Consumer Reviews of BURNHAM boilers

Read more about BURNHAM boilers

Date created: 2011-03-10 Name: Karen R.
Location: Cumberland, ME

"Okay"
We have one, get it serviced every year, so far no problems. We've been in the house 8 years the house is 16 years old.

Date created: 2011-02-23 Name: Jerry
Location: Long Island, NY

"Top of the Line"
I own rental buildings and a licensed plumber and Burnham is all that I install. It's a first rate boiler. If you follow proper piping practice, limit the amount of make-up water as you should and check your water quality, the things run forever. I'm just replacing a Burnham Jubelee that was installed in 1963, and it's not even leaking. Easy to service, quality American manufacturing, you can't beat them. These negative reviews are from improperly installed units and people who added water to their steam systems every day.

Date created: 2011-02-21 Name: L. Gaines

"2 rotted boilers in less than 15 years"
I purchased a burnham boiler my unit and a second one 2 years later for my first floor unit. discivered the first one rotted and useless after only 14 years and now the second one has the same defect- rotted at the top and useless. I don't expect a replacement nor would i want one

Date created: 2011-02-18 Name: John Gorborino
Location: South Windsor, Ct.

"Why!!!"
Why should I have to pay to replace a ten year and three month old boiler that has developed a crack in the casting? Burnham knows these castings are faulty and should own up to it. My old Repco burner lasted over 35 years and never leaked water. Very unhappy customer not only with Burnham, but also with the company that sold this piece of junk to me.

Date created: 2011-02-10 Name: J.Cline
Location: Now in Colorado

"Boiler Cracks"
I had built a house in 1997 out of Poughkeepsie, NY---about 2000 sqf. I forget what model it was at the time---fuel oil fired. It developed a crack in late Fall of 2004. Called my oil company to see what could be done. They called Burnham and discovered that there was a known problem with the castings--they had started outsourcing casting production to Taiwan or China and they were finding them to be defective after 5-10 years in service. Found out that Burnham was replacing all of these units with the newer V8'---gratis. I was told they had started casting production back in the states again. The day of the change-out came and I think an outfit called the Heat Doctors (or something to that effect) was contracted to do the job. About 4 or 5 of their people showed up to move the beasts out and the new in---about 1.5-2Hours work. Pipes were cut and a pedestal assembled of concrete blocks 18 in. high to meet the new code. Two technicians stayed on to complete the job for about 5 hours more. No more problems from then on. We moved away from New York in 2006 so I cannot comment on what has happened since---but my experience was very satisfying from a service perspective. Before the leak, it was a very dependable unit and boy could it put out the heat and the new one performed just as well.

Date created: 2011-02-01 Name: John
Location: CT

"Another Leaker..."
I am very surprised by number of stories on this site that are all the same. I have the same story as well... 6 year old boiler is leaking... told I could pay $700 for replacement part under warranty (+ $2000 in labor!) or buy a new boiler for $2000 + $2000 in labor. Burnham takes no responsibility for leak... blames it on salt in the water... funny how my neighbors don't have the same problem?! Terrible customer service.

Date created: 2011-01-31 Name: susie c
Location: Hastings on Hudson NY

"Horrible customer service, expensive, and faulty products"
Our high efficiency boiler was a lemon (never worked initially)... had to deal with plumber and electricians who already put in their time installing it, and then the transformer blew, then had to wait for an authorized burnham repair man to come and check it out, had to pay for the replacement parts up front, then another set of parts blew. Burnham wanted to rebuild the defective parts but we insisted on a new boiler after 2 rounds of this and no heat in December. Finally got it fixed, still after over a month waiting for reimbursement for the parts and the labor. TOday our water heater blew. It is only 30 days old. What the heck kind of company is this? They don't even talk to consumers and plumbers. And our plumber doesn't want to deal with this piece of crap boiler anymore because it sucked up his time.

Date created: 2011-01-30 Name: J Hurts
Location: Long Island N.Y

"Serice Tech"
This company and anyone who sells or installs these boilers should be draged into court to repay the homeowner for repeated defects in this boiler.....................

Date created: 2011-01-30 Name: Gabe
Location: Jersey City , New Jersey

"Totally Embarassed"
For the past 11 years, I have been installing Burnham Boilers for a certain company in New Jersey. And this boiler is PURE GARBAGE" the v8 series ALL HAVE ROTTED from the top and in many many cases the Block replacements have also rotted! NOW, They are having us sell this "mega steam" boiler. I have seen this boiler in action and it is a GREAT BOILER, but why did they wait so damn long? And people wonder why we have " NO FAITH" in American products? THIS IS A REASON! but read this in advance I personally have already seen a flaw in the " Mega steam boiler, and that is a LEAK ON THE FLOOR RIGHT WHERE THE SEAMS FOR THE SECTIONS MEET! beware ! PEERLESS,UTICA,WEIL MCLAIN, is the way to go!

Date created: 2011-01-28 Name: john L
Location: Woonsocket, RI

"I feel lucky"
Believe it or not I had my Burnham installed in 1986. yes 1986. i have had little problems with it. I now am in the market for a new system and after reading all these sad stories i will not even concider a Burnham