Consumer Reviews of Burnham boilers

Read more about Burnham boilers

Date created: 2011-01-07 Name: chuck
Location: Connecticut

"Should of been called BURN-EM"
Same story as most. First Burnham installed in 1998 started leaking in 2003. Now its 2011 and the new one is leaking. Both cracked blocks, what a hassle and expense. May switch to Buderus. Never buy a Burnham.

Date created: 2010-12-29 Name: Todd
Location: Needham, Ma

"Misery loves Company -Bad V8 burnham"
Well its comforting to know I am not alone . but its a real bummer that I too got a bad casting as well that needs to be replaced according to my service man . I was planning to accept the free replacement casting from burnham , but after reading all of the comments I think I will forgo the freebee and buy a weil -mcclaine

Date created: 2010-12-29 Name: L Chin
Location: Scituate MA

"C4 corroded after 12 yrs"
Burnham claims it's the water, wants me to buy their Megasteam Boiler. No way. Why didn't they insist on a chloride remover?

Date created: 2010-12-27 Name: Kathy
Location: LI, NY

"15 year old boiler"
Our boiler has been troublesome off and on.....firewall meltdown this past summer and now leaking on Christmas! The boiler is 15 years old with a 25 year warranty.....I'll keep you all posted as to what I am offered!

Date created: 2010-12-23 Name: Craig K
Location: Middletown Ct

"Never buy a Burnham"
My father went threw two cracked boiler's in the last 25 years.Now this morning another leak.He is 80 and is on a fixed income,what a scumbag company.

Date created: 2010-12-22 Name: Sue
Location: New Hampshire

"V7 leaking"
Installed the Burnham V7 in 1997 after purchasing my house. Told it was the cadillac. The unit is cracked, leaking and needs to be replaced. So it seems I am lucky it has gone this long based on the other posts here. I have begun the run around with Burnham. It would seem their warranty isn't worth the paper it is written on.

Date created: 2010-12-21 Name: James Plante

"Unhappy Customer"
So last week I posted a review about my boiler V8 series being defective but under warranty. Burnham would pay for the defective parts but I had to pay for shipping, labor and such to the tune of.......lets just say i could have bought a new boiler just about after all was said and done. I got absoulutley no where when I called Burnham so I decided to call thoer owner company US boler and asked to speak with the President Paul Spaulding. I left hm a voice message and he actually called me back in person and made good for all the necessary parts and 1,ooo in labor. Although I don't think a cunsumer should have had to go through all that I was impressed by Mr. Spaulding quick responce.

Date created: 2010-12-17 Name: James Plante
Location: 66 Coit Ave West Warwick, RI 02893

"Unhappy Customer"
I ahve been reading many of the reviews of Burnham Boilers and I am convinced that they are selling faulty boilers. They hide behind their so called warranty. They are made here in the UNITED STATES I am ashamed to say and are screwing AMERICANS!!!!!!! My boiler is only 7 years old and is rotting out from the inside. The warranty is in effect and the faulty parts are covered onder the warranty...however...I have to pay for shipping and handeling of their faulty parts......I have to pay for the labor to fix their faulty boiler......and guess what? Its going to cost me the same amount repair as it would to buy a new boiler!!! How amazing is that!!!! I will never buy from BURNHAM again and I will let everyone one know what I'm going through!!!! SHAME ON YOU BURNHAM!!!!!!!!!

Date created: 2010-12-16 Name: G. Berry
Location: Alexandria, VA

"Poor Customer Service"
Just had a Burnham boiler installed. Appears to be grossly oversized for my application. The contractor who recommended this boiler at this size isn't returning my calls. Burnham boilers refuses to discuss technical criteria for boiler selection so I can definitively determine that the boiler is/is not sized correctly.

Date created: 2010-12-15 Name: BillT
Location: Connecticut

"Burnham V"
Embarrassed to say my ten year old Burnham is peeing on my basement floor.