Consumer Reviews of BURNHAM boilers

Read more about BURNHAM boilers

Date created: 2011-09-01 Name: Jim
Location: Auburn,Mass

"3 Boilers 11 years"
I replaced a 65 year old converted coal to oil furnace in 2000. It worked fine but was inefficient. I replaced it in 1999 with a Burnham series 7. It only lasted until 2006 and I had a cracked block. They replaced it and I had to pay 1500.00 for shipping and labor. Now I just found out my 2006 series 8 is also cracked. There is no corosian, just a large crack in the cast iron. They blame everything from salt in the roads to my oil service didn't repair it correctly. To my surprise, the warranty doesn't apply to 2006, it goes back to 1999. So, conviniently Burnham will not honor the 2006 replacement. I am in the process of dealing with the company. Next, into the attorney general, bbb and any Consumer Affairs reporter in Massachusetts.

Date created: 2011-07-18 Name: Bill
Location: CT

"Home owner"
Bought a new Burnam furnace in 1997. The cast iron started leaking in 1999. Burnham replace the furnace free of charge including labor.

Date created: 2011-05-18 Location: Seattle, WA

"Possibly the best boiler on the market"
I purchased this boiler just over a month ago and now I don't know how I ever lived without it. There are many things that I like about it. It works very quickly and I never find myself waiting for it to work. It is also extremely efficient, I have lowed my utility bill a great deal since installing this boiler. With my old boiler I was spending a fortune running it and maintaining it. My favorite feature is that it has an excellent ability to condense which gives it maximum efficiency. The main thing that I did not like about this boiler was having to pay for it, it is relatively expensive but it is well worth the money and it will end up paying for itself in the long run. Also it was not simple to install. I would recommend this to a friend but I would also suggest that they all a professional to install it. I would buy this product again but I am expecting that it will last long enough that I won't have to.

Date created: 2011-05-12 Location: Brooklyn, New York

"Burnham has achieved very high ratings and is considered to be "very solid.""
I have own my boiler ever since I moved into my house for about 10 years. I like that my boiler. The meet the triple requirements that are judged by each boiler which is excellent construction, sound design, and ace performance. The boiler has the ability to heat up the entire room which creates a cozy and soft environment. The only thing I dislike about my boiler would be that the noise is very loud and distracting but other then that it has very high results and great quality. This brand comes with a limited time warrenty, so if I had to ever replace my boiler I would always continue to use the same brand. This brand has great reviews as well and hasn't yet caused much of an inconvience. I would definitely recommend my boiler to my friends because it works extremely well and is very efficent. I know that my friends would then choose this boiler over any other leading brand.

Date created: 2011-05-04 Location: seattle washington

"MegaSteam boiler is an amazing boiler"
I have owned my boiler for about 8 months now and i think its fantastic . I like that it is an energy star product and it has a great warranty ,i purchased an extended warranty and that lasts for 10 years it cover most parts and issues with the boiler . My water is always hot and i never have to worry about my bathwater being cold because someone is doing the dishes or laundry . the one thing i did not like was the price it was pretty expensive but it is worth the money . i still have not had to replace any parts or repair it in anyway which i find very impressive , i would recommend the mega steam to anyone who uses allot of hot water or hates to fill there boiler often , i would most definitely buy this product again . it was actually really easy to install my husband did it himself in an hour or so . i rarely have to fill it with oil it seems to last forever .

Date created: 2011-04-29 Location: Houston, TX

"Burnham ALP 105 Alpine - Finally, Warm Water all Winter!"
Over the past few years we have been slowly trying to make more energy conscious choices to our home. Recently we upgraded our old boiler, tired of the constant cold showers and wonky water temperatures. We upgraded to the Burnham ALP105 Alpine Boiler, finally ridding ourselves of the problem boiler that was installed before we bought the house. Initially, we chose this boiler because after much research it was from a reputable line and qualified as Energy Star compliant. It was well within our price range and the change is noticeable. My gas bill has been noticeably lower. Even though this was an item we initially overlooked in our home repairs the benefit is priceless, we have saved money and no more water temperature issues. I can finally take a long hot bath after the end of the day with no problems and last winter was the first winter where all our family members could take a warm shower in the morning.

Date created: 2011-04-27 Name: F. Fan
Location: westwood, MA

"Junk Burnham boiler"
The same story happened. The Burnham oil boiler installed in 1999 at my house started to leak water. We have to replace this junk boiler.

Date created: 2011-03-29 Name: M. Wallace
Location: Lebanon, CT

"Don't Buy a Burnham"
Block cracked, had to pay $800.00 in labor. Asked Burnham to reimburse me and stand by their product. Guess what??? They don't care about their customers. The last time I will purchase one of their products. I joined a class-action law suit against them.

Date created: 2011-03-15 Name: Eric Swenson
Location: Lakeville, MA

"2 dead boilers in 20 years"
My house was built in 1992. A Burnham boiler (oil heat) was installed. In 2001 that boiler conked out. Replaced under warranty with another Burnham boiler. March 2011 that boiler leaked and is being replaced as I type. Two boilers from the same company that didn't last more that 10 years. That spells JUNK.

Date created: 2011-03-13 Name: Chuck
Location: Portland, ME

"Running strong"
Moved into a house with a 20+ year old v-75-t. Had been sitting 2 years idle as the house was a foreclosure. Was expecting to replace it. One year later its running strong. Maybe like alot of things the older the better.