Consumer Reviews of CROWN boilers

Read more about CROWN boilers

Date created: 2015-02-18 Location: Oklahoma City, OK

"My Crown Boiler."
I have had my Crown Boiler for about a year now. Thankfully I haven't had to do maintenance on it yet. I like that its not loud. So far there is NOTHING I can complain about (fingers crossed). I would DEFINITELY buy this brand again and again and I would recommend this to anyone who asked me for my opinion.

Date created: 2015-02-17 Name: W. Levy
Location: Northern NJ

"15 years? That's it?"
Our Crown Jamaica steam boiler failed after 15 years (from a leak above the water line). We replaced the low water cut-off three times, which may be due to hard water in my area and old galvanized pipes. When working it performed nicely. I am told that 15 years is pretty good for a boiler life, but I think that someone is blowing steam up my butt. Looking at other reviews online with an eye toward looking for a better reviewed boiler, I see that the reviews are mostly worse for other manufacturers. All in all, our experience was probably okay.

Date created: 2014-12-30 Name: Matt Waters
Location: United States

"Crown boilers are top of the line"
I sell Crown Boilers, and to the genius below whining about his lifetime warranty, I have news for you. Any time you get a lifetime warranty on any HVAC product it is only good to the original homeowner, so go find something else to do because you don't have any sense. Also, from the bad reviews I have read, it sounds like bad installation, under or over sizing to me. Crown Boiler is a very reputable company, and are head and shoulders above most boilers you can imagine trying to get your hands on. And as far as the warranty issues? You Joe Blow homeowners who know nothing about boilers need to have the installer or the service tech call about the warranty, etc. Crown Boiler is a reputable company that does not sell or warranty parts through homeowners.

Date created: 2013-12-02 Name: Clive Gravesande
Location: Irvington N.J

"Bad Product"
I bought this boiler BSI 103 back in July 2011 new from Crosstown Plumbing and to date 12-1-2013, it is leaking water above the burners. I am very disappointed more so because I am unable to reach someone from Crown about a replacement since it is still under warranty. Crosstown has offered me a warranty block for $350.00. I am still waiting to hear from Crown in connection with this matter.

Date created: 2013-05-03 Name: Junior
Location: BhsmlOUi

"No Unfortunately Wood is Pretty Dirty Stuff"
No unfortunately wood is pretty dirty stuff. Mostly it's the way it's burned not hot enough to burn up it's pollutants. It's nice heat though I have a wood stove I use when it gets really cold.

Date created: 2012-10-02 Name: Jeff Muschlitz
Location: Easton, PA

"Bimini Natural Gas Boiler"
I have installed 3 Bimini Gas Boilers. The unit is easy to mount and install. Follow the piping recommendations from Crown, this boiler is not piped like a normal boilers. I have had no problems with start-up and annual use. The unit is very quiet, well built, and reliable. I recommend this boiler.

Date created: 2011-11-11 Name: S Matos

"Read this before you buy a Crown Boiler!"
I am the original owner of a Crown Boiler Bermuda, gas. The boiler is only 9 years old, but its already leaking water. According to the warranty, Crown covers parts for 12 years, but other than sending me a form to describe the problem. I have not received any response from them after a month of repeated attempts. If buying a Crown boiler, buy knowing that there is no warranty protection. The company knows that it is probably cheaper to buy a new boiler than go through small claims litigation.

Date created: 2011-08-18 Name: J. Bradley
Location: Lincoln University, PA

"Don't ever buy Crown Boilers"
I am the second owner of this Crown Boiler (oil fired for hot water radiators). The boiler was installed new in 2002 by the previous owner. Several weeks ago, during the annual maintenance visit by my oil company service technician discovered leakage of water at one of the block joints. He suggested I contact Crown which I did. I was told that the boiler block had a lifetime warranty which would not be honored, since I was not the original owner. So much for a "lifetime" warranty. The company representative I spoke to was very matter of fact and indicated I had no recourse at all. I would strongly advise any purchase of Crown products. I thought lifetime warranty meant lifetime. Just another scam!

Date created: 2011-05-27 Location: L.A. CA

"Crown Boiler Oil Fired Hot Water Cast Iron Boiler"
I have owned my Crown Boiler for two years now. I like the swing open burner door and the draft hood. It heats the water well with its 91,000 BTU. There is a one year warrenty on parts and also a Limited lifetime heat exchanger warrenty so it comes with some goodies. I really have no complaints about it There is nothing i dislike about it. I have never had to replace it its still quite young at two years. I would recomend it to anyone, friend or family. Its a verry good boiler and if i had to i would buy the same model again, absolutly.

Date created: 2011-05-21 Location: Westmoreland, TN.

"I am happy with my boiler."
My husband and I used to have an old boiler in our house (one from 1980), but about 2 years ago we decided to remodel the house and got almost everything new. I am satisfied with the boiler I have and I don't have any complaints about it, yet. I'm hoping I wont have to get any repairs done for some years, because when I was purchasing, I saw reviews that said it was a very reliable one and they have yet to have any problems out of it, such as myself. I don't want to have to replace it anytime soon because as far as I know, boilers are supposed to last for a very long time. I would recommend this one to a friend, but they could also shop around to see if there is better, because you need the most you can get for your money.