Consumer Reviews of BURNHAM boilers

Read more about BURNHAM boilers

Date created: 2008-11-25 Name: Damon Brooks
Location: Bridgton, Me.

"Damon Brooks President Western Maine Heating And A/C"
I sell and install boilers for a living. I don't think I could look a customer in the eyes and sell them a Burnham Cast Iron Boiler. Burnham knows their boilers leak out and they choose not to stand by them. I don't care if the boiler is ten years old they know they are junk and should stand behind their product and not hide behind their warrenty.

Date created: 2008-11-24 Name: John F. Kearney, Jr
Location: Rocky Hill, CT

"Burnham Boiler"
I installed a top of the line Burnham boiler nine yaers ago and it is leaking. From what I understand this is a common problem so be careful before you purchase a Burnham boiler. To make matters worse when trying to replace under warranty, my oil compnay receive one run around after another. This is no longer a quality American Company dedicated to quality, and customer service.

Date created: 2008-10-12 Name: Tammy

"Burnham boilers"
I bought my home in 2002 and replaced the furnace through the gas company and got a Burnham residential cast iron steam boiler I went to put the heat on and it would not start. I called a plumber heating place they came and said it has a crack on the top it must have happened last year never water on the floor because it was on the top the whole inside is junk all rusted all Burnham said was they would replace the block but its probably junk and need a new one the said they would give 5 hundred towards a new one all labor is on me and the rest of the cost is on me I have no money to replace and the 5 hundred they offered I will still need to come up with at least 4500. I never thought I would be going through this after 6 years Do not buy a Burnham they are no good they should last at least 20 years Please if this is happening to a home owner email me at tf1am@aol.com

Date created: 2007-09-07 Name: Bill
Location: Massachusetts

I have two Burnham boilers in the last 12 years and both have had cracked castings. I would not purchase another.

Date created: 2007-03-19 Name: CP
Location: Madison, CT

I've been in the house for less then two years but the boiler is the original which is only 9 years old and still under the "10 year" warranty. Unfortunately this warranty is only for the original owner. No boiler should need to be replaced so quickly and have a manufacturer back away from their obligation to make you whole.

Date created: 2007-02-13 Name: TGridley
Location: Newburyport

My Burnham furnace-boiler, has just cracked. I purchased the house 3 years ago, and the unit was installed less than 10 years ago... what was most alarming is when the HVAC person said, this was the 3rd one he had to replaced this month... but they were the orginal owners and they were under warranty... (10 years on the cast iron) Mine was not... The concern is, that they are producing goods that are completely inferior and in my estimate using imaterials or processes in mfg. that are so substandard... that you will need to replace your unit with in 10 years... underwarranty, or imagine, year 11, having no recourse...

Date created: 2007-02-08 Name: P. Palmer
Location: Sheboygan, Wi.

Got it in 1983 a burnham steam boiler. 23 yrs later the heat exchanger rusted out on top so bad the steam was going out the flue and soaked through the chimney and ruined my walls and burnham said they will not replace it. I had a lifetime warranty on this unit. I told my friend about this and he canceled his order from burnham for a water boiler. I will never buy a burnham again.

Date created: 2007-01-29 Name: Bobby
Location: Leonardtown Md

We just cleaned the boiler after 19 years. Well as you can guess it was a mess. But after a few hours of cleaning it was good as new.