Consumer Reviews of DUNKIRK boilers

Read more about DUNKIRK boilers

Date created: 2016-11-18 Name: MGS Properties LLC
Location: Cleveland, Ohio

"Don't expect warranty coverage..."
After only 8 years of use the boiler heat exchange started leaking. They want me to pay someone to take it apart and send it back to them to see if I qualify under there terms. I will never buy another one for my properties...

Date created: 2015-12-11 Location: union nj

"my boiler that is a the best it could be"
I have own my Dunkirk Q100 for the last 8 years. When I first bought it I was a little hesitate to buy because of the brand. A lot of my friends had recommended this brand t me to try it out and when I went to get it the store gave me a 3 years warranty on it. But ever since I have had it, it has had no big problems. I also check it every month to be on the safe side and it hasn't given me any issues. The only thing as of now I don't like is the power it has but recently I had fixed it to where it is brand new and has now a lot of power. On a monthly basis I do repairs to it myself to save money and I am also a tech on boilers. With Dunkirk I overall would definitely recommend it to all of my friends because of its durability and also the power that this little machine brings with it.

Date created: 2015-11-11 Name: D. Grivas
Location: Oaklawn , IL

"Fantastic"
We have had a Dunkirk since 1975 - natural gas fired boiler, 65% efficiency. It has lasted until now and is not dead yet but I will replace it. It is in a 10 unit apartment building. I has been absolutely fantastic. Fires up right away. Question is, now what do I replace it with? Another Dunkirk maybe?

Date created: 2015-08-26 Location: Pittsburgh PA

"Works well but loud"
I replaced my old boiler with this one about 8 years ago. I have had no problems with this one and it seems to run efficiently. It is smaller than my old one so it takes up less space. I have an under-floor heating system in one room so I have to have two zones for my heat. My last boiler could not handle that and this one seems to do it well. One zone will heat without affecting the other zone. My old one had a problem with condensation in the unit because of the different temperatures of the different zones and this one does not have that problem. I have never had to have it repaired or do any special maintenance on it. My only complaint is that it is very loud when it kicks on. It makes a big 'swoosh' noise like a plane taking off. I can even hear the noise if I am outside when it comes on. All-in-all, the noise is a fair trade-off for the efficient operation so I would recommend it if you can live with the noise just when it starts.

Date created: 2015-05-04 Location: Mentor, OH

"Boiler review for internal use"
I have moved into my house this past winter, so I have not had to pay for this boiler. We had about the coldest February in recent memory, and the boiler never lost its step. It has required no maintenance and was bought in 2012. This brand from all of my online research has had overall great reviews. I have only had one winter with it, and it is only a few years old; however, I must say, so far so good, and if the time came that a friend needed a recommendation, I would certainly recommend the same type of boiler. One side note, my grandfather is a heat and air guy, and he has told me that the boiler I have is a very quality unit, his opinion I certainly trust in this area. I hope this boiler lasts me a long time with no to very little repair costs. If all goes well, and I am in this home long enough and that I needed to get another, based on the short one year I have had with this boiler, I could see myself using this brand again!

Date created: 2014-11-12 Name: Brad D.
Location: St. Paul, MN

"No problems for me"
I bought this boiler in 1990, installed it myself (removed an old converted coal unit), and added a manifold and 4 zone valves. I have had no problems that I was not able to fix easily. In 2010, it seemed to not be as efficient as it was previously. I checked it out and the heat exchanger sections were completely clogged and surrounded by carbon buildup. My fault, as my wood shop is adjacent to the boiler and sawdust had been sucked into the unit. With some scraper work, some heavy wires, a vacuum cleaner and air compressor, I was able to clean it out in a few hours and it now works better than ever. The only issue I have had is the ignition wire falling off the ignitor under the burner. I have now added a wire to keep it from falling off. For the price and the excellent service life I have had, I'd recommend it. In Minnesota, it gets used a lot! 24 years says a lot.

Date created: 2014-03-05 Name: Paul
Location: Yonkers NY

"DON'T DO IT!"
I purchased this from Sears because they convinced me that I would save money on heating! They were correct I don't use any gas now to heat my home because this unit just doesn't work! I have not been able to have a winter season with a functioning boiler. Now it has broken twice this week. Always the same part coupling or water shut off... The coupling is about a $12.00 part with $200 towards the emergency repair call. I have called Sears out of warranty !Dumbkirk! says we have nothing to do with it contact Sears ... I give up ! I total waste of money and years of aggravation... So glad I tried to do the right thing a save energy and buy American made... Very expensive learned.

Date created: 2013-07-22 Name: harry purt
Location: oswego ny

"Unsatisfied Customer"
Bend panels on boiler, waited 7 weeks for new ones that never came. I finally returned the boiler to the dealer. If they cannot take of panel problem. What if you had a major problem? I am a retired pipe fitter and will let other fitters know about the problem I had with this product. I will never buy this product again.

Date created: 2013-03-02 Name: S. Cosmos
Location: Boston, MA

"Another Broken Block!! 2 Down!!"
Bought this new boiler 11 years ago and replaced the first block after five years and the second block lasted six years. They replaced the first block but I paid $2300 for installation. Now here I am awaiting facing the next install bill and not sure if the block is warranted.

Date created: 2012-11-04 Name: Donna Sweet
Location: Manchester CT

"Four Boilers in 9 years"
Brand new boiler in December 2003. In 2007 it blew a hole in it. They replaced it with the same make and model. Of course we pay for installation - $800.00. In January 2012 the third boiler again blew a hole in it. Makes sense -same make and model of the first two defective boilers. Why would the third boiler be any different? I could expand greatly on this! Bottom line these boilers were defective but yet they were still distributed regardless. I personally hope anyone who reads this passes this comment along with all the other negative reviews this company has had which totally supersedes the positive reviews.