Consumer Reviews of BURNHAM boilers

Read more about BURNHAM boilers

Date created: 2010-12-23 Name: Craig K
Location: Middletown Ct

"Never buy a Burnham"
My father went threw two cracked boiler's in the last 25 years.Now this morning another leak.He is 80 and is on a fixed income,what a scumbag company.

Date created: 2010-12-22 Name: Sue
Location: New Hampshire

"V7 leaking"
Installed the Burnham V7 in 1997 after purchasing my house. Told it was the cadillac. The unit is cracked, leaking and needs to be replaced. So it seems I am lucky it has gone this long based on the other posts here. I have begun the run around with Burnham. It would seem their warranty isn't worth the paper it is written on.

Date created: 2010-12-21 Name: James Plante

"Unhappy Customer"
So last week I posted a review about my boiler V8 series being defective but under warranty. Burnham would pay for the defective parts but I had to pay for shipping, labor and such to the tune of.......lets just say i could have bought a new boiler just about after all was said and done. I got absoulutley no where when I called Burnham so I decided to call thoer owner company US boler and asked to speak with the President Paul Spaulding. I left hm a voice message and he actually called me back in person and made good for all the necessary parts and 1,ooo in labor. Although I don't think a cunsumer should have had to go through all that I was impressed by Mr. Spaulding quick responce.

Date created: 2010-12-17 Name: James Plante
Location: 66 Coit Ave West Warwick, RI 02893

"Unhappy Customer"
I ahve been reading many of the reviews of Burnham Boilers and I am convinced that they are selling faulty boilers. They hide behind their so called warranty. They are made here in the UNITED STATES I am ashamed to say and are screwing AMERICANS!!!!!!! My boiler is only 7 years old and is rotting out from the inside. The warranty is in effect and the faulty parts are covered onder the warranty...however...I have to pay for shipping and handeling of their faulty parts......I have to pay for the labor to fix their faulty boiler......and guess what? Its going to cost me the same amount repair as it would to buy a new boiler!!! How amazing is that!!!! I will never buy from BURNHAM again and I will let everyone one know what I'm going through!!!! SHAME ON YOU BURNHAM!!!!!!!!!

Date created: 2010-12-16 Name: G. Berry
Location: Alexandria, VA

"Poor Customer Service"
Just had a Burnham boiler installed. Appears to be grossly oversized for my application. The contractor who recommended this boiler at this size isn't returning my calls. Burnham boilers refuses to discuss technical criteria for boiler selection so I can definitively determine that the boiler is/is not sized correctly.

Date created: 2010-12-15 Name: BillT
Location: Connecticut

"Burnham V"
Embarrassed to say my ten year old Burnham is peeing on my basement floor.

Date created: 2010-12-13 Name: Sal L.
Location: Connecticut

"Worst choice ever"
Here comes another of "those" reviews. If it helps one of you from making the mistake I did it's worth the effort. If it says Burnham on the side of the boiler it means keep a mop next to the furnace. Water EVERYWHERE at the base of the boiler. Called a repair service tech from our oil company on a Sunday to the tune of $131.00 for him to tell me in 5 SECONDS that the Burnham boilers manufactured around the time mine was made (1997) had a design flaw that manifested itself as corrosion followed by leaking. Five thousand dollars later (a child's post secondary school education is highly over-rated) we are replacing the boiler. After 12 years Burnham was willing to assist us to the tune of $530.00 but here's the catch; you get to put in another Burnham boiler! First time shame on them for selling a product that fails and then to have the stones to NOT stand behind their product. But, if I put another one in to replace the one that was terrible to begin with which one of us becomes the idiot? Bottom line, RUN to another boiler company.

Date created: 2010-12-09 Name: Bill Getas
Location: Boonesboro, MD

"Yikes"
Got an old oil fired Burnham boiler in Boonesboro, Md. It has a secret crack that lets all the steam escape when firing up from cold (cold metal block). This of course has rusted the top inside ruinously and burns up oil like mad ($500 / 3 weeks). Low water cutout kicks in, unit shuts off. Unit cools, water refill kicks in, unit starts from a lukewarm condition, so the tiny leak doesn't leak quite as much steam. Efficiency goes from 5% to 10%. House radiators get lukewarm. Repeat. Repeat. We're new in the house but this has apparently been going on for years. Getting this problem diagnosed and recognized in itself has been a real chore. Now, replacing the unit, another chore. After reading these widely, deeply painful responses, there's no way we'd consider another Burnham.

Date created: 2010-12-08 Name: joe thomliss

"God awful"
It was installed after it's 1 year old predecessor died. the 1 year old one was also a brand new burnham unit. The casing leaked, flooding our basement with anti-freeze. No harm done, right? The casing also had a bizarre fire proofed rubber flashing and gasket which MELTED and clogged the vent. again a big expensive fix to have the top and vent taken down to have the casing gasket trimmed. DO NOT BUY A BURNHAM OIL FIRED BOILER

Date created: 2010-12-08 Name: mjr dissatisfation
Location: Boston MA

"What do i do???"
Installed new system by Petro in 2004. They "recomended" the Burnham brand and now the casting is cracked and leaking! Still have to research, but I am told i will be left holding the bag! Estimated at $5000. I repaced a system that was over 60 years old that was working, but just wasnt effecient. uuuuuuuuuuuugggggggggghhhhhhhh help