Consumer Reviews of Burnham boilers

Read more about Burnham boilers

Date created: 2010-12-02 Name: J Anthony
Location: Wilkes-Barre, Pa

"Stay away from Burnham boilers"
I purchased a burnham hot water oil burner in March of 2001. Several friends in the industry suggested I get a Burnham as they were the Cadillac of the industry. I found water all underneath the unit several weeks ago and the block had already cracked so I had to buy another boiler. When I called Burnham direct to compalin, their attitude was pick a number and wait your turn as we know about the problems but we don't care. The problems were with the V-7 units but mine is a V-8 and the same thing has happened, the materials used in building the blocks was too thin to meet the industry rating standards and the Burnham units have been failing left and right and it is sad that Burnham does not seem to care about their inferior prodcuts. I work in the insurance industry as a manager and customer service is always a very high priority to us but it seems to be on the bottom of the totem pole for Burnham. I would strongly suggest that consumers look to purchase any other brand of boilers such as Peerless as dealing with their poor attitude when calling about the warranty is just more stress on top of what they already caused.

Date created: 2010-12-02 Name: Vito
Location: Brooklyn, NY

"Burnham KV87"
NEVER BUY A BURNHAM.....my unit is 5 years old and leaking.....I was under the impression that this was under warranty.....just like other reviews....I was quoted $3300 to fix my problem.....BTW i also had a repair and maintenance contract with PETRO.....ALL MISLEADING.
Date created: 2010-11-30 Name: d. ryan
Location: nanuet, ny

"Leaking boiler"
Had a burnham boiler installed less than 4 yrs. ago. it is now leaking from the block, burnham is refusing to replace the boiler, only the part which would cost$2,400 to be instaled. burnham boilers are junk, don't ever buy one!!!!!
Date created: 2010-11-28 Name: Stephen S.
Location: Greene Rhode Island

"V-75"
I built my house 10 yeqrs ago and paid extra foe a burnham V-75 series 190,000 BTU boiler and two days ago I noticed water around the boiler, called a service man and he told me that the casting was faulty on this series of burnham boilers and that I needed a new boiler. He then called a local supply house and they said that burnham would only give a 1200.00 credit towards a new Boiler but it must be from them (Burnham)so now I am stuck without any heat until next wendsday and stuck with a pay out of pocket to the tune of $4000.00 to replace a boiler that I was told would last st least 25-30 years. Oh by the way I am disabled with a wife and 2 children that have to stay with my in-laws until the new boiler is in next week. I think that BURNHAM needs some help when it comes to owning up to selling defective boilers and should be ashamed of themselfs.
Date created: 2010-11-26 Name: Scott
Location: New York

"Cracked in 3 years"
I had a new burnham oil burner installed in 2007. It was recommended by oil company. Installation alone was $4500. My first boiler was the original and lasted 75 years. The burnham lasted 3 years. Then I was forced to shell out another $4500 in labor costs to install the replacement from Burnham for the defective boiler they sold me in the first place. I would love to speak to the Penn or NY State Attorney General. Since the Boilers are only sold to contractors, What a great Scam. Make a boiler, even if its defective sell it, and then the contractors get new installations every few years instead every 50 years. Can't you just see a discussion between some contractors and the company. Why scrap a boiler that doesn't pass inspection, when you can sell it, replace it in 5-10 years, and use the money for all that time.
Date created: 2010-11-16 Name: Ann
Location: NY

"Cracked!"
We bought a house with a model RSA125thTB installed 5-7 years ago. This year, when we had it cleaned, the technician showed me a big crack in the fire box (I suppose it's what everyone is calling the block). If we can't find papers, will have to pay $500-$800 for it to be replaced. Now we're wondering if we should just replace the whole unit. I contacted the CPSC, because anything as big as this around a furnace poses a risk of serious injury from scalding + any number of other things. I would recommend that others do the same.
Date created: 2010-11-14 Name: Curtis Burton
Location: RI

"Paid $5000 5 yrs ago, now broken"
Purchased a Burnham boiler 5 yrs ago and was told that it would last 25/30 years, that it was top of the line, etc. During a maintenance cleaning I was told that the interior had rusted through and that the entire unit would have to be replaced. 'Luckily' I have a warranty that is still in effect, yet am obliged to pay ~ $1,700 for labor costs! For such a 'good' brand name - or at least that is what I was initially told - I am very disappointed. Wondering now where to find the $1,700 to pay for this little surprise...
Date created: 2010-11-14 Name: Debbie
Location: connecticut

"Don't buy"
I had my boiler installed 6-7 years ago. Just noticed a leak. The last boiler was there for thirty years. My next boiler will not be a burnham. I am disgusted.
Date created: 2010-11-12 Name: LGILBLAIR
Location: Somerville, MA

"OH MY GOD"
WE INSTALLED 3 BURNHAM BOILDER IN 2003, KEPT THEM SERVICED AND CLEANED FAITHFULLY EVERY YEAR- lAST WEEK 2 OF THEM WENT (CRACKED bLOCKS) - MY SERVICE MAN SAID THIS HAPPENS TO BURNHAM BOILERS ALL THE TIME - i WOULD BE VERY INTERESTED IN JOINING ANY ONE WHO WANTS TO SUE
Date created: 2010-11-11 Name: M Duarte
Location: Rhode Island

"Terrible Product and Customer Service"
Exact problam as many others here, bought house 5 years ago, boiler was installed in 1999. I noticed water underneath so called the heating technician. He opened the boiler up and it is totally rotted. He wished me good luck dealing with Burnham. He was 100% correct. Very offhand, informed me I could get a discount on a new one as a "good will gesture" and why was I complaining I hadn't lost any money! What? I called the Better Business Bureau to complain. Is there a class action suit? Sign me up.