Consumer Reviews of DUNKIRK boilers

Read more about DUNKIRK boilers

Date created: 2017-11-13 Name: Beverly L.
Location: North Tonawanda, NY

"Buyer Beware, Don't Buy Dunkirk"
First boiler installed on November 9, 2012. It quit working several times. Pilot had to be re-lit numerous times. Pilot won't stay lit. January 19, 2015 Dunkirk service rep inspected boiler. Had to be replaced even though it was out of it's 1 year warranty. January 19, 2015 new boiler installed. Same problem within 6 months of new installation. Continuing to happen every few months. On November 11, 2017 stopped working and can't get pilot to stay lit. This is in a 4 unit apartment building, inconveniencing all tenants. I had to buy space heaters for all tenants. Problem after problem. Dunkirk doesn't want to help. Don't buy a Dunkirk!

Date created: 2017-08-31 Name: Rick Rock
Location: Palmer, MA

First one rotted, it was falling apart when they removed it. The replacement died almost immediately and is now cracked. Junk junk junk

Date created: 2017-02-20 Name: R Jones
Location: Swoyersville, PA

After 12 years and 2 boilers I had to get a new furnace again! They don't stand behind there product! I have pictures to prove that there product is no good! Please don't be there next victims!

Date created: 2017-02-06 Name: Joey Worden

"Most Unreliable boiler ever"
This boiler is the worst!! It has turned in to a manual boiler. When it's freezing cold outside and we need it the most it will go out in the middle of the night it and when I wake up my house is so cold!! Parts stop like crazy always leaving it out for days!!! The heating company is always at our house fixing it. I have gotten so used to the van in the driveway because it's common for it to be at my house!!! I will maybe never buy a dunkirk boiler again but definitely not a quantum 95 boiler!!!!!!! One more thing I like to thank Dunkirk for all the stress!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Date created: 2016-11-18 Name: MGS Properties LLC
Location: Cleveland, Ohio

"Don't expect warranty coverage..."
After only 8 years of use the boiler heat exchange started leaking. They want me to pay someone to take it apart and send it back to them to see if I qualify under there terms. I will never buy another one for my properties...

Date created: 2015-12-11 Location: union nj

"my boiler that is a the best it could be"
I have own my Dunkirk Q100 for the last 8 years. When I first bought it I was a little hesitate to buy because of the brand. A lot of my friends had recommended this brand t me to try it out and when I went to get it the store gave me a 3 years warranty on it. But ever since I have had it, it has had no big problems. I also check it every month to be on the safe side and it hasn't given me any issues. The only thing as of now I don't like is the power it has but recently I had fixed it to where it is brand new and has now a lot of power. On a monthly basis I do repairs to it myself to save money and I am also a tech on boilers. With Dunkirk I overall would definitely recommend it to all of my friends because of its durability and also the power that this little machine brings with it.

Date created: 2015-11-11 Name: D. Grivas
Location: Oaklawn , IL

"Fantastic"
We have had a Dunkirk since 1975 - natural gas fired boiler, 65% efficiency. It has lasted until now and is not dead yet but I will replace it. It is in a 10 unit apartment building. I has been absolutely fantastic. Fires up right away. Question is, now what do I replace it with? Another Dunkirk maybe?

Date created: 2015-08-26 Location: Pittsburgh PA

"Works well but loud"
I replaced my old boiler with this one about 8 years ago. I have had no problems with this one and it seems to run efficiently. It is smaller than my old one so it takes up less space. I have an under-floor heating system in one room so I have to have two zones for my heat. My last boiler could not handle that and this one seems to do it well. One zone will heat without affecting the other zone. My old one had a problem with condensation in the unit because of the different temperatures of the different zones and this one does not have that problem. I have never had to have it repaired or do any special maintenance on it. My only complaint is that it is very loud when it kicks on. It makes a big 'swoosh' noise like a plane taking off. I can even hear the noise if I am outside when it comes on. All-in-all, the noise is a fair trade-off for the efficient operation so I would recommend it if you can live with the noise just when it starts.

Date created: 2015-05-04 Location: Mentor, OH

"Boiler review for internal use"
I have moved into my house this past winter, so I have not had to pay for this boiler. We had about the coldest February in recent memory, and the boiler never lost its step. It has required no maintenance and was bought in 2012. This brand from all of my online research has had overall great reviews. I have only had one winter with it, and it is only a few years old; however, I must say, so far so good, and if the time came that a friend needed a recommendation, I would certainly recommend the same type of boiler. One side note, my grandfather is a heat and air guy, and he has told me that the boiler I have is a very quality unit, his opinion I certainly trust in this area. I hope this boiler lasts me a long time with no to very little repair costs. If all goes well, and I am in this home long enough and that I needed to get another, based on the short one year I have had with this boiler, I could see myself using this brand again!

Date created: 2014-11-12 Name: Brad D.
Location: St. Paul, MN

"No problems for me"
I bought this boiler in 1990, installed it myself (removed an old converted coal unit), and added a manifold and 4 zone valves. I have had no problems that I was not able to fix easily. In 2010, it seemed to not be as efficient as it was previously. I checked it out and the heat exchanger sections were completely clogged and surrounded by carbon buildup. My fault, as my wood shop is adjacent to the boiler and sawdust had been sucked into the unit. With some scraper work, some heavy wires, a vacuum cleaner and air compressor, I was able to clean it out in a few hours and it now works better than ever. The only issue I have had is the ignition wire falling off the ignitor under the burner. I have now added a wire to keep it from falling off. For the price and the excellent service life I have had, I'd recommend it. In Minnesota, it gets used a lot! 24 years says a lot.