Consumer Reviews of BURNHAM boilers

Read more about BURNHAM boilers

Date created: 2010-11-26 Name: Scott
Location: New York

"Cracked in 3 years"
I had a new burnham oil burner installed in 2007. It was recommended by oil company. Installation alone was $4500. My first boiler was the original and lasted 75 years. The burnham lasted 3 years. Then I was forced to shell out another $4500 in labor costs to install the replacement from Burnham for the defective boiler they sold me in the first place. I would love to speak to the Penn or NY State Attorney General. Since the Boilers are only sold to contractors, What a great Scam. Make a boiler, even if its defective sell it, and then the contractors get new installations every few years instead every 50 years. Can't you just see a discussion between some contractors and the company. Why scrap a boiler that doesn't pass inspection, when you can sell it, replace it in 5-10 years, and use the money for all that time.

Date created: 2010-11-16 Name: Ann
Location: NY

"Cracked!"
We bought a house with a model RSA125thTB installed 5-7 years ago. This year, when we had it cleaned, the technician showed me a big crack in the fire box (I suppose it's what everyone is calling the block). If we can't find papers, will have to pay $500-$800 for it to be replaced. Now we're wondering if we should just replace the whole unit. I contacted the CPSC, because anything as big as this around a furnace poses a risk of serious injury from scalding + any number of other things. I would recommend that others do the same.

Date created: 2010-11-14 Name: Curtis Burton
Location: RI

"Paid $5000 5 yrs ago, now broken"
Purchased a Burnham boiler 5 yrs ago and was told that it would last 25/30 years, that it was top of the line, etc. During a maintenance cleaning I was told that the interior had rusted through and that the entire unit would have to be replaced. 'Luckily' I have a warranty that is still in effect, yet am obliged to pay ~ $1,700 for labor costs! For such a 'good' brand name - or at least that is what I was initially told - I am very disappointed. Wondering now where to find the $1,700 to pay for this little surprise...

Date created: 2010-11-14 Name: Debbie
Location: connecticut

"Don't buy"
I had my boiler installed 6-7 years ago. Just noticed a leak. The last boiler was there for thirty years. My next boiler will not be a burnham. I am disgusted.

Date created: 2010-11-12 Name: LGILBLAIR
Location: Somerville, MA

"OH MY GOD"
WE INSTALLED 3 BURNHAM BOILDER IN 2003, KEPT THEM SERVICED AND CLEANED FAITHFULLY EVERY YEAR- lAST WEEK 2 OF THEM WENT (CRACKED bLOCKS) - MY SERVICE MAN SAID THIS HAPPENS TO BURNHAM BOILERS ALL THE TIME - i WOULD BE VERY INTERESTED IN JOINING ANY ONE WHO WANTS TO SUE

Date created: 2010-11-11 Name: M Duarte
Location: Rhode Island

"Terrible Product and Customer Service"
Exact problam as many others here, bought house 5 years ago, boiler was installed in 1999. I noticed water underneath so called the heating technician. He opened the boiler up and it is totally rotted. He wished me good luck dealing with Burnham. He was 100% correct. Very offhand, informed me I could get a discount on a new one as a "good will gesture" and why was I complaining I hadn't lost any money! What? I called the Better Business Bureau to complain. Is there a class action suit? Sign me up.

Date created: 2010-11-09 Name: M. GISCHEL
Location: Balto. MD.

"ES2Natural gas"
Had a Burnam boiler and indirect hot water installed by Petro. Installation was very professional and it looks terrific. However, the salesman for Petro was less then professional. After having settled on the install he insisted on partial payment OK , then asked for credit card info imediately after- unusual? The following day I called to let him know that my wife had used the card and wouldn't have enough for the final payment. Next day he talked to my wife and said they would not start the job until he had the total payment. Against the law ? -probably but OK Install complete everything is fine and dandy ------NOT!!! Had an ACH debit from my account along with the check nearly 10 Grand paid out. Fraud ? real close Took nearly three weeks to get our money back. Lots of sorries but no restitution or even a free burner cleaning. WILL NEVER EVER USE PETRO FOR ANYTHING , YOU WOULD BE WISE TO DO THE SAME.

Date created: 2010-11-07 Name: Melanie reichler
Location: new york

"Bad product"
I have a 10 year old Burnham PV7 boiler and it leaks. The heating co I use tells me this happens all the time. I don't know how they get away with it. The block leaks and I am told they cannot replace it and I need to buy another boiler. Another great American product. Does any one have any advice on how to deal with Burnham? I would be happy to join in on a class action suit

Date created: 2010-11-04 Name: Maureen - MA
Location: Weymouth MA

"Model 207NCL"
Was installed in 2003 less than 7 years ago and i have water all over the floor and repair person thinks it needs to be replaced!! They should last years longer and i am online looking to see if there has ever been a recall on this? Kids home sick with Strep, NO Heat and going to be 30 degrees this weekend.

Date created: 2010-10-17 Name: cindy morris
Location: Southwest Hrabor Me

"Who wants to go after Burnham?"
6 year old furnace cracked! Anyone intrested in a class action suit against these guys? Contact me