Consumer Reviews of BURNHAM boilers

Read more about BURNHAM boilers

Date created: 2011-01-25 Name: D.MELANSON
Location: SWANSEA MA.

Same problem nice big holes in center of center water jacket.oil fired steam boiler is 11 years old.either bad casting or rotting out from water possibly comming in from exhaust duct work and sitting on top.either way not covered.new boiler wont be burnham thats for sure.no wonder this country is falling fast nice work guys.keep it up maybe you guys will be looking for a job soon.

Date created: 2011-01-23 Name: Peter Mantynen
Location: long Island

"Burnham boilers suck"
I have 2 leaky burnham boilers in my basement both less than 10 years old These 2 boilers suck I will never by this brand again I would rather become a lumber jack and use a wood burning stove

Date created: 2011-01-19 Name: RONNIE A
Location: HICKSVILLE L I N Y

"SHAMEFUL OF A US BOILER COMPANY SELLING TO THE US PEOPLE"
YOU ARE SELLING JUNKIE // LEAKING BOILERS TO THE PEOPLE OF THE U.S.& YOU STILL ARE DOING SO KNOWING THE BOILERS LEAK & BURNHAM BOILERS MADE IN THE USA !!!! WOW & WE WONDER WHY THIS COUNTRY IS IN SUCH BAD SHAPE THANK YOU BURNHAM & I THINK YOUR BOLIERS SUCK BURHAM MUST THINK JUST SHELL OUT ANOTHER 4 OR 5 GRAND FOR ANOTHER ONE IS EASY <> pEOPLE ARE ON THE BALLS OF THERE ASS THESE DAYS & ITS NOT EASY TO JUST SHELL OUT THAT KIND OF MONEY !!!!! WE DO WE GO FROM HERE ??

Date created: 2011-01-19 Name: pdonahue
Location: andover, ma

"Leaking unit"
I too have a leaking boiler with steam going up the chimney after only 4 years. Appears to be defection heater core, but the installation of new part is $2000! there must be some recourse?

Date created: 2011-01-18 Name: John L.
Location: New Hyde Park, N.Y.

"Another Leaky Burnham Boiler"
I paid $4800 to have a model KV84 Burnham boiler installed in my home in May, 2004 by my oil company. I am told it is now leaking from the block. It was warranteed for 10 years but no one at Burnham seems to come clean on their warranty. I advise anyone that is considering buying a boiler from this company to seach for another brand before you end up in the same situation I'm in. Does anyone know if there is a class action lawsuit against Burnham. If so please post a contact.

Date created: 2011-01-18 Name: Dan
Location: Pawling New York

"Criminal"
My girlfriend purchased her home in 1997, by 2003, the boiler cracked..second Burnham installed, this year around Christmas, same thing. The skunks will give $600 toward new one, wow what a help considering everyone charges $4000 give or take, and many don't offer financing. People are struggling just to pay the mortgage and this company allows cheap products to be installed.We are in the meantime using wet vacs to control the water leaking when we turn the unit on and have kerosene and electric heaters this freezing New York winter 2011. Some people have no soul.

Date created: 2011-01-15 Name: Matt Smetana
Location: NJ

"Waste of Money"
Just finished replacing a Burnham Boiler 3+ years ago, only 8 years old (4 years no one was in the house, and was barely run). They said there had to be a leak and I had to put a water meter on the boiler. For 2+ years it never added water. Got a replacement under the original warrenty. Now I'm replacing the replacement 3 1/2 years later. Same problem, a gaping hole in the top. This time it costs me $500, +$150 in parts due to all the changes, + labor. It's time for a lawsuit.

Date created: 2011-01-10 Name: B Bailey

"Boiler corrodes and cracks, don't honor warranty"
My steam boiler (in MA) corroded and got holes in the block/jacket after 9.5 years. They won't honor the 10-year warranty because we were not the original owner and they say they don't cover corrosion. How can you expect someone to pay so much for an appliance that doesn't last 10 years?

Date created: 2011-01-07 Name: chuck
Location: Connecticut

"Should of been called BURN-EM"
Same story as most. First Burnham installed in 1998 started leaking in 2003. Now its 2011 and the new one is leaking. Both cracked blocks, what a hassle and expense. May switch to Buderus. Never buy a Burnham.

Date created: 2010-12-29 Name: Todd
Location: Needham, Ma

"Misery loves Company -Bad V8 burnham"
Well its comforting to know I am not alone . but its a real bummer that I too got a bad casting as well that needs to be replaced according to my service man . I was planning to accept the free replacement casting from burnham , but after reading all of the comments I think I will forgo the freebee and buy a weil -mcclaine