Consumer Reviews of DUNKIRK boilers

Read more about DUNKIRK boilers

Date created: 2010-08-30 Name: John Pombrio

"Reliable when properly maintained AND installed."
All of the problems I have had with my Dunkirk oil fired burner were due to installation issues, mainly poor solder joints, poor compression fittings to oil tank, etc. Then, add clueless technicians over the years and inevitably their incompetence will cause issues later on. So, the boiler is fine. Make damn sure you get a quality install and find competent technicians who will fix the problems they find! 14 years old, reliable as hell if the annual tune up is done properly. One board and one sticky 79 cent electromagnetic switch. Use a boiler mate. Hot water forever and no leaks!

Date created: 2010-07-16 Name: Ellen K

"You get what you pay for"
Our Dunkirk 3ew is less than 10 years old and developed a leak between the tankless flange and the casting. Our oil burner man (who is not the person who installed the boiler) never liked the boiler and said that it was risky to try to repair the unit and we might as well get a new boiler.

Date created: 2010-03-29 Name: John T.Carroll Plumbing & Heating

"Dunkirk boiler wiith 3"
Very satisfied. I installed this oil fired myself.

Date created: 2010-03-28 Name: Brad McDonald

"Well dunkirk boilers falled to start again turn off breaker let sit one minute it starts i hope pipes are not frozen tec repla"
Tech says it's a good boiler. I think that is bs. I wish I have gotten a forced air because it failed to start again. I hope pipes did not freeze . This is the third time.

Date created: 2010-02-07 Name: N. Ryan

"This is important"
Replaced an old and reliable boiler for a small apartment building with a Dunkirk 90 200,000 btu boiler. I have had to replace 2 circuit boards within approximately 1 year of each other, the draft inducer and the ignitor twice. Something is terribly wrong with this picture. I am interested in other owners problems.

Date created: 2010-01-31 Name: brad mc donald

"Dunkirk boiler stops working at cold temps"
Replaced ignitor pipes. Almost broke, one zone thermostats does not work.

Date created: 2010-01-18 Name: B. Whitehead

"Done with my Dunkirk Q90-100"
Bought my second home in 2007. q90-100 was installed in 2001 by previous owner. Have had 4 service calls when boiler was not working in cold weather. Spent over $1,000 plus repairmen gave me freebie hours trying to figure problems. Replaced circulator, purged system, etc. In January 2010, boiler gasket blew and water-antifreeze leaked through condensate tube. This boiler is scary because you never know if it will work. No pipe freezing . . . yet. Decided to skip the warranty claim and go with another brand. Wish me luck!!

Date created: 2010-01-14 Name: R. Schreiner

"Horrible"
Problems from day one, blower noisy, vacuum lines left open from factory, condensate line clogged from metal shavings, metal shavings on burner caused bad ignition by shorting spark from ignitor. Bad fitting on return which leaked. Tappings plugged from factory are starting to leak, main electronic board going bad keeps shutting off with 05 error code. And this is all within 4 months. Haven't seen any savings. The 95% is rated for radiant heat and temps of 120. When you have baseboard heat, you need 190 then the ratings drop into the 80'S. Any savings you do get will most likely be lost in repair bills. Customer service from sales rep was bad, supply house didn't have parts. Stay with a basic boiler.

Date created: 2009-12-16 Name: Ken Quon

"Q90-150 Dunkirk leaking water"
Can't believe it! I thought my Lennox Complete heat was useless but it lasted 7 years and now the Dunkirk was the replacement and it has failed after just 4 years. Same boat, in regards to Dunkirk. They will cover the new heat exchanger but will not cover labor costs which has been estimated at $1500+. Why won't they just give us the money so we can upgrade to something new instead of paying a ton of money to change out the leaky heat exchanger. These things should last more than 4 years!

Date created: 2009-12-15 Name: R. Ellis

"95M-200 Boiler Constantly Errors out"
I had the Dunkirk 95m-200 boiler installed by a contractor in a 4-unit rental house in October 2006 and have had nothing but trouble ever since. The unit constantly errors out after trying to fire up. The installation contractor has returned dozens of times to fine tune the gas mixture, installed a larger gas supply line, replaced the burner and igniter, installed larger diameter air intake/exhaust lines and lowered the air supply fan speed per Dunkirk's recommendation. The utility company has even replaced the gas meter twice, but the unit continues to error out on start up at least once per day. It doesn't matter whether it's 40 degrees or zero outside, it still errors out on start up every morning. My tenants are tired of waking up to no heat. I'm switching my personal residence to hot water radiant heat, but I won't purchase another Dunkirk boiler.