Consumer Reviews of BURNHAM boilers

Read more about BURNHAM boilers

Date created: 2009-04-19 Name: BURNHAM

"Company does not stand behind its produce"
Don't worry about being shafted as the second owner. First owners get shafted as well. Replaced old furnace with a Burnham 11 years ago. Recently it started leaking all over my family room floor (furnace installed right next to fr) When the fuel oil company came to check on it (same company that installed it and maintains it every year) discovered it had a crack in it. Piece would need to be replaced. After conversations with friends in the business, I learned that Burnham has problems with boilers manufactured in 1996-97 and all of them leak sometime or the other. Why didn't they do a recall when this was discovered? Why wait until customers have problems and then say oops - your problem? Personally, I am reporting Burnham to the bbb and Consumer's Report. Sloppy business from a company purporting to be professional.

Date created: 2009-03-26 Name: BURNHAM

"Burnham Boilers Suck"
A new Burnham boiler was installed in 2001 and after 8 years we have to replace the block. The installation was made in Wellesley, ma and Burnham is blaming the water in Wellesley. The issue resides in their casting quality between 1999 and 2002 from the data I have seen on failures. As a company, they have no integrity to honestly address their quality issue. I will never buy a Burnham Boiler again. This company has no integrity in owning up to their responsibility.

Date created: 2009-03-18 Name: Jack
Location: Massachusetts

"Burnham Boiler"
I have had three different houses in the last 15yrs and had a Burnham put in them all, most recently I had one of their new high efficiency condensing boilers put in and it cut my fuel bill in half. I don't usually put much credibility in these sites because people only come hear when they have a complaint and they never come here to praise a product. I would put in anything but Burnham and it is Made in America to boot!!!!!!

Date created: 2009-03-07 Name: C Rhoades
Location: Illinois

"1944 RESIDENTIAL BURNHAM BOILER"
My Burnham Boiler has been serving my home since 1944. It was originaly coal fired, then oil after the war (about 1952), and eventualy gas in 1990 at the onset of Desert Storm because of uncertain oil prices. I wire brushed and painted it bright aluminum, it's a thing of beauty. I replaced about 10" of caulking myself with pitch and hemp rope because of some seepage between the cast pieces. Except for a new thermocoupler every 15 years, I figure it will outlast me. Yeah, it's not energy star efficient and is a little higher on the bill. But it keeps the house toasty without fail, needs no electricity, has no crappy circuit boards, and I could theoretically burn anything for fuel if ever need be. Keep the old boiler! Once repaired it will surely outlast anything on the market by 20 years. Embrace the value of low tech!

Date created: 2009-02-06 Name: Rob in Shelton
Location: Shelton, CT

"Garbage"
Had a Burnham boiler for 5 years. It leaked. Got oil company to work with Burnham to contribute $500 towards a major overhaul (after a threat of small claims court). That only covered a small part of bill. Less than 5 years later, same problem. When regional CT rep was called again (Jack Welch), his reply was that it was not covered by warranty any longer. Here we go again... I think not. Buying a Buderas boiler! Burnham stinks!

Date created: 2009-02-02 Name: Jack
Location: Massachusetts

"Burnham s bad boilers"
Put a Burnham in my new house in 98. pouring on the floor after only 10 yrs 5 months.with a 2 in crack in cast iron. you guessed it 5 month too late for a warranty. offered a rebate on a new model. New one will cost the same price as paid for original boiler. What a deal!!! (Without labor of course. read carefully junk boiler junk warranty, junk company

Date created: 2009-01-20 Name: Jack Ryan
Location: Westford, MA

"Burnham Boilers Suck"
We are now in the process of replacing our 3rd Burnham Boiler (ma) in 9 years. Our neighbors all have had to replace theirs as well. The neighborhood is only 10 years old. The oil co tells us Burnham got cheap on their steel and all of them are cracking between 2-5 years...go with another brand!

Date created: 2009-01-12 Name: R Watkins
Location: Billerica, MA

"BURNAHM - NOT RECOMMENDED"
I purchased my first Burnham Boiler 12 years ago. I have problems with it and at six years old, the unit started leaking internally and had to be replaced. Burnham blamed the water in my community, but replaced the unit. However, they would not pay the labor, which ran thousands. Six years later (now), the replacement boier has developed a leak. Unfortunately, the warranty is based on the first installation date. Now I have to pay to replace the boiler again. I have talked with others, who have told me my case is not unique and that Burnham has had numerous quality problems with residential boilers. I will never install a Burnham product in any house ever again, and I would strongly urge anyone looking for a new boiler to consider anything but a Burnham boiler.

Date created: 2009-01-09 Name: Joan E. Ahern
Location: Whitman, MA

"Leaking problem"
I am very unhappy with this boiler because it is leaking in three chambers and had only been in use two years when it started showing signs of leaking problems. It replaced a Burnham boiler that had been in use since 1958 with no problems at all. I only replaced to upgrade.

Date created: 2008-12-17 Name: Mario
Location: Long Island, NY

"Installer"
I think Burham puts out an excellent product on all there boilers. I will continue to recommend Burham boilers to all my customers.