Consumer Reviews of BURNHAM boilers

Read more about BURNHAM boilers

Date created: 2010-12-17 Name: James Plante
Location: 66 Coit Ave West Warwick, RI 02893

"Unhappy Customer"
I ahve been reading many of the reviews of Burnham Boilers and I am convinced that they are selling faulty boilers. They hide behind their so called warranty. They are made here in the UNITED STATES I am ashamed to say and are screwing AMERICANS!!!!!!! My boiler is only 7 years old and is rotting out from the inside. The warranty is in effect and the faulty parts are covered onder the warranty...however...I have to pay for shipping and handeling of their faulty parts......I have to pay for the labor to fix their faulty boiler......and guess what? Its going to cost me the same amount repair as it would to buy a new boiler!!! How amazing is that!!!! I will never buy from BURNHAM again and I will let everyone one know what I'm going through!!!! SHAME ON YOU BURNHAM!!!!!!!!!

Date created: 2010-12-16 Name: G. Berry
Location: Alexandria, VA

"Poor Customer Service"
Just had a Burnham boiler installed. Appears to be grossly oversized for my application. The contractor who recommended this boiler at this size isn't returning my calls. Burnham boilers refuses to discuss technical criteria for boiler selection so I can definitively determine that the boiler is/is not sized correctly.

Date created: 2010-12-15 Name: BillT
Location: Connecticut

"Burnham V"
Embarrassed to say my ten year old Burnham is peeing on my basement floor.

Date created: 2010-12-13 Name: Sal L.
Location: Connecticut

"Worst choice ever"
Here comes another of "those" reviews. If it helps one of you from making the mistake I did it's worth the effort. If it says Burnham on the side of the boiler it means keep a mop next to the furnace. Water EVERYWHERE at the base of the boiler. Called a repair service tech from our oil company on a Sunday to the tune of $131.00 for him to tell me in 5 SECONDS that the Burnham boilers manufactured around the time mine was made (1997) had a design flaw that manifested itself as corrosion followed by leaking. Five thousand dollars later (a child's post secondary school education is highly over-rated) we are replacing the boiler. After 12 years Burnham was willing to assist us to the tune of $530.00 but here's the catch; you get to put in another Burnham boiler! First time shame on them for selling a product that fails and then to have the stones to NOT stand behind their product. But, if I put another one in to replace the one that was terrible to begin with which one of us becomes the idiot? Bottom line, RUN to another boiler company.

Date created: 2010-12-09 Name: Bill Getas
Location: Boonesboro, MD

"Yikes"
Got an old oil fired Burnham boiler in Boonesboro, Md. It has a secret crack that lets all the steam escape when firing up from cold (cold metal block). This of course has rusted the top inside ruinously and burns up oil like mad ($500 / 3 weeks). Low water cutout kicks in, unit shuts off. Unit cools, water refill kicks in, unit starts from a lukewarm condition, so the tiny leak doesn't leak quite as much steam. Efficiency goes from 5% to 10%. House radiators get lukewarm. Repeat. Repeat. We're new in the house but this has apparently been going on for years. Getting this problem diagnosed and recognized in itself has been a real chore. Now, replacing the unit, another chore. After reading these widely, deeply painful responses, there's no way we'd consider another Burnham.

Date created: 2010-12-08 Name: joe thomliss

"God awful"
It was installed after it's 1 year old predecessor died. the 1 year old one was also a brand new burnham unit. The casing leaked, flooding our basement with anti-freeze. No harm done, right? The casing also had a bizarre fire proofed rubber flashing and gasket which MELTED and clogged the vent. again a big expensive fix to have the top and vent taken down to have the casing gasket trimmed. DO NOT BUY A BURNHAM OIL FIRED BOILER

Date created: 2010-12-08 Name: mjr dissatisfation
Location: Boston MA

"What do i do???"
Installed new system by Petro in 2004. They "recomended" the Burnham brand and now the casting is cracked and leaking! Still have to research, but I am told i will be left holding the bag! Estimated at $5000. I repaced a system that was over 60 years old that was working, but just wasnt effecient. uuuuuuuuuuuugggggggggghhhhhhhh help

Date created: 2010-12-07 Name: b liuzza
Location: BOSTON MA

"Burnt By Burnham"
I have had my bunham boiler 6 years. this summer the hot water would not come up for low water cut out. it happend 2 more times . my service man found a leak.But the warente dose not cover internal corosion. this will cost me 1700 dollars to replace. 500 is charged by bunham for the new boiler. I would nerver buy a burnham again. Why isn't the conumer protection agency looking into this company?

Date created: 2010-12-06 Name: Ron Lester
Location: Cottage Grove, OR

"PVIIIIWNP"
I work for a school district in Oregon and we installed two new Burnham PVIIIWNP low pressure hot water boilers in a new High School in 2003. The first one failed in 2009 flooding the wrestling room and surrounding area. The second one has just started to leak and I presume it is the same situation. I spent months emailing back and forth with Burnham to no avail. It is a much longer story and many dollars spent but the bottom line like most of you Burnham took no responsibility for the failure. They sent me two sections to replace the cracked ones but we had to pay for dis-assembly and diagnosis, shipping of the new sections and reassembly of the boiler. I know of at least one other school district in Oregon that experienced the same thing.

Date created: 2010-12-06 Name: David Lussier
Location: Afterworkinhours@aol.com

"Warranty isn't worth the paper it is written on"
Originally installed in June 2000 my Burnham V74 lasted 6 years. Oct 2006 it developed a "corrosion problem". After much wrangling I got them to replace the boiler section. Since they no longer manufactured the V74 the gave me the new improved V84. It was dropped shipped in my driveway. No paperwork. I had to pay $50 for a documentation fee and $10 for delivery. $775 for installation. Here we are Dec 2010 and the same"corrosion problem" has come back. Funny I don't see my neighbors replacing their heating systems every 4-6 years. Bottom line Burnham would rather see a customer freeze to death than do the right thing and stand behind their product instead of hiding behind their worthless warranty.