Consumer Reviews of DUNKIRK boilers

Read more about DUNKIRK boilers

Date created: 2011-11-16 Name: Angelica Berasategui
Location: New Jersey

"Don't trust Sears"
I bought a Dunkirk oil boiler through Sears 7 years ago. The unit worked fine until a few days ago when smoke started coming out. I called a technician because the Sears extended warranty had already expired (which I understand). The technician said that the heater exchanger is not working so we actually need to replace it. I called Sears and they don't seem to understand that when they purchased the unit, Dunkirk automatically provides them a 12 years warranty on the unit that we don't see because it's through wholesaler contract. Now, Sears don't want to help us because our extended warranty expired. They are so wrong, and it's Sears responsibility to replace the unit for us because we bought it from them not Dunkirk and the unit still has 12 years warranty. Sears is messing with the wrong people here and pretty soon they will find out if they don't help us. I will make it public, through internet and tv. I already contacted my lawyer, just to be ready so hopefully they move fast. The winter is around the corner...so just wait and see! By the way, I will never buy in Sears again.

Date created: 2011-10-07 Name: Micola
Location: Drexel Hill, PA

"Very Unsatisfied"
I was very happy to see that other people are also getting screwed by the Dunkirk company!!! This will be our 3rd boiler in 6 years since we got the first one. They will not stand behind their product and are always first to blame the installer. It could never be their product which is faulty (heaven forbid)!!! I always have the same installer, our plumber who has been in the business for 25 years do the work plus Dunkirk won't even come to the house to view the damage. They always pass the buck to someone else. I would never recommend this Dunkirk 3ES1.35C boiler to anyone!!!

Date created: 2011-04-19 Location: Huntsville, Alabama

"Dunkirk is not solid"
Sears boiler certified by Dunkirk is no good. The original home owner installed the boiler in 2003. On January 28, 2008 the boiler blew smoke and soot all over my house, we could not breath. The boiler still has the warranty by Dunkirk. Both parties fail to help fix the problem. Dunkirk wants Sears to fix the problem, Sears does not want to fix the problem. Sears want us to pay them $4,145 to replace the boiler. Sears installed the boiler wrong which caused the boiler to crack. We have been without heat for 13 days, we are located in Huntsville.

Date created: 2011-04-19 Location: Buffalo, NY

"My Home Heating Boiler"
I love my home boiler. This Dunkirk boiler has not had any problems since I've owned it (which has been over 5 years). The previous owners had this boiler for three years before my family moved in. This boiler gives me constant heat when I need it without tearing apart my check book. This boiler has also kept my check book in good shape, because I have not paid any repair bills for it.My boiler is a nice blue color, and not some poop color that I would want to hide. The size of my boiler is medium but it is a little too clunky, So I do not have a ton of space to work out and kill Nazi Zombies in my basement. Next time I will need a new boiler, Dunkirk will be my choice. I have never heard of Dunkirk boilers previous of my moving in, but I think I will remember it next time I think of boilers.

Date created: 2011-03-28 Name: Gordon
Location: DC

"Cannot light pilot light"
PWX-4vnb2 Cannot light pilot light. Called company. Technician stated that only a professional should light it. mmmmm Called professional, he did the work previously, he stated that there is a problem with design. He dismantles cabinet to light pilot light. Do you know when state government will close this company down?

Date created: 2011-02-24 Name: L. Stitik
Location: New Jersey

"POOR PRODUCT"
Upon this boiler failing in our home almost causing an explosion, their company fails to make good and their answer is pass the buck. Do yourself and your family a favor and look at a company who stands behind their product not like DUNKIRK.

Date created: 2011-02-05 Name: RON SUCHARSKI
Location: MANCHESTER, MI

"NEVER AGAIN"
WE HAVE A DUNKIRK MODEL Q90-100 FROM DAY ONE WE HAVE HAD PROBLEMS NOTHING MAJOR UNTILL THIS YEAR THE HEAT EXCHAGER STARTED TO LEAK IT WAS COVERED UNDER WARRANTY WE HAD TO PAY LABOR COST AND SERVICE COST NOW THEINDUCED DRAFT BLOWER BEARINGS ARE GOING OUT HAVE A TWO REQUEST INTO DUNKIRK FOR A PARTS AND COST LIST WANT TO REPLACE ON MY OWN PAYING TOO MUCH FOR SERVICE CALLS AND LABOR FEES

Date created: 2011-01-27 Name: michael
Location: MA

"Absolute Crap....should be a class action against the manufacturer"
I've had this unit installed about 8 years ago during a home renovation. The gas unit came highly recommended by the plumber. Who said it was the top of the line gas unit. Since then we have had the unit replaced 3 times due to a cracked tank (in the process of going on our 4 unit replacement), and every year if the unit doesn't outright break there is some other problem with it. There is something seriously wrong with this unit and this company. In order to get the manufacture to replace the unit we have to deal with the initial plumber who installed it. Who has told us repeatedly not to bother him about the unit because he's gotten sick of dealing with it. We still end up have to pay him for the service install every time though. It's out right criminal of the manufacturer to put out a product with such a blatant design flaw. There seriously should be a class action against them.

Date created: 2011-01-24 Name: ELISA
Location: BRONX, NY

"BROKEN AGAIN"
OKAY, SO I ASSUMED SOMETHING WOULD BREAK AGAIN AND IT DID. NOW I HAVE TO SPEND $798 TO REPLACE THE AQUASTAT RELAY. THIS PAST SUMMER MY MOM HAD A WHOLE NEW BOILER WITH INSTALLATION PUT IN AT $5,000. IF ONE MORE THING BREAKS ON THIS PIECE OF CRAP DUNKIRK BOILER, I AM GOING TO REPLACE THE WHOLE THING. IT DOESN'T PAY TO KEEP SHELLING OUT $500 HER AND $700 THERE. I MAY JUST HAVE TO REPLACE THE WHOLE UNIT. WHAT A WASTE! I HAVE VERY, VERY ANGRY.

Date created: 2011-01-17 Name: ELISA
Location: BRONX, NY

"NOT SO GOOD"
I WAS ENTITLED TO A NEW BOILER FROM CON EDISON 4 YEARS AGO AND THEY GAVE ME A DUNKIRK. TWO YEARS AGO, I HAD NO HEAT BECAUSE OF A CONTROL PANEL PROBLEM AND LAST NIGHT I HAD NO HEAT BECAUSE OF SOME AQUASTAT PROBLEM. I SPENT $6,000 TO HAVE THIS PIECE OF CRAP INSTALLED. I WONDER WHAT WILL BREAK NEXT.