Consumer Reviews of BURNHAM boilers

Read more about BURNHAM boilers

Date created: 2011-03-29 Name: M. Wallace
Location: Lebanon, CT

"Don't Buy a Burnham"
Block cracked, had to pay $800.00 in labor. Asked Burnham to reimburse me and stand by their product. Guess what??? They don't care about their customers. The last time I will purchase one of their products. I joined a class-action law suit against them.

Date created: 2011-03-15 Name: Eric Swenson
Location: Lakeville, MA

"2 dead boilers in 20 years"
My house was built in 1992. A Burnham boiler (oil heat) was installed. In 2001 that boiler conked out. Replaced under warranty with another Burnham boiler. March 2011 that boiler leaked and is being replaced as I type. Two boilers from the same company that didn't last more that 10 years. That spells JUNK.

Date created: 2011-03-14 Name: D.Mere
Location: LINY

"Burnham MPO-IQ Boiler Reliability"
Can anyone provide input regarding the reliability, quality and performance of the Burnham mpo-iq boiler? I havent read good things about the Burnham boilers here ( 93 very unsatisfied out of 115 ). Have the boiler quality issues been solved with the mpo design? I have also been quoted a pricey $9000 install cost to replace my 24 year old Peerless. Any info on this boiler is welcomed. Thanks.

Date created: 2011-03-13 Name: Chuck
Location: Portland, ME

"Running strong"
Moved into a house with a 20+ year old v-75-t. Had been sitting 2 years idle as the house was a foreclosure. Was expecting to replace it. One year later its running strong. Maybe like alot of things the older the better.

Date created: 2011-03-10 Name: Karen R.
Location: Cumberland, ME

"Okay"
We have one, get it serviced every year, so far no problems. We've been in the house 8 years the house is 16 years old.

Date created: 2011-02-23 Name: Jerry
Location: Long Island, NY

"Top of the Line"
I own rental buildings and a licensed plumber and Burnham is all that I install. It's a first rate boiler. If you follow proper piping practice, limit the amount of make-up water as you should and check your water quality, the things run forever. I'm just replacing a Burnham Jubelee that was installed in 1963, and it's not even leaking. Easy to service, quality American manufacturing, you can't beat them. These negative reviews are from improperly installed units and people who added water to their steam systems every day.

Date created: 2011-02-21 Name: L. Gaines

"2 rotted boilers in less than 15 years"
I purchased a burnham boiler my unit and a second one 2 years later for my first floor unit. discivered the first one rotted and useless after only 14 years and now the second one has the same defect- rotted at the top and useless. I don't expect a replacement nor would i want one

Date created: 2011-02-18 Name: John Gorborino
Location: South Windsor, Ct.

"Why!!!"
Why should I have to pay to replace a ten year and three month old boiler that has developed a crack in the casting? Burnham knows these castings are faulty and should own up to it. My old Repco burner lasted over 35 years and never leaked water. Very unhappy customer not only with Burnham, but also with the company that sold this piece of junk to me.

Date created: 2011-02-10 Name: J.Cline
Location: Now in Colorado

"Boiler Cracks"
I had built a house in 1997 out of Poughkeepsie, NY---about 2000 sqf. I forget what model it was at the time---fuel oil fired. It developed a crack in late Fall of 2004. Called my oil company to see what could be done. They called Burnham and discovered that there was a known problem with the castings--they had started outsourcing casting production to Taiwan or China and they were finding them to be defective after 5-10 years in service. Found out that Burnham was replacing all of these units with the newer V8'---gratis. I was told they had started casting production back in the states again. The day of the change-out came and I think an outfit called the Heat Doctors (or something to that effect) was contracted to do the job. About 4 or 5 of their people showed up to move the beasts out and the new in---about 1.5-2Hours work. Pipes were cut and a pedestal assembled of concrete blocks 18 in. high to meet the new code. Two technicians stayed on to complete the job for about 5 hours more. No more problems from then on. We moved away from New York in 2006 so I cannot comment on what has happened since---but my experience was very satisfying from a service perspective. Before the leak, it was a very dependable unit and boy could it put out the heat and the new one performed just as well.

Date created: 2011-02-01 Name: John
Location: CT

"Another Leaker..."
I am very surprised by number of stories on this site that are all the same. I have the same story as well... 6 year old boiler is leaking... told I could pay $700 for replacement part under warranty (+ $2000 in labor!) or buy a new boiler for $2000 + $2000 in labor. Burnham takes no responsibility for leak... blames it on salt in the water... funny how my neighbors don't have the same problem?! Terrible customer service.