Consumer Reviews of Burnham boilers

Read more about Burnham boilers

Date created: 2013-04-12 Name: Jorgie
Location: MA

"Premature Blower Failures"
I have FMC 120 running for 4 and half years onward. There have been 3 failures which cost $1,700 in repair charges. The first blower failed prematurely after 20 months, the second just failed 30 months later and the Tyco 0014 main circulatory failed at 50 months. The installation conforms to all the manual specifications, however the vent and supply 3&#8243; pipes calculate out to 53&#8242; vs. the max limit of 55&#8242. To Burnhamís credit, they reimbursed me for the first blower failure and I have a request for the second. The service representative are on the phone to Burnham, 10 minutes after they arrive to trouble shoot and even then they do not get it right for the first time. I had to find the blown Tyco pump myself and kept the service representative from installing a new control board which was not the problem. Has anyone else had premature blower failures and figured out how to prevent them?

Date created: 2013-02-24 Name: Matthew
Location: Commack, NY

"Coil leak after 12 years"
I am not in the business. I got my kv73 in 2001 after my original Federal failed after 34 years. I had a contract with petro oil and this is what they offered. I heard these were notorious for early failure. Boiler itself ok but I developed a lead in the dhw coil costing be near $500 to replace. Dont know if that is a result of my crappy water or the coil itself. The Federal coil lasted 34 years before the whole thing died. Not happy....

Date created: 2012-12-31 Name: Jim Roberts
Location: Farmingville NY

"Leak in Cast Iron Block"
Purchased a Burnham v-74 in 1997 it now has a leak in the block. Burnham will send me a new block for $1,213.00 or a $675.00 rebate if I buy a new v-8. I will never recommend a Burnham so shop for another brand.

Date created: 2012-11-27 Name: K.Taylor
Location: Catskills, NY

"Replacement"
My Burnham Boiler cracked at 9 years and 9 months old and started leaking water all over my basement. I called the installer who put it in when I built the house and he told me it had a 10 year warranty but I would have to pay for the installation of the new system. Burnham honored my warranty and gave me a brand new system. I just had to pay for the removal and installation of the new system. That was 5 years ago and never a problem since. I paid $400.00 for the removal and install.

Date created: 2012-11-26 Name: Victor Verdejo
Location: Brooklyn, NY

"Burnham kV84 Cracked cast iron blocks"
Petro Oil Co. Installed a Burnham kv84 Boiler on 07/14/2004. On Thursday Nov. 22, 2012 there was no heat or Hot water in the house. Immediately called Petro, Technician discovered cracks in 3 of 4 blocks of the Cast Iron Assy. There was a lot of water inside the Boiler. The technician told me the Boiler needs to be replaced. This Boiler last only 8 years. The original Boiler that I had was over 35 years old and it was working. The reason that was replaced was because Petro Co. Told me that The Burnham kv84 was more efficient. Big lie

Date created: 2012-10-19 Name: LS
Location: CAPE MAY, NJ

"RSA11OLN"
We have had this heater for about 14 years, we service it every other year and it's been great, no problems.

Date created: 2012-09-14 Name: J Waters
Location: Milton, VT

"Cracked boilers"
I had a Burnham boiler installed in 1998. In 2003 the boiler was found to be cracked, and had to be replaced. It was under warranty, but still cost me $800. This year the replacement boiler was found to be cracked, and the unit was condemned as unsalvageable. This is not a make that I would recommend to anyone.

Date created: 2012-07-17 Name: Ed Hurley
Location: Boston, MA

"Feel good"
I'm wondering how many people on here actually tried to talk to Burnham or just listened to what a contractor told them. We moved into our house 3 years ago, and our steam oil boiler failed a year ago when it was 10 years of age, there was no warranty because they are to original owners. Anyway I spoke to them and they gave me consumer goodwill and provided a replacement boiler for $500, not bad for something that they did not have to do. This mega steam boiler reduced my oil bill last year by over 30%. So anyway...I Feel good they treated us okay. People should ask and ask nicely and I think they would be surprised in the response.

Date created: 2012-03-08 Name: R. Khalid
Location: Dearborn Heights, MI

"Burnham Worked For 31 Years!!"
I have to say goodbye to an old friend this week. My Burnham boiler finally sprang a leak and gave out after 31 years. Yes - I have had to replace the pump twice and the flame sensor a few times. But seriously folks 31 years of service on a unit that's guaranteed for 20 years. That's amazing!!!

Date created: 2012-02-28 Name: First Time Homeowner
Location: Connecticut

"Very Disappointed"
My wife and I purchased our first home at the end of December last year. Included with the house was an immaculate and well serviced Burnham v73 boiler. In the beginning of February the unit began leaking water from a seam in the block. Now, at the end of February, the leak has progressed. I am struggling to keep my basement dry and my home from freezing until I come up with the money for a replacement boiler. Other than that, this boiler works great! Thanks Burnham!