Consumer Reviews of Burnham boilers

Read more about Burnham boilers

Date created: 2010-01-01 Name: Scott

"Ex-Burnham owner"
My Burnham boiler broke after 8 years of service! I bought my house when my boiler was 6 months old, 8/2002. Thus, I'm not the original owner (more on this later). I have a PSEG worry-free contract and it was serviced and maintained as needed and directed by them. I've had 2 contractors say it was the best condition boiler they have ever seen fail! Brought in PSEG and contractor and both agreed and showed me a perforation of the upper block or manifold where the steam is and the failure is above the water line. I saw a similar post of the leak occurring near the fins or the 1/4 nubs in the casting in the same area. Burnham will do nothing even though a boiler of this age would be under warranty to the original owner. I would love to know who sells their house and takes the boiler with them. If there ever was a person, it should be by the owner who sold me this house. He never went through one season using this boiler! Also, you would think a company would stand behind their product not behind words in a warranty, "original owner." What a joke! Don't ever buy and install a Burnham in your home or customers' homes! It is my $6000 lesson. Learn from it now! I had the option of a Burnham direct replacement which was almost $1000 cheaper as the plumbing was virtually the same, I said no way I'll fork out $1000 more to not put Burnham back in my house.

Date created: 2009-12-30 Name: Mary

"Burnham PV-8"
Installed Fall of 2001. Worked great until boiler block started leaking Christmas Eve 2009. Burnham definitely had a problem with the v-7 but clearly they didn't completely fix the problem with the v-8. I've been told Burnham will cover a new block and jacket (a p-910) but we are on our own for the labor estimated to probably run us $2,000. Haven't heard much about this new model but hope they finally fixed the cracking boiler problem or Burnham's already sliding reputation will end up in the toilet.
Date created: 2009-12-08 Name: Dan Socha

"Burnham boiler"
I had a boiler installed in March 2001. It's now November 2009 and sure enough one of the sections was leaking. I should have read these reports earlier. And the "limited warranty"? Biggest joke on paper. They'll replace the section, however, you have to have it installed at a significant cost. Even the distributor had his hands in your pocket. They want $100 just to process the warranty. What a joke! It's junk yard time.
Date created: 2009-11-29 Name: Bob King

"Oil Tech"
Just to let you people out their as a small contractor I can`t afford to install a Burnham Boiler. I have a good repore with my customers and when a product goes bad I try to make it right,but cant with leaky bad casting from burnham I recomend Weil Mclain or if a side arm heater Viesman is a excellent choice or basi. I have been in business for 25 years. Now when I have a problem with Burnham I just give them the factory reps number
Date created: 2009-11-25 Name: J. Janda

"Declared Obsolete"
Xg2000a installed new in 1990. a few minor failed parts, no leaks. Now the VizLogic board has failed. None in stock. Burnham has declared the unit obsolete. Now, for want of a $100 part I need to buy a new boiler for thousands. Twenty years is a long time, but I can still buy parts for my 20 year old lawn mower, fridge, dishwasher and car. For me, Burnham has just declared themselves obsolete. Never again.
Date created: 2009-11-20 Name: Cheryl

"Burnham Boiler"
Like many this is my third time replacing my system, and all I have to do is pay $3,200 for installation. The last time I had a Burnham installed it was only $800 back in 2005. I don't think I should have to pay for it , but try and get ahold of someone at Burnham you CAN't, may be they will listen if a laywer and the Better Business Bureau get involved
Date created: 2009-11-18 Name: JW

"Hoping for the best"
I had my oil company install the unit back in Nov of 2004. They have serviced regularly every November since. Last week I was told that at some point the unit leaked internally and that they are contacting Burnham to have the unit replaced. Not sure what will happen here but I'm not very optomistic based what I've read on this site....Keep you posted!
Date created: 2009-11-13 Name: Rudi & Yvette Swol

"BURNHAM boiler"
Found water on floor and after calling service it is a cracked boiler. Had replaced it 11 years ago just to get one more efficient, old boiler was over 40 years old and working fine. I should never have made the change. Now after reading all the complaints from others about Burnham I will be looking into getting a different brand or changing my oil and service company if need be. I have yet to hear if they will make any kind of adjustment on a new system.
Date created: 2009-11-06 Name: dean

"Journeyman plumber"
I have installed Burnham boilers for 39 years and have only had (1)that had a problem. I average 15 boilers a season. That means I have over 550 boilers out there with my name on them. No problems. Burnham is a top of the line product in my book and I never hesitate to offer Burnham to my customers.
Date created: 2009-11-04 Name: P. Hatch

"Another PV7 Boiler leaking everywhere!!!!"
Just had my pv7 Burnham Boiler replaced. I put it in new in 1997. It was leaking a little, and during the night let loose. My finished basement including drywall is soaked. There is not way Burnham does not know they sold a defective product. This is half the life a boiler should last and Burnham should be ashamed of themselves. If anyone knows of a class action suit, sign me up! I would never buyer Burnham again.