Consumer Reviews of BURNHAM boilers

Read more about BURNHAM boilers

Date created: 2012-10-19 Name: LS
Location: CAPE MAY, NJ

"RSA11OLN"
We have had this heater for about 14 years, we service it every other year and it's been great, no problems.

Date created: 2012-09-14 Name: J Waters
Location: Milton, VT

"Cracked boilers"
I had a Burnham boiler installed in 1998. In 2003 the boiler was found to be cracked, and had to be replaced. It was under warranty, but still cost me $800. This year the replacement boiler was found to be cracked, and the unit was condemned as unsalvageable. This is not a make that I would recommend to anyone.

Date created: 2012-07-17 Name: Ed Hurley
Location: Boston, MA

"Feel good"
I'm wondering how many people on here actually tried to talk to Burnham or just listened to what a contractor told them. We moved into our house 3 years ago, and our steam oil boiler failed a year ago when it was 10 years of age, there was no warranty because they are to original owners. Anyway I spoke to them and they gave me consumer goodwill and provided a replacement boiler for $500, not bad for something that they did not have to do. This mega steam boiler reduced my oil bill last year by over 30%. So anyway...I Feel good they treated us okay. People should ask and ask nicely and I think they would be surprised in the response.

Date created: 2012-03-08 Name: R. Khalid
Location: Dearborn Heights, MI

"Burnham Worked For 31 Years!!"
I have to say goodbye to an old friend this week. My Burnham boiler finally sprang a leak and gave out after 31 years. Yes - I have had to replace the pump twice and the flame sensor a few times. But seriously folks 31 years of service on a unit that's guaranteed for 20 years. That's amazing!!!

Date created: 2012-02-28 Name: First Time Homeowner
Location: Connecticut

"Very Disappointed"
My wife and I purchased our first home at the end of December last year. Included with the house was an immaculate and well serviced Burnham v73 boiler. In the beginning of February the unit began leaking water from a seam in the block. Now, at the end of February, the leak has progressed. I am struggling to keep my basement dry and my home from freezing until I come up with the money for a replacement boiler. Other than that, this boiler works great! Thanks Burnham!

Date created: 2012-02-27 Name: Tom Perillio
Location: Putnam, NY

"Wall Street Bean Counters Ruined the Brand Quality"
Replace unit twice in 12 years (every 6yr). Burnham had a name of quality now the bean counters(wall street guys) have cheaper the materials in the boils, aka: lack of nickel in the castings. The older models would last for 30+ years. No one should have to replace a boiler every 6 years! Burnham Customer (does not)Care does nothing for you! Going for anything besides a Burnham!!!!

Date created: 2012-02-14 Name: Howard Peck
Location: Thompson, Ct.

"? This is good service"
Called for technical help on new installation. 2/14/12 regarding EnviraCOM enabled thermostat connected to Option panel. The tech (Dillon) comment "contact your contractor Burnham does not supply technical information". My contractor was not willing to setup the Honeywell VisionPro iaq. So much for great service.

Date created: 2011-12-26 Name: Robert Gray
Location: Fairbanks, AK

"Cracked Boiler"
Came home off a 13 day trip to find glycol leaking out from under my Burnham pv7 boiler. Refilled the system with glycol and called my heating repairman. He pulled the side panel and there was the leak. He then proceeded to tell me that this was a manufacturing defect in the Burnham pv7 boilers and that he knew of 4 other PV7's in the Fairbanks area that had the same problem and he was in the process of replacing two of them. Burnham needs to Man-Up and take responsibility for their inferior product.

Date created: 2011-12-16 Name: Susan
Location: Rhode Island

"They're boilers suck"
Same problem as a lot of reviews I've read on here. We've only had ours for 3 years and it needs replacing. We have to pay our oil man to install a new one and the company is saying we have to upgrade because they no longer have that model in stock, that's another $600 we have to pay. We will be joining the class action suit against them.

Date created: 2011-12-08 Name: PJ
Location: Providence, RI

"NOISY!!!!!"
We have a brand new Burnham boiler mst 396. It is horribly noisy!!!! I am sorry we purchased it. It is costing us close to $5,000 (after the rebates) and I cannot yet assess its efficiency or how much money it might save us on oil (hopefully it will), but it has made our living room extremely unpleasant. The burn is grindy and loud. It is a good two to three times louder than our previous boiler which was bout 25 years old. The oil company (Petro) has come out to adjust it and improved it a bit, but the living room is still very unpleasant. I don't like spending that kind of money only to make one of my rooms difficult to enjoy. Now we will need to spend extra money to try to sound proof the ceiling in the basement, but I don't even know if that will help. beware!!! Don't get this equipment if noise is going to bother you.