Consumer Reviews of Burnham boilers

Read more about Burnham boilers

Date created: 2015-06-05 Location: NY

"choosing the best boiler"
I have had this boiler in my home for a year and half now . The fact I especially like about it is that it is gas-fired which saves fuel cost and it's also perfectly compatible with the gas connection at my home. So far there have been no incidents of hauling fuel to my house for it. However, this fact is also a con because it's efficiency is somewhat lower than that of an oil-fired boiler. In the time I have had it, it hasn't broken down even once, not has its efficiency lowered from what it was when I first installed it. Overall it is a reliable product, I don't have to constantly worry that it will break down when it's really needed. The customer service by the company was satisfactory and I would definitely buy the same brand again but my next purchase will most like be a fuel-fired boiler. I would and do recommend this brand to my friends and ask them specifically to browse through the entire range and select the one that best suits their needs and conditions. The company offers a wide range of boilers, each suited for different parts of the country and for different fuel types

Date created: 2015-04-06 Location: Jacksonville, Fl

"MegaSteam boiler! great purchase, very very very satisfied"
Very satisfied, owned and used for 2 1/2 years now and am very happy with my purchase. I had the opportunity to get it cheaper but I installed it myself and have not had to repair it yet! I like the size of the boiler not too much room taken up. I disliked the installation but I decided to put it in myself and got it done for free so I can't complain. I would buy another if in the future I indeed need another or have to purchase one for a new house or place. I actually would recommend this to a friend if I had one ask because I got mine for a nice 2,100 compared to the 2,500 I seen advertised. Worth the wait and the purchase. Since I never really had to purchase one I wouldn't mind having to get another for a good price for this same brand.
Date created: 2015-04-06 Location: Wichita

"AFter installing a new pilot light and cleaning the burner assembly my boiler every 6 months my boiler works great."
I bought my Burnham boiler at a machinery warehouse in Wichita 2 years ago in 2013. I made my initial purchase payback within 6 months. My favorite part of this boiler is that additional heat coming off the machine is captured and used to preheat water entering the boiler. I dislike the size. It is very large. I have replaced the pilot light and cleaned the burner assembly every 6 months. This regular upkeep is the only repair I have done to it. It has never broke down and needed immediate repair. I would buy the same brand again. I have two other homes. One in Hawaii and one in Northeast Maine and I am going to buy the same boiler for these homes. I already recommended it to 2 of my friends. One friend already purchased his but he has had it for only 6 months which isn't long enough to know if it will be as reliable as mine.
Date created: 2014-12-22 Name: Tom Roberts
Location: Monroe, CT

"Bad experience with US Boiler / Burnham"
I moved into the house in December 2013. I immediately discovered a cracked block on the 10-year-old boiler (probably not revealed by the seller). Early cracked blocks were a known (to plumbers I talked to) problem on that series. I called support, and they wouldn't cover it at the same level as they would for the original buyer, which was disappointing, but at least they gave a $700 credit. I asked, what if I sell the house - will they transfer the warranty to the buyer? They said yes, call us then. December of 2014: I'm selling the house and called US Boiler. I asked, will you please transfer the warranty to the buyer? Answer: No, that's against our policy. She had an attitude about it too. So my experience within 1 year was failed equipment, immense costs, dishonesty or incompetence in the warranty transfer thing, and attitude from the customer service.
Date created: 2014-09-12 Name: Scott Goldstein
Location: Cedarhurst, NY

"Leaky boiler"
Parents replaced their 40-year-old boiler with a Burnham. After less than 10 years, the Burnham boiler was leaking and had to be replaced.
Date created: 2014-08-15 Name: Ddavid
Location: Middletown, NY

"Burnham Boiler Block CRACKED"
Home built 2003 Burnham boiler installed (date of manufacturer 10/03). Long story short had it cleaned yearly. Yesterday's cleaning 8/14/14, discovered large crack in block! Didn't make it 11 years! Other neighbors w/same boiler installed didn't make it this long! Called Burnham offered a prorated discount of $725 & $825 on two different models that received horrible online reviews incl. Cracking problems. Could not believe the reviews Burnham received in general. Burnham offered to replace cracked block at a price of approx. $300 (not incl. Labor) only if you are the orig. Home owner/purchaser. Do yourself a huge favor purchase another brand boiler!
Date created: 2014-07-10 Name: BMC
Location: South Shore, MA

"A disgraceful product."
This Burnham v-7 was installed in 1999 and began leaking in 2014 -- 15 year life. My old American Standard lasted over 30 years; was original to the house and was still working when I replaced it to be more energy conscious and efficient. Like throwing money down the drain. With the poor ratings that Burnhams have received and their lackluster or nonexistent customer service, I'm surprised that consumers haven't driven this company out of business by shunning all of their products. And surprisingly, Burnham has done nothing to redeem itself. I have never heard of having to buy an oil boiler every 8 to 15 years. Very disappointing.
Date created: 2014-03-06 Name: Jodi

"Warning -- warranty is not transferable"
We purchased our home from the builder who installed the boiler. We have had it serviced regularly. Our boiler is leaking between sections 3 and 4 and needs to be replaced. Apparently, we are not covered under the warranty, even thought the casing on our model are known to be defective, because we were not the home owners at the time the boiler was put in. We will never purchase another product from Burnham.
Date created: 2014-01-28 Name: dissatisfied installer
Location: Hudson Valley

"Burnam cast iron is cheap and will crack."
Model 4wfh (Essentially a v7 or v8) wet base cast iron. The first block cracked severely after 11 years. During the heating season. Burnam replaced at discounted cost but did not cover labor or other materials. The replacement block (manufactured 12/02) has cracked too. 11 years, during the coldest weather of the year. Burnam once had a good reputation. Not any more. I have seen/heard of many others with the same problem. Essentially a ten year lifespan - if You're lucky. Avoid.
Date created: 2013-09-12 Name: Denise Lane
Location: Massachusetts

"Do Not Buy From This Company"
There is a known issue with the block inside the Burnham oil burners that were installed in 2001. I found out when I had mine serviced and there was a crack in it. Burnham will not give me even a partial credit because it is 2 years over the warranty period. The warranty period should only be applicable for boilers that did not have a major known issue. Whatever happened to putting customers first? If you know that you are at fault, do the right thing.