Consumer Reviews of Burnham boilers

Read more about Burnham boilers

Date created: 2011-02-01 Name: John
Location: CT

"Another Leaker..."
I am very surprised by number of stories on this site that are all the same. I have the same story as well... 6 year old boiler is leaking... told I could pay $700 for replacement part under warranty (+ $2000 in labor!) or buy a new boiler for $2000 + $2000 in labor. Burnham takes no responsibility for leak... blames it on salt in the water... funny how my neighbors don't have the same problem?! Terrible customer service.

Date created: 2011-01-31 Name: susie c
Location: Hastings on Hudson NY

"Horrible customer service, expensive, and faulty products"
Our high efficiency boiler was a lemon (never worked initially)... had to deal with plumber and electricians who already put in their time installing it, and then the transformer blew, then had to wait for an authorized burnham repair man to come and check it out, had to pay for the replacement parts up front, then another set of parts blew. Burnham wanted to rebuild the defective parts but we insisted on a new boiler after 2 rounds of this and no heat in December. Finally got it fixed, still after over a month waiting for reimbursement for the parts and the labor. TOday our water heater blew. It is only 30 days old. What the heck kind of company is this? They don't even talk to consumers and plumbers. And our plumber doesn't want to deal with this piece of crap boiler anymore because it sucked up his time.
Date created: 2011-01-30 Name: J Hurts
Location: Long Island N.Y

"Serice Tech"
This company and anyone who sells or installs these boilers should be draged into court to repay the homeowner for repeated defects in this boiler.....................
Date created: 2011-01-30 Name: Gabe
Location: Jersey City , New Jersey

"Totally Embarassed"
For the past 11 years, I have been installing Burnham Boilers for a certain company in New Jersey. And this boiler is PURE GARBAGE" the v8 series ALL HAVE ROTTED from the top and in many many cases the Block replacements have also rotted! NOW, They are having us sell this "mega steam" boiler. I have seen this boiler in action and it is a GREAT BOILER, but why did they wait so damn long? And people wonder why we have " NO FAITH" in American products? THIS IS A REASON! but read this in advance I personally have already seen a flaw in the " Mega steam boiler, and that is a LEAK ON THE FLOOR RIGHT WHERE THE SEAMS FOR THE SECTIONS MEET! beware ! PEERLESS,UTICA,WEIL MCLAIN, is the way to go!
Date created: 2011-01-28 Name: john L
Location: Woonsocket, RI

"I feel lucky"
Believe it or not I had my Burnham installed in 1986. yes 1986. i have had little problems with it. I now am in the market for a new system and after reading all these sad stories i will not even concider a Burnham
Date created: 2011-01-25 Name: D.MELANSON
Location: SWANSEA MA.

Same problem nice big holes in center of center water jacket.oil fired steam boiler is 11 years old.either bad casting or rotting out from water possibly comming in from exhaust duct work and sitting on top.either way not covered.new boiler wont be burnham thats for sure.no wonder this country is falling fast nice work guys.keep it up maybe you guys will be looking for a job soon.
Date created: 2011-01-23 Name: Peter Mantynen
Location: long Island

"Burnham boilers suck"
I have 2 leaky burnham boilers in my basement both less than 10 years old These 2 boilers suck I will never by this brand again I would rather become a lumber jack and use a wood burning stove
Date created: 2011-01-19 Name: RONNIE A
Location: HICKSVILLE L I N Y

"SHAMEFUL OF A US BOILER COMPANY SELLING TO THE US PEOPLE"
YOU ARE SELLING JUNKIE // LEAKING BOILERS TO THE PEOPLE OF THE U.S.& YOU STILL ARE DOING SO KNOWING THE BOILERS LEAK & BURNHAM BOILERS MADE IN THE USA !!!! WOW & WE WONDER WHY THIS COUNTRY IS IN SUCH BAD SHAPE THANK YOU BURNHAM & I THINK YOUR BOLIERS SUCK BURHAM MUST THINK JUST SHELL OUT ANOTHER 4 OR 5 GRAND FOR ANOTHER ONE IS EASY <> pEOPLE ARE ON THE BALLS OF THERE ASS THESE DAYS & ITS NOT EASY TO JUST SHELL OUT THAT KIND OF MONEY !!!!! WE DO WE GO FROM HERE ??
Date created: 2011-01-19 Name: pdonahue
Location: andover, ma

"Leaking unit"
I too have a leaking boiler with steam going up the chimney after only 4 years. Appears to be defection heater core, but the installation of new part is $2000! there must be some recourse?
Date created: 2011-01-18 Name: John L.
Location: New Hyde Park, N.Y.

"Another Leaky Burnham Boiler"
I paid $4800 to have a model KV84 Burnham boiler installed in my home in May, 2004 by my oil company. I am told it is now leaking from the block. It was warranteed for 10 years but no one at Burnham seems to come clean on their warranty. I advise anyone that is considering buying a boiler from this company to seach for another brand before you end up in the same situation I'm in. Does anyone know if there is a class action lawsuit against Burnham. If so please post a contact.