Consumer Reviews of BURNHAM boilers

Read more about BURNHAM boilers

Date created: 2009-11-20 Name: Cheryl

"Burnham Boiler"
Like many this is my third time replacing my system, and all I have to do is pay $3,200 for installation. The last time I had a Burnham installed it was only $800 back in 2005. I don't think I should have to pay for it , but try and get ahold of someone at Burnham you CAN't, may be they will listen if a laywer and the Better Business Bureau get involved

Date created: 2009-11-18 Name: JW

"Hoping for the best"
I had my oil company install the unit back in Nov of 2004. They have serviced regularly every November since. Last week I was told that at some point the unit leaked internally and that they are contacting Burnham to have the unit replaced. Not sure what will happen here but I'm not very optomistic based what I've read on this site....Keep you posted!

Date created: 2009-11-13 Name: Rudi & Yvette Swol

"BURNHAM boiler"
Found water on floor and after calling service it is a cracked boiler. Had replaced it 11 years ago just to get one more efficient, old boiler was over 40 years old and working fine. I should never have made the change. Now after reading all the complaints from others about Burnham I will be looking into getting a different brand or changing my oil and service company if need be. I have yet to hear if they will make any kind of adjustment on a new system.

Date created: 2009-11-06 Name: dean

"Journeyman plumber"
I have installed Burnham boilers for 39 years and have only had (1)that had a problem. I average 15 boilers a season. That means I have over 550 boilers out there with my name on them. No problems. Burnham is a top of the line product in my book and I never hesitate to offer Burnham to my customers.

Date created: 2009-11-04 Name: P. Hatch

"Another PV7 Boiler leaking everywhere!!!!"
Just had my pv7 Burnham Boiler replaced. I put it in new in 1997. It was leaking a little, and during the night let loose. My finished basement including drywall is soaked. There is not way Burnham does not know they sold a defective product. This is half the life a boiler should last and Burnham should be ashamed of themselves. If anyone knows of a class action suit, sign me up! I would never buyer Burnham again.

Date created: 2009-11-02 Name: PHIL

"BURNHAM"
Love my "made in U.S.A." burnham BOILER!!!(10yrs old)and I live near dunkirk. Have been in the heating bussiness since age 10 with my dad(im 38).Went on to do comm and indust work on much larger boilers.Have seen may installations.90% of residential/light commercial installations are incorrectly installed.(they work- but not properly) Sounds like the failures on this site are mostly oil fired.I Now own my own buss. and service/install only gas boilers-NO problems!!!

Date created: 2009-09-22 Name: Vijay

"BURNHAM Heating Unit"
Total unsatisfield with the boiler. It makes Loud Noise when it start. Feels like expolosin in the house. The company that installed is Petro. They charged like 5000 dollars and it is totally useless unit. Several problems so far.

Date created: 2009-09-02 Name: Roger Sevigny

"Burnham Boiler Core"
After only 10 years and after yearly service, the core of the PV713WT boiler has cracked. We are told that this model is not covered under the special warranty. The furnace is in my 87 year old mother's house and we need to get it fixed as the summer is definitely over. Very disappointed, as we hear there have been a lot of complaints and problems with this particular type.

Date created: 2009-08-22 Name: Scott & Helen Brown

"3rd Burnham Boiler goes in 10 years"
We have now gone through our 3rd Burnham Boiler as of this week and will not be in our new home 10 years until Dec. Each time we have noticed a large puddle appear almost over night. Even with a hose on the pipe, the drain cannot take the amount of water flowing. Will be calling Burnham on Monday and filing small claims against the company. I can see one failed system because of a flaw, but two was rediculous and three is getting to us.

Date created: 2009-05-30 Name: Dave Barnhart

"Another Burnham failure"
Like everyone else, my Burnham goiler is leaking and needs to be replaced. They offer a small rebate on a new one. Yeah, I'm buying another Burnham boiler...Never!!