Consumer Reviews of Burnham boilers

Read more about Burnham boilers

Date created: 2012-02-28 Name: First Time Homeowner
Location: Connecticut

"Very Disappointed"
My wife and I purchased our first home at the end of December last year. Included with the house was an immaculate and well serviced Burnham v73 boiler. In the beginning of February the unit began leaking water from a seam in the block. Now, at the end of February, the leak has progressed. I am struggling to keep my basement dry and my home from freezing until I come up with the money for a replacement boiler. Other than that, this boiler works great! Thanks Burnham!

Date created: 2012-02-27 Name: Tom Perillio
Location: Putnam, NY

"Wall Street Bean Counters Ruined the Brand Quality"
Replace unit twice in 12 years (every 6yr). Burnham had a name of quality now the bean counters(wall street guys) have cheaper the materials in the boils, aka: lack of nickel in the castings. The older models would last for 30+ years. No one should have to replace a boiler every 6 years! Burnham Customer (does not)Care does nothing for you! Going for anything besides a Burnham!!!!

Date created: 2012-02-14 Name: Howard Peck
Location: Thompson, Ct.

"? This is good service"
Called for technical help on new installation. 2/14/12 regarding EnviraCOM enabled thermostat connected to Option panel. The tech (Dillon) comment "contact your contractor Burnham does not supply technical information". My contractor was not willing to setup the Honeywell VisionPro iaq. So much for great service.

Date created: 2011-12-26 Name: Robert Gray
Location: Fairbanks, AK

"Cracked Boiler"
Came home off a 13 day trip to find glycol leaking out from under my Burnham pv7 boiler. Refilled the system with glycol and called my heating repairman. He pulled the side panel and there was the leak. He then proceeded to tell me that this was a manufacturing defect in the Burnham pv7 boilers and that he knew of 4 other PV7's in the Fairbanks area that had the same problem and he was in the process of replacing two of them. Burnham needs to Man-Up and take responsibility for their inferior product.

Date created: 2011-12-16 Name: Susan
Location: Rhode Island

"They're boilers suck"
Same problem as a lot of reviews I've read on here. We've only had ours for 3 years and it needs replacing. We have to pay our oil man to install a new one and the company is saying we have to upgrade because they no longer have that model in stock, that's another $600 we have to pay. We will be joining the class action suit against them.

Date created: 2011-12-08 Name: PJ
Location: Providence, RI

"NOISY!!!!!"
We have a brand new Burnham boiler mst 396. It is horribly noisy!!!! I am sorry we purchased it. It is costing us close to $5,000 (after the rebates) and I cannot yet assess its efficiency or how much money it might save us on oil (hopefully it will), but it has made our living room extremely unpleasant. The burn is grindy and loud. It is a good two to three times louder than our previous boiler which was bout 25 years old. The oil company (Petro) has come out to adjust it and improved it a bit, but the living room is still very unpleasant. I don't like spending that kind of money only to make one of my rooms difficult to enjoy. Now we will need to spend extra money to try to sound proof the ceiling in the basement, but I don't even know if that will help. beware!!! Don't get this equipment if noise is going to bother you.

Date created: 2011-11-17 Location: Boston, MA

"The Best Boiler in the Market"
I purchased this boiler just over a month ago and now I don't know how I ever lived without it. There are many things that I like about it. It works very quickly and I never find myself waiting for it to work. It is also extremely efficient, I have lowed my utility bill a great deal since installing this boiler. With my old boiler, I was spending a fortune running it and maintaining it. My favorite feature is that it has an excellent ability to condense which gives it maximum efficiency. The main thing that I did not like about this boiler was having to pay for it, it is relatively expensive but it is well worth the money and it will end up paying for itself in the long run. Also it was not simple to install. I would recommend this to a friend but I would also suggest that they all a professional to install it. I would buy this product again but I am expecting that it will last long enough that I won't have to.

Date created: 2011-11-17 Location: Sunland Park, NM

"The best, most hardworking, Burnham Boiler i have ever had in my life"
I have owned my boiler for about 5 years now. What I really like about it is that it really keeps my home warm. This past winter was particularly cold, and while we were in our house, we didn't feel a thing! Really, the greatest boiler I have ever bought. The only complain I have about it is that I have had to get it repaired about twice now. It needed to be repaired because some of the hoses broke. This happened in my first year of owning it, and in the third. I will definitely buy another Burnham boiler once this one has run its course, and I've already recommended it to basically everyone I know.

Date created: 2011-11-17 Location: River Rouge, MI

"Review of My Home Boiler"
I have newly purchased a home with a boiler. I have always had homes with a furnace so this was a new experience for my husband and I. In the beginning, I was afraid of the overheating issue that could arise from it. But after the HVAC guy came to inspect it and instructed me on how to use it I felt better. I love the fact that my heating bill went down dramatically! I dislike the fact that I have to continuously check the water level. I did and still do need a repair on the water feeder. The prior HVAC guy did not wire it properly so it overfills all the time. I would recommend purchasing a boiler of any brand because the heating lasts longer. It may take longer to heat the home but it lasts a lot longer and doesn't require constant gas to reheat.

Date created: 2011-10-23 Name: pacheco
Location: Brockton ma

"DO NOT BUY"
I have a 10 year old Burnham KV84 unit that has a leak in the coil and have to replace the whole unit not very reliable now. After talking with my oil company they told me that from 2000-2005 85% of the Burnham out in peoples houses, they are seeing the same problem.