Consumer Reviews of BUDERUS boilers

Read more about BUDERUS boilers

Date created: 2009-12-09 Name: Jack

"Buderus/Riello Heating System"
Buderus is a boiler manufacturer and does not supply the oil (gas) burner. Your service tech is the one that chooses what equipment that mates to this boiler. Most of the negative reviews are referring to the oil burner. I replaced a 50-year old American Standard with a Buderus 3 section mated to a Riello (Italian manufacturer)oil burner in November 2007. This small footprint unit sits on top of a Buderus 30 gallon indirect water tank with the Logamatic controls. I am saving greater than 40% in fuel costs.

Date created: 2009-11-10 Name: gus

"Oil fired buderus"
Installed direct vent buderus with carlin burner in 2004, never a single problem.

Date created: 2009-10-09 Name: Chuck

"Buderus 115"
I had what people told me was the best system out there. The boiler constantly gets clogged with thick, goowey, black, tar looking stuff when it gets cold out. I've had several people look at it. One guy told me that's it's the cold air intake that's causing the clogging. About once a week the boiler stops firing. I have to clean the boiler out and then it will run. Only happens in the cold of winter though. Seems to run fine in the summer. I guess I need to move to warmer climate to write a good review.

Date created: 2009-04-16 Name: BUDERUS

"Owner"
At first we had a problem with boiler noise and soot. I called a small local company that was trained at Buderus in nh. Now the boiler is silent, burning clean and saving us lots of money in oil. The technition said most people don't let the boiler work long enough to set the draft properly. He also found the oil pressure settting was never adjusted. Just because a company installs something does not mean the know what they are dooing. Always hire factory trained companies with factory trained staff.

Date created: 2009-03-30 Name: BUDERUS

"Buderus boiler owner and installer"
I have been installing Buderus boilers for nearly 10 years now and have found that one of the most dependable boilers on the market is Buderus. I put one in my house almost 3 years ago and haven't had any problems. The only time I have ever had a problem was when I sized a boiler to the blueprints provided to me by the contractor, then after installing it, they decided to put in cheaper insulation, windows, and failed to put in a vapor barrier. Subsequently, the boiler is now undersized, so the house won't go above 68 degrees on the coldest days. I have encountered other problems that customers have had that were due to improper installation and burner set-up, but I was able to remedy the problems by adjusting or replacing burner/venting controls/components.

Date created: 2009-03-02 Name: C. Schoenmaker
Location: Ontario, Canada

"Buderus Wall mount Boiler"
Very expensive to put in and was told it was the best around. After two winters the fan motor burned out. Cost - $1000.00 to replace not including the labour. I would never purchase another one since they don't stand behind their product.

Date created: 2009-02-07 Name: johnson
Location: New York

"Buderus"
Great boiler>Had it installed 2 year ago. No problems and we use less fuel.A Thing to remember is must problems are due from poor installations not the boiler.

Date created: 2008-12-16 Name: Palmer
Location: Anchorage, Alaska

"Poor review from unexperienced homeowner"
From Fatima: "They donít tell u this but every year u must have it maintained every year at cost of about 300+" Wow, did you know that ALL Boilers should be serviced once a year, and ALL Boiler manufactureres would require that for their warrante. Every year you should have your boiler inspected, tuned if needed, cleaned if needed, and clean/inspect the stack. That goes for any boiler or furnace. Yeah most people dont clean and tune their heating equipment, but if they did it would be savings in ther pocket due to maintaining peak efficiency

Date created: 2008-12-01 Name: FATIMA
Location: CT

"BUDERUS"
I purchased a Burderus boiler in Nov 07, it is now Nov 08 and I had to have it serviced twice costing me nearly 500 dollars in one year in repairs...these guys are a rip off sure u save in some "cents" with your oil bill however those savings go right back to the company that installed them! Warning b4 u purchase a Buderus make sure they explain their maintenance plan in English! They donít tell u this but every year u must have it maintained every year at cost of about 300+ they charge u the diagnostic charge when they know what the problem is- the filter always becomes clogged and the system will shut down I guarantee it....then they will tell u they have to diagnose the problem (160) and then they charge u 100+ to do what they already know is the problem..

Date created: 2008-08-26 Name: Hvac365

"Once again the boiler delivered"
The latest buderus boiler i've installed runs like a champ. The heat lost to the basement is near zero. Replacing your old boiler, you may need to put on a sweater to do laundry in your basement now.