Consumer Reviews of DUNKIRK boilers

Read more about DUNKIRK boilers

Date created: 2010-12-31 Name: E. Allen
Location: Cle Elum, Washington

"Q90-100 needs constant repair"
We are on our third heat exchanger for our Q90-100. Dunkirk service rep told me they had a series of faulty aluminum castings, but have resolved the problem. Dunkirk eventually replaced the first two heat exchangers, but they made it very difficult. I had to ship the failed units back to them for their inspection, and pay for all the labor. They told me they will not replace this one when it fails. It's time to cut my losses, I'll look to a different brand before spending any more money on this one.

Date created: 2010-12-12 Name: santiago
Location: Brooklyn NY

"Owner"
I need troublesshooting page for my boiler, I have to reset many time becouse no comeback to start itselfe , and I check the thermostat, pilot,valves and no come on what can I do?

Date created: 2010-12-08 Name: ujeen thomsinar

"Never stops stopping"
Hmmm... I'm trying to ponder weather this is an overall general dunkirk problem or just the one I have. it has a tankless coil on the side, and is oil fired. the burner, (brand new from Beckett,) locks out TOO frequently. the relay has also tripped, causing smoke and an orange glow. this happens three times every two months. it's really weird. maybe my house IS haunted after all. don't listen to me though, it may just be my boiler.

Date created: 2010-12-08 Name: pete

"Pg"
Every year we fix it, boards, sensors, igniters. had it three years. any savings for efficiency lost to repairs. now heat exchanger is cracked hoping for warranty and it will not run with pressure lines hooked up but will with them off. limping along like that until we find out about warranty.

Date created: 2010-11-02 Name: GORDON FREEMAN
Location: MA

"95M-200"
DUNKIRK WORST GARBAGE I HAVE EVER HAD INSTALLED IN MY LIFE EVEN WORSE IS THE CUSTOMER SERVICE WHICH CANNOT GET PARTS FOR DAYS.95M-200 BY FAR THE BIGGEST MISTAKE IN ALL MY YEARS OF BUILDING COMMERCIAL AND RESIDENTIAL PROPERTY.

Date created: 2010-10-17 Name: J. Cherry
Location: Denver, Co

"Oh Boy What a mistake"
We installed a 90% efficient boiler in 2005. We have had nothing but trouble since. The furnace has not worked one full year yet without problems. Right off the bat the pressure swithes needed to be reofitted by the manufacturer and placed higher in the boiler case. Replaced three igniters, two pressure switches. The boiler water sensor keeps clogging causing the boiler to shut down. We have had repeated survice calls, the company that installed our boiler strung us along and now refuses to replace this lemon. Furnace unit is incredibly noisy when it works...Never buy a Dunkirk Boiler, Very unhappy!

Date created: 2010-09-03 Name: Burt Adams

"Mechanical engineer"
We installed about 40 Dunkirk Aluminum hex boilers with about 30 hex failures. You get a new heater exchanger, have to send the failed on back on your nickel, a day of labor to install new heat exchanger with no labor reimbursement. What a nightmare and expensive! Buy stainless steel. Oh by the way, aluminum oxide plugs up air vents, flow meters, piping, pumps. Amazing they have been in business for 75 years and make a horrible excuse for a boiler.

Date created: 2010-08-30 Name: John Pombrio

"Reliable when properly maintained AND installed."
All of the problems I have had with my Dunkirk oil fired burner were due to installation issues, mainly poor solder joints, poor compression fittings to oil tank, etc. Then, add clueless technicians over the years and inevitably their incompetence will cause issues later on. So, the boiler is fine. Make damn sure you get a quality install and find competent technicians who will fix the problems they find! 14 years old, reliable as hell if the annual tune up is done properly. One board and one sticky 79 cent electromagnetic switch. Use a boiler mate. Hot water forever and no leaks!

Date created: 2010-07-16 Name: Ellen K

"You get what you pay for"
Our Dunkirk 3ew is less than 10 years old and developed a leak between the tankless flange and the casting. Our oil burner man (who is not the person who installed the boiler) never liked the boiler and said that it was risky to try to repair the unit and we might as well get a new boiler.

Date created: 2010-03-29 Name: John T.Carroll Plumbing & Heating

"Dunkirk boiler wiith 3"
Very satisfied. I installed this oil fired myself.