Consumer Reviews of BURNHAM boilers

Read more about BURNHAM boilers

Date created: 2010-04-22 Name: Bill & Pat

"Burnham V-73-T"
We are the original owner of this boiler. The house was purchased new. Burner tech found a small crack in the block. It would cost $2,600.00 to replace the block. I will contact Burnham directly. It is still under a limited warranty. We see what happens from here. Don't think I want another one.

Date created: 2010-04-15 Name: Frank Bypass

"C B"
Boat anchor, horizontal block crack. I am looking at third core. Burnham very unhelpful on phone at #717-397-4701. Wouldn't buy a candle from BURNHAM. SHAME,try to support local Corp. but product N.G.

Date created: 2010-02-23 Name: Doug

"Stand by your product! BUYER BEWARE"
I bought my house 7 years ago and inherited a 1998 Burnham as such. We've had numerous service people tell us that it was one of the best units on the market, so we were satisfied. Recently though, I've noticed water coming from the boiler and flooding the floor. Come to find out that Burnham "had a problem with the castings" at the foundry. My service contractor told me that it was a manufacturer defect & that they were not responsible. Great. The joints where the cast is put together leak lik a siv now. I wrote 2 letters to Burnham and got a response on the second. Long story short, they will not be replacing the casting because I am not the original owner. Who on earth takes a furnace with them when they move homes? Buyer beware. This company does not stand by their product. Do not buy a Burnham.

Date created: 2010-01-07 Name: Rob

"Burnham Boiler Three"
My first two Burnham steam boilers cracked and leaked within two years each. I am now on my third using the latest redesigned (I hope) mega steam. It is two years old and has not leaked yet. I ended up paying $1,600 for installation and the extra needed parts with the "free under warranty" second boiler and $2,000 for the installation and extra parts for the "free under warranty third boiler." The Burnham Company is a joke. I sent letters and called on the phone. They just want everyone to go away. They manufactured a poorly designed defective boiler and don’t want to admit it. My boiler installer wants to know why none of the other brands of boilers he has installed (hundreds) have problems with “oxygenated water” from topping off causing cracks. Maybe Burnham engineers should spend more time designing quality products and less time dreaming up far fetched theories for why their cracking boilers are not a manufacturing problem. I replaced my home’s original (not Burnham) boiler that was 35 years old and never leaked only because I did not want to wait until the dead of winter some year and have it finally die. All the burner technicians I talked to think Burnham boilers are a great way to make vacation money because they have replaced so many. The local supply house stopped carrying them, Burnham had to open their own warehouse to stock their boilers for warranty replacement (south of Boston Ma.). It has two employees who just process cracked boiler requests all day. I guess Burnham has since also added a $500 service charge for the privilege of getting a boiler warranted. (plus you pay shipping too, oh joy!) I hope they go bankrupt when we finally get all the people together for a class action law suit and are reimbursed for the additional boiler installation charges everyone has paid for. I only used the two warranty boilers because I would have had to pay over $4,500 to start over and have a different brand installed. If this boiler leaks I will never buy a product made by this poor excuse for a company again. They are totally irresponsible.

Date created: 2010-01-07 Name: Barbara Burgard

"Wish I Had Known"
Put in January, 2007. Service calls immediately, finally sent techs to calibrate. Also sent a part that had not been used before, ran better, but not well, after that. Still lots of service. Tubing cracked, January, 2010. Company will not replace or reimburse. Told the contractor it was because of the cold weather. Replacing with a different company. We are out a lot of money, 2 furnaces in 3 years.

Date created: 2010-01-01 Name: Scott

"Ex-Burnham owner"
My Burnham boiler broke after 8 years of service! I bought my house when my boiler was 6 months old, 8/2002. Thus, I'm not the original owner (more on this later). I have a PSEG worry-free contract and it was serviced and maintained as needed and directed by them. I've had 2 contractors say it was the best condition boiler they have ever seen fail! Brought in PSEG and contractor and both agreed and showed me a perforation of the upper block or manifold where the steam is and the failure is above the water line. I saw a similar post of the leak occurring near the fins or the 1/4 nubs in the casting in the same area. Burnham will do nothing even though a boiler of this age would be under warranty to the original owner. I would love to know who sells their house and takes the boiler with them. If there ever was a person, it should be by the owner who sold me this house. He never went through one season using this boiler! Also, you would think a company would stand behind their product not behind words in a warranty, "original owner." What a joke! Don't ever buy and install a Burnham in your home or customers' homes! It is my $6000 lesson. Learn from it now! I had the option of a Burnham direct replacement which was almost $1000 cheaper as the plumbing was virtually the same, I said no way I'll fork out $1000 more to not put Burnham back in my house.

Date created: 2009-12-30 Name: Mary

"Burnham PV-8"
Installed Fall of 2001. Worked great until boiler block started leaking Christmas Eve 2009. Burnham definitely had a problem with the v-7 but clearly they didn't completely fix the problem with the v-8. I've been told Burnham will cover a new block and jacket (a p-910) but we are on our own for the labor estimated to probably run us $2,000. Haven't heard much about this new model but hope they finally fixed the cracking boiler problem or Burnham's already sliding reputation will end up in the toilet.

Date created: 2009-12-21 Name: Bob & Joanne

"BURNHAM BOILERS are the WORST"
I have just had Petro in regarding a leak coming from Boiler. We bought the heating system through them and had them maintain the system all along. After three service calls, they finally removed the side panel and discovered the leak's coming through the cast iron block and say they have never seen that before. Wow! The reviews I am reading about the Burnham v7 and Petro are unbelievable. I am through with Petro and would be happy to join a class action suit against both Burnham and Petro.

Date created: 2009-12-08 Name: Dan Socha

"Burnham boiler"
I had a boiler installed in March 2001. It's now November 2009 and sure enough one of the sections was leaking. I should have read these reports earlier. And the "limited warranty"? Biggest joke on paper. They'll replace the section, however, you have to have it installed at a significant cost. Even the distributor had his hands in your pocket. They want $100 just to process the warranty. What a joke! It's junk yard time.

Date created: 2009-11-29 Name: Bob King

"Oil Tech"
Just to let you people out their as a small contractor I can`t afford to install a Burnham Boiler. I have a good repore with my customers and when a product goes bad I try to make it right,but cant with leaky bad casting from burnham I recomend Weil Mclain or if a side arm heater Viesman is a excellent choice or basi. I have been in business for 25 years. Now when I have a problem with Burnham I just give them the factory reps number