Consumer Reviews of Burnham boilers

Read more about Burnham boilers

Date created: 2011-05-04 Location: seattle washington

"MegaSteam boiler is an amazing boiler"
I have owned my boiler for about 8 months now and i think its fantastic . I like that it is an energy star product and it has a great warranty ,i purchased an extended warranty and that lasts for 10 years it cover most parts and issues with the boiler . My water is always hot and i never have to worry about my bathwater being cold because someone is doing the dishes or laundry . the one thing i did not like was the price it was pretty expensive but it is worth the money . i still have not had to replace any parts or repair it in anyway which i find very impressive , i would recommend the mega steam to anyone who uses allot of hot water or hates to fill there boiler often , i would most definitely buy this product again . it was actually really easy to install my husband did it himself in an hour or so . i rarely have to fill it with oil it seems to last forever .

Date created: 2011-04-29 Location: Houston, TX

"Burnham ALP 105 Alpine - Finally, Warm Water all Winter!"
Over the past few years we have been slowly trying to make more energy conscious choices to our home. Recently we upgraded our old boiler, tired of the constant cold showers and wonky water temperatures. We upgraded to the Burnham ALP105 Alpine Boiler, finally ridding ourselves of the problem boiler that was installed before we bought the house. Initially, we chose this boiler because after much research it was from a reputable line and qualified as Energy Star compliant. It was well within our price range and the change is noticeable. My gas bill has been noticeably lower. Even though this was an item we initially overlooked in our home repairs the benefit is priceless, we have saved money and no more water temperature issues. I can finally take a long hot bath after the end of the day with no problems and last winter was the first winter where all our family members could take a warm shower in the morning.
Date created: 2011-04-27 Name: F. Fan
Location: westwood, MA

"Junk Burnham boiler"
The same story happened. The Burnham oil boiler installed in 1999 at my house started to leak water. We have to replace this junk boiler.
Date created: 2011-03-29 Name: M. Wallace
Location: Lebanon, CT

"Don't Buy a Burnham"
Block cracked, had to pay $800.00 in labor. Asked Burnham to reimburse me and stand by their product. Guess what??? They don't care about their customers. The last time I will purchase one of their products. I joined a class-action law suit against them.
Date created: 2011-03-15 Name: Eric Swenson
Location: Lakeville, MA

"2 dead boilers in 20 years"
My house was built in 1992. A Burnham boiler (oil heat) was installed. In 2001 that boiler conked out. Replaced under warranty with another Burnham boiler. March 2011 that boiler leaked and is being replaced as I type. Two boilers from the same company that didn't last more that 10 years. That spells JUNK.
Date created: 2011-03-13 Name: Chuck
Location: Portland, ME

"Running strong"
Moved into a house with a 20+ year old v-75-t. Had been sitting 2 years idle as the house was a foreclosure. Was expecting to replace it. One year later its running strong. Maybe like alot of things the older the better.
Date created: 2011-03-10 Name: Karen R.
Location: Cumberland, ME

"Okay"
We have one, get it serviced every year, so far no problems. We've been in the house 8 years the house is 16 years old.
Date created: 2011-02-23 Name: Jerry
Location: Long Island, NY

"Top of the Line"
I own rental buildings and a licensed plumber and Burnham is all that I install. It's a first rate boiler. If you follow proper piping practice, limit the amount of make-up water as you should and check your water quality, the things run forever. I'm just replacing a Burnham Jubelee that was installed in 1963, and it's not even leaking. Easy to service, quality American manufacturing, you can't beat them. These negative reviews are from improperly installed units and people who added water to their steam systems every day.
Date created: 2011-02-21 Name: L. Gaines

"2 rotted boilers in less than 15 years"
I purchased a burnham boiler my unit and a second one 2 years later for my first floor unit. discivered the first one rotted and useless after only 14 years and now the second one has the same defect- rotted at the top and useless. I don't expect a replacement nor would i want one
Date created: 2011-02-18 Name: John Gorborino
Location: South Windsor, Ct.

"Why!!!"
Why should I have to pay to replace a ten year and three month old boiler that has developed a crack in the casting? Burnham knows these castings are faulty and should own up to it. My old Repco burner lasted over 35 years and never leaked water. Very unhappy customer not only with Burnham, but also with the company that sold this piece of junk to me.