Consumer Reviews of BURNHAM boilers

Read more about BURNHAM boilers

Date created: 2010-11-11 Name: M Duarte
Location: Rhode Island

"Terrible Product and Customer Service"
Exact problam as many others here, bought house 5 years ago, boiler was installed in 1999. I noticed water underneath so called the heating technician. He opened the boiler up and it is totally rotted. He wished me good luck dealing with Burnham. He was 100% correct. Very offhand, informed me I could get a discount on a new one as a "good will gesture" and why was I complaining I hadn't lost any money! What? I called the Better Business Bureau to complain. Is there a class action suit? Sign me up.

Date created: 2010-11-09 Name: M. GISCHEL
Location: Balto. MD.

"ES2Natural gas"
Had a Burnam boiler and indirect hot water installed by Petro. Installation was very professional and it looks terrific. However, the salesman for Petro was less then professional. After having settled on the install he insisted on partial payment OK , then asked for credit card info imediately after- unusual? The following day I called to let him know that my wife had used the card and wouldn't have enough for the final payment. Next day he talked to my wife and said they would not start the job until he had the total payment. Against the law ? -probably but OK Install complete everything is fine and dandy ------NOT!!! Had an ACH debit from my account along with the check nearly 10 Grand paid out. Fraud ? real close Took nearly three weeks to get our money back. Lots of sorries but no restitution or even a free burner cleaning. WILL NEVER EVER USE PETRO FOR ANYTHING , YOU WOULD BE WISE TO DO THE SAME.

Date created: 2010-11-07 Name: Melanie reichler
Location: new york

"Bad product"
I have a 10 year old Burnham PV7 boiler and it leaks. The heating co I use tells me this happens all the time. I don't know how they get away with it. The block leaks and I am told they cannot replace it and I need to buy another boiler. Another great American product. Does any one have any advice on how to deal with Burnham? I would be happy to join in on a class action suit

Date created: 2010-11-04 Name: Maureen - MA
Location: Weymouth MA

"Model 207NCL"
Was installed in 2003 less than 7 years ago and i have water all over the floor and repair person thinks it needs to be replaced!! They should last years longer and i am online looking to see if there has ever been a recall on this? Kids home sick with Strep, NO Heat and going to be 30 degrees this weekend.

Date created: 2010-10-17 Name: cindy morris
Location: Southwest Hrabor Me

"Who wants to go after Burnham?"
6 year old furnace cracked! Anyone intrested in a class action suit against these guys? Contact me

Date created: 2010-09-27 Name: K. Mailler
Location: Cornwall, New York

"Junk and will not honor warranty"
Had a 4WNH boiler installed in 1997. Block cracked in 2001. My repair company fought long and hard to get unit replaced under warranty. Had to pay them labor to replace the unit and Burnham would not reimburse the labor charges. Yesterday had a basement full of water again and it appears to be the block in the replacement unit. Called Burnham, they will not warranty this unit. They are trying to back date us to the original unit. What kind of garbage is this? They offered us a new unit for $1,150. I asked why would I buy another unit from them when they sell junk? The lady says to me quote "our new units are better now" Tells you they know they have a problem. Will NEVER buy a Burnham product again. And by the way we are the original owners and they will not honor the warranty. The sears furnace my in-laws put in the house in 1940 was still working fine when we decided to UPGRADE for better heat efficiency using a new boiler and installing new baseboard replaced the old cast radiators. SAD

Date created: 2010-09-22 Name: S. Wong
Location: New York City

"6yr old Burnham IN5!..no problems so ar!"
Tossed out a perfectly good Peerless oil fired steam boiler 6 years ago due to a below ground ruptured oil line rendering house unliveable due to fumes. As luck would have it I was flat on my back after hernia surgery. Wife laid down the law stating she was tired of the mess, fumes, and yearly maintainence required changing out nozzles, filter not to mention yearly cleaning of passageways. Keyspan here in NYC had promotion of a free Burnham if we converte from oil to gas. Got ripped off pretty badly with costs installing and carting away the tank. Since we live in NYC the bureaucracy getting surplus oil sucked out followed by different contractor to cut up tank in a completely finished basement. Keyspan recommended contractor recommended a model IN4 after a quick heat analysis. I instead went with the Burnham IN5 with standing pilot ignition. Very concerned with casting thickness and gasket sealing materials of Burnham but Weil McLain is identical. Quality unlike 20 years ago has gotten pretty bad. So far my 6-yr old Burnham IN6 is problem free but reading all these negative reviewsdoesn't exactly install confidence I made the right decision....time will tell. For those considering either Burnham I'd stick with a standing pilot model over piezo electric ignition...way easier to troubleshoot not to mention when the piezo control box fails it's very costly to purchase and replace by your heating contractor. BTW, the same control box sells for $125 on eBay yet costs over $400 when installed by your contractor. Finally, a genuine Burnham thermocouple sells for $125 on the web yet a generic Honeywell Q309A thermocouple sells for $10/unit on eBay but you have to buy a box of 10...ugh!

Date created: 2010-09-13 Name: Dave

"V7 okay"
I have a 17 year old Burnham v7 boiler, just cleaned and serviced last week, no sign of any leaks.

Date created: 2010-08-30 Name: Vincent

"Burnham V73"
Not an old boiler, but recognized in the industry as being a piece of garbage. Every service guy has been surprised that is has lasted over 10 years, but each has told me that it is just Ďa matter of timeí given how terrible the casting was on these units. Sure enough, the thing has cracked and Burnham wants nothing to do with me, since I bought the house soon after the unit was installed. A second class company with a third class attitude. I will not go near another of their products even if itís free.

Date created: 2010-08-26 Name: D. Pechin

"PV73 Junk"
Moved into our house 6 years ago. Burnham pv73 installed in January, 2000 with the original owners and me believing there was a lifetime warranty. Starts leaking in August 2010. Warranty does not extend to me since I am not the original owner. Original owner called and made warranty claim. Burnham claims, he has no coverage since he is no longer living there. Warranty is bs unless you plan to stay in your home forever. Looking at $5,000 to replace boiler with a different manufacturer. Burnham stinks and I would join a class action suit with similar minded people.