Consumer Reviews of Burnham boilers

Read more about Burnham boilers

Date created: 2018-08-23 Name: Angel Nieves
Location: New York

"Very Unsatisfied"
I'm very unhappy with this boiler. I have had it since 2012. Last year the coil broke and the hot water melted the part away, causing a flood in my furnished basement. I had to pay for labor. Now I'm waiting for the manufacturer and the oil company to fix another leak I have underneath the boiler. It's a big part which they have to fix. I hope I don't have to pay for this too. There must be some type of recall on these boilers. They are lemons.

Date created: 2018-01-19 Name: MARK SALAMACK
Location: Massapequa, NY

"What a piece of crap"
This unit was installed after Sandy...actually the first one we put in had a cracked section...then we waited 6 weeks for this replacement....there have been recalls on the circuit boards...I believe that it has been replaced 4 times, possibly 5 times...there was a recall on another part also so, and the fan assembly keeps becoming loose no matter how tight I have put the screws back in ...which should never have loosened to begin with...I Took what I could get after the flood, but this is really a very poorly made product and the company's customer relations is dismal ...once they get your money, they just do not give a hoot about you...I Will probably pay for a new boiler...yes after 5 years.... And replace it...it is just not dependable and subject to frequent need for repair...my previous Smith boiler was in use for twenty years when the flood hit....that was the only time it malfunctioned in all that time...the 3 feet of flood water did it in
Date created: 2017-11-01 Name: T.J.
Location: Tri State Area

"Will not honor their warranty"
This company is absolutely the most crooked that I've ever come across. The first boiler that was installed leaked and failed within 4 years, they replaced the blocked, but within 9 years started to rot and leak. Still within the warranty I called the company, first I was told that yes it has a 10 year warranty... Then told that the warranty actually began on the date that the first boiler was put in, which by the way was defective. After jumping through hoops from both my oil supplier and Burnham, with a series of calls and things that I had to do, I'm told from a angry and rude Burnham service agent that since it was a replacement part, it only has a 1 year warranty. Clearly, they don't read their own warranty, but I did. Of course it does say that its up to the discrepancy of the company to not honor it. Wow... Wasnt asking for anything free or trying to get one over on them, I just wanted them to honor their warranty. My service manager at my oil supplier wasn't much help either, every time I talked to him, he acted like I was bothering him from his nap. He had absolutely no interesting in helping out a customer of over 30 years. Needless to say, we're done with them both. I hope everyone heeds my warning about this brand. So disappointed with both Burnham and the oil supply company, whom I wouldnt be surprised if the Burnham and the oil supply company are in cahoots with eachother. So disappointing, where a person's word or even a written warranty doesn't mean anything anymore.
Date created: 2017-02-06 Name: Banerjee

"TRASH"
Constantly shutting off. No heat/no hot water. Trash boiler and trash equipment.
Date created: 2016-12-30 Name: dale
Location: Dubois, PA

"Burnt the back out of the combustion chamber"
Noticed on Christmas Eve a light coming from the back of the furnace. There was a hole almost big enough to put your head in. Talked with customer support and basically didn't get any help as far as the warranty. 11 years old, burnt through everything. Flames coming out of the back of furnace. Suggested I get a replacement kit from the dealer. Not sure but I may have to remove all piping to get this done. Be aware of this problem. Will be back after I see if it's possible to repair or not. Maybe some firebrick could prevent this from happening on this lightweight unit. Why would you make it lightweight? Not going to move it to clean under it.
Date created: 2016-02-26 Name: R Pincus
Location: Long Island, NY

"8 years and dead"
This cast iron steam boiler was installed in 2007. Surprised that after 7 years it kept shutting down and the oil company would change the filter and get it running again, but it happened too often for a fairly "new" burner. Also I noticed lots of smoke coming out of the chimney but the oil company told me this is normal on cold days. In December 2015 it shut down again, a different oil company repair person got it back running and right before he leaves takes off the cover and says "this boiler is shot, has a big hole, and unsafe to turn back on." 10-year warranty is worthless as Burnham claims the hole is due to the water, and reading reviews on this burner convinced me this is a poorly made product. Very surprised even in 2007 when reviews were out on this horrible product, still being manufactured and installed. Worst boiler ever - stay away from Burnham. In the dead of winter, opted for a new different manufacturer boiler that cost me $4400 compared to this lemon that cost me over $6,000.
Date created: 2016-02-12 Name: Raymond J Smith
Location: Shokan, NY

"Mine is great"
Have read many bad reviews. Mine is the opposite. It was installed in 1986/87. I do all the maintenance annually. Clean, new filter, screen, nozzle, and electrodes. Works just fine. Nothing has broken on the boiler end. Have replaced the air control and expansion tank.
Date created: 2015-12-11 Location: Fayetteville, NC

"Burnham K2 Boiler"
I've owned this boiler for about 1 year and 5 months. This Utica unit is a gas-fired boiler and provides us with hot water at any time. Sometimes it can be a bit loud if someone is in the shower for a while, but other than that it is quiet. I had to get the loop circulator replaced because the boiler was making weird noises two months ago, but the repair went quickly thanks to our amazing repair guy and it works fine again. My experience getting the boiler repaired went well. The repairman, who came directly from Burnham, was friendly and knew exactly what was wrong right off the bat, and the repair did not cost me much. I would probably buy from Burnham again, as the boiler was relatively cheap compared to other models and does the same quality of work. I would also recommend this boiler to a friend, as this boiler is a lot more energy efficient than my previous boiler.
Date created: 2015-12-09 Location: Boone NC

"Boilers are better!"
So I have owned my boiler for about 7 years now, we had to replace it when it burst roughly 7 years ago. I can tell you that I have no problems with it other that the baseray sticks out a bit far from the wall and sometimes entering and leaving a room I may stub a toe on it. We have put a thick rubber pad on the corner to remedy this, still kind of hurts though. I really enjoy how quick it heats it no matter the temperature in or out of the house. I have not (knock on wood) had to fix or repair anything with this boiler I have now. I have and will continue to tell my family and new friends about this particular brand and model. They are great and would gladly get another from them if this one was to tank out on me.
Date created: 2015-12-06 Name: Sean tatro
Location: Milton, VT

"Remichel company"
Hi folks, I hear a lot bad things here and I'm going to give you some helpful info. First, don't call the manufacturer, call the local wholesaler or tech who installed it . Remichel company is the local wholesaler in Vermont who deals with Burnham. I have had to do one claim in 17 years of installing them and I had the boiler the next day for the home owner, no hassles at all. My guess is some of you are having problems more with the service company, from what I'm seeing. I love these boilers and have had no issue with the one claim I've done. I would speak with the local wholesaler in your area. I'm sure they can help you through it. I hope this info is helpful.