Consumer Reviews of Burnham boilers

Read more about Burnham boilers

Date created: 2011-01-18 Name: Dan
Location: Pawling New York

"Criminal"
My girlfriend purchased her home in 1997, by 2003, the boiler cracked..second Burnham installed, this year around Christmas, same thing. The skunks will give $600 toward new one, wow what a help considering everyone charges $4000 give or take, and many don't offer financing. People are struggling just to pay the mortgage and this company allows cheap products to be installed.We are in the meantime using wet vacs to control the water leaking when we turn the unit on and have kerosene and electric heaters this freezing New York winter 2011. Some people have no soul.

Date created: 2011-01-15 Name: Matt Smetana
Location: NJ

"Waste of Money"
Just finished replacing a Burnham Boiler 3+ years ago, only 8 years old (4 years no one was in the house, and was barely run). They said there had to be a leak and I had to put a water meter on the boiler. For 2+ years it never added water. Got a replacement under the original warrenty. Now I'm replacing the replacement 3 1/2 years later. Same problem, a gaping hole in the top. This time it costs me $500, +$150 in parts due to all the changes, + labor. It's time for a lawsuit.
Date created: 2011-01-10 Name: B Bailey

"Boiler corrodes and cracks, don't honor warranty"
My steam boiler (in MA) corroded and got holes in the block/jacket after 9.5 years. They won't honor the 10-year warranty because we were not the original owner and they say they don't cover corrosion. How can you expect someone to pay so much for an appliance that doesn't last 10 years?
Date created: 2011-01-07 Name: chuck
Location: Connecticut

"Should of been called BURN-EM"
Same story as most. First Burnham installed in 1998 started leaking in 2003. Now its 2011 and the new one is leaking. Both cracked blocks, what a hassle and expense. May switch to Buderus. Never buy a Burnham.
Date created: 2010-12-29 Name: Todd
Location: Needham, Ma

"Misery loves Company -Bad V8 burnham"
Well its comforting to know I am not alone . but its a real bummer that I too got a bad casting as well that needs to be replaced according to my service man . I was planning to accept the free replacement casting from burnham , but after reading all of the comments I think I will forgo the freebee and buy a weil -mcclaine
Date created: 2010-12-29 Name: L Chin
Location: Scituate MA

"C4 corroded after 12 yrs"
Burnham claims it's the water, wants me to buy their Megasteam Boiler. No way. Why didn't they insist on a chloride remover?
Date created: 2010-12-27 Name: Kathy
Location: LI, NY

"15 year old boiler"
Our boiler has been troublesome off and on.....firewall meltdown this past summer and now leaking on Christmas! The boiler is 15 years old with a 25 year warranty.....I'll keep you all posted as to what I am offered!
Date created: 2010-12-23 Name: Craig K
Location: Middletown Ct

"Never buy a Burnham"
My father went threw two cracked boiler's in the last 25 years.Now this morning another leak.He is 80 and is on a fixed income,what a scumbag company.
Date created: 2010-12-22 Name: Sue
Location: New Hampshire

"V7 leaking"
Installed the Burnham V7 in 1997 after purchasing my house. Told it was the cadillac. The unit is cracked, leaking and needs to be replaced. So it seems I am lucky it has gone this long based on the other posts here. I have begun the run around with Burnham. It would seem their warranty isn't worth the paper it is written on.
Date created: 2010-12-21 Name: James Plante

"Unhappy Customer"
So last week I posted a review about my boiler V8 series being defective but under warranty. Burnham would pay for the defective parts but I had to pay for shipping, labor and such to the tune of.......lets just say i could have bought a new boiler just about after all was said and done. I got absoulutley no where when I called Burnham so I decided to call thoer owner company US boler and asked to speak with the President Paul Spaulding. I left hm a voice message and he actually called me back in person and made good for all the necessary parts and 1,ooo in labor. Although I don't think a cunsumer should have had to go through all that I was impressed by Mr. Spaulding quick responce.