Sad to see it go"
This gas fired boiler says Sears but it's manufactured by Dunkirk Radiator Corp, Dunkirk ny. (Model 229 960430, 120,000 btu) It was installed when the house was built 30 years ago and still works fine. We are looking at replacing it merely because of its age and(assumed)low efficiency. After reading many reviews of other boiler manufacturers we may try to keep it until the day it dies. It's quiet and dependable. I wonder if the new Dunkirk boilers are still made this good?

Date created: 2008-01-02 Name: D.W.Partin
Location: Williamstown, NJ

I acquired this boiler as a preowned unit. The previous owner replaced it with a furnace system. It was installed in November 2007 and has been functionig very well since.